The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Memorial Day Princess Louisa Cruise
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Memorial Day Princess Louisa Cruise Reply with quote

OK, we are taking Friday, May 25, off to make a four day weekend out of Memorial Day. Heading up to Birch Bay Thursday evening, for an early morning launch in Blaine on Friday. Clear customs at White Rock, and on our way! Saturday and Sunday in PL, head home early Monday morning. So, anybody else still planning on PL over Memorial Day?

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pat and Patty,

I guess I spaced out regarding the requirement of passports, which won't be in effect until 2008. So... I'll talk to Caryn but the plan sure sounds doable to me. Count us as "very interested" until I get the final word from the admiral. Wink

Peter
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! We are not sure whether our passports will be back from the Passport Office by then or not, it has been over two months since we sent in our renewal applications. Patty called and the recorded message emphasizes you do NOT need a passport to enter or return from Canada by boat yet. Whether or not those happy chaps from CPB will agree or not, we shall see. She did get to talk to a real person, and was told they should be here Memorial Day. So we are going, whether our passports arrive in time or not, with birth certificates and picture ID (drivers licenses) which is all that is presently required legally.

c-dancer wrote:
Hi Pat and Patty,

I guess I spaced out regarding the requirement of passports, which won't be in effect until 2008. So... I'll talk to Caryn but the plan sure sounds doable to me. Count us as "very interested" until I get the final word from the admiral. Wink

Peter
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a great Memorial Day weekend trip. Wish I was there with yall.

Byrdman

C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 sold again.. May 2020
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hu #14 - Bought her again - May16
Aloysius, Sold to Brother Mike Mar16
Aloysius, Hull # 440 RF-246
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 Sold May09
TC24, Hull #51, Sold Feb06
CD16A, Sold Dec03
Never Deny Yourself The Pleasure of Helping Others.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a remote chance that if all goes perfectly, that "Frequent Sea" will join you. The goal was to be in Seattle about this time--and an other visit to PL would be truely wonderful!

We got our passports several months ago and paid the extra for "express" service. (A friend is the local post office passport expert and highly recommended it). We got the new Passports in less than 2 weeks. (Our old ones had expired and it was beyond the grace time for renewal).

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
johnf

City/Region: Tigard, OR
State or Province: OR
Photos: Boat Name TBD II (johnf)
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...we're thinking hard about this. Matter of fact it hurts!!! Shocked

John

Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shucks, it looks like we won't be able to make it up to PL with you guys afterall. Caryn is flying south to Atlanta with her daughter, leaving me all alone to...probably install a new radar.

Sorry P&P, we really wanted to make it happen this year. Oh well, maybe next year Crying or Very sad

Email: pjamero@gmail.com
Cutty Sark

City/Region: Kenmore, Sammamish Slough
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Cutty Sark
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this sounds like a fun trip, weather pending of course. I'll have to see what we have going. Any expectations as far as crowds up there? Will there be alot of people? Definitly a place I want to see, not sure if this is feasible but definitly interested.

Sark
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot! Sorry to hear that!

c-dancer wrote:
Shucks, it looks like we won't be able to make it up to PL with you guys afterall. Caryn is flying south to Atlanta with her daughter, leaving me all alone to...probably install a new radar.

Sorry P&P, we really wanted to make it happen this year. Oh well, maybe next year Crying or Very sad
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really have no idea about the "crowds" - have not been there before. Memorial Day is probably not a Canadian holiday, eh? (I get to say that, as R-Matey Ruth discovered, I am a WHOLE lot more authentic Canadian myself than I ever imagined!).

Cutty Sark wrote:
Wow, this sounds like a fun trip, weather pending of course. I'll have to see what we have going. Any expectations as far as crowds up there? Will there be alot of people? Definitly a place I want to see, not sure if this is feasible but definitly interested.

Sark
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob - you are in our thoughts, and although we have never met you are a friend. Hope your surgery went well, and it would be fantastic if this could move from "remote" to "likely"!!!!

thataway wrote:
There is a remote chance that if all goes perfectly, that "Frequent Sea" will join you. The goal was to be in Seattle about this time--and an other visit to PL would be truely wonderful!

We got our passports several months ago and paid the extra for "express" service. (A friend is the local post office passport expert and highly recommended it). We got the new Passports in less than 2 weeks. (Our old ones had expired and it was beyond the grace time for renewal).
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pat when susan and I went two years ago ther were only three boats at the dock. heres us at the dock on that saturday
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back up to the top! Four more working days until we head out for Princess Louisa! We are taking off for Birch Bay after work on Thursday, May 24th, we'll spend the night at our funky little house AKA the Crab Palace. Austin and Baxter are coming. Sure hope the Gary King Alaska Series arrives - we'll be in trouble without a dinghy.

Here is our tentative itinerary. Distances are from Coastal Explorer, and I am assuming we will be able to run at 12 knots - or faster. Sloppy conditions can change everything of course. There will be a fuel stop on the way back, probably at Pender Harbour. If anybody sees anything wrong with this plan, please let us know!

Friday, May 25th - launch at Blaine about 7:00 a.m., clear customs at White Rock, run 67 NM to Smuggler Cove. About five and a half hours at 12 knots, assuming conditions will let us run just off the BC mainland coast. All we will lose is some time at Smuggler Cove if it takes us longer.

Saturday, May 26th - leave Smuggler Cove about 6:00 a.m. (Patty may still be sleeping!), run 48 NM to Malibu Rapids, 4 hours assuming 12 knots. Malibu turns to flood at 10:02 a.m., if I read the chart correctly. Hopefully we will get there a little bit early, and be able to scope it out. Maybe we don't care with a C-Dory, but the timing seems good, so why tempt fate? Be anchored up in Princess Louisa by 11:00 a.m. or noon, enjoy the place! Sundowners in the cockpit under Chatterbox Falls!

Sunday, May 27th - stay at Princess Louisa until about 4:00 p.m. Malibu turns to ebb at 5:19 p.m . Run 42 NM to Garden Bay (guessing at this distance), three and a half hours at 12 knots. Anchor up and relax for the evening.

Monday, May 28th - leave Garden Bay at 6:00 a.m., run to Blaine, 73 NM, about six hours at 12 knots. The info on the CBP site about customs clearance sites and hours is contradictory and confusing - we should be at Pt Roberts around noon, no problem if it takes a little longer. Clear customs at Pt. Roberts, retrieve in Blaine and get back to Fall City before dark!

So, updates on who else might be coming please!
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could but cant make it this year. susan Says if we go anywhere this week end it will be to the gulf islands . Most likey it wil be sturgean fishing in front of marysville then bbq at the house.
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Be anchored up in Princess Louisa by 11:00 a.m. or noon, enjoy the place! Sundowners in the cockpit under Chatterbox Falls!

There is only room for maybe two boats to anchor anyplace in the area of Chatterbox Falls and that is right dead in front before the bottom goes to 1200 ft. There are some rings that have been placed in the rock walls mostly just to the south of the falls and I think you could do a stern tie to those and still anchor. The dock is quite long, you should be able to get a place there. There is water on the dock piped down from the mountain.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: