The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

06/01 - 06/04 - Connecticut River Gathering
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTYankee

City/Region: Conn
State or Province: CT
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Crescent Girl
Photos: Crescent Girl
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: 06/01 - 06/04 - Connecticut River Gathering
From Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:00 am to Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:59 am (included)

Hi Northeast C-Brats,

We will forming up for a mini-gathering on June 1st at the mouth of the Connecticut River at Old Saybrook, and spending one or two days exploring New England's longest estuary, and then head for the North Fork of Long Island for a night or two. We expect to be back by June 4th, but are flexible if folks have alternate schedules. Highlights should include a stop in Essex, Hamburg Cove, and Hartford CT, and then Shelter Island, NY with great anchorages anf some terriffic dining. So far we have four boats and crews, and would love to have others join us if you are able. Contact me directly, or sign up above.

Mike or Bill, can you set me up with a sign up sheet and photo album?

Thanks guys. I know there are some new owners who we have not met yet, and we hope you will join us.

Dun (CTYankee)

Edit by TyBoo:
Added to Calendar
Signup list started
CTYankee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on CT River cruise,

Old Lyme Marina at the mouth of the River is now a C-Dory dealer and has graciously stepped up to offer us the following:

Old Lyme Marina Open House
Date June 2nd 2007
Place Old Lyme Marina 34 Neck Rd Old Lyme CT 06371 Time 9:00 am - 1:00 pm Come see the C-Dory line of boats Some models available for test rides Refreshments / Lunch

For the C-Brats Owners Group
The Old Lyme Marina will have 1 dock space and 6 moorings available for June 2nd. We will have two parking places for vehicles without trailers.

We plan to stay here on Friday night, and then head up river on Saturday, and then across to New Yok's Shelter Island either late Saturday, or early Sunday depending on weather. This is great cruising grounds, with good fishing and lighthouse sightseeing for those interested.

Dun
Rick from Maine

City/Region: No. Berwick
State or Province: ME
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Hunky Dory
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: CT River Gathering Reply with quote

Hi Dun,

Looks like an interesting cruise. I've always wanted to go up the CT River ( NE's Longest) from the sound to Hartford. I'd like to stop for a minute at the Opera House. I'll plan on leaving our tow rig at the ramp by Rt 95 in Old Saybrook on June 1st. Any idea how long it takes to cruise up to Rocky Neck or Hartford? Saturday, if we spend time at Old Lyme Marina, we'll have to buck the afternoon SW's chop to Shelter Island, so maybe we'll want to spend Saturday night in the CT river, and leave early Sunday for Long Island, before the chop kicks up. We'll play it by ear depending on weather like usual. I definitely want to spend some time in Coecle's Harbor. There are several Geocaches there that are designed to be reached by Kayak. I wonder if we can get to them with a C-Dory, or if we'll have to use a dink. We're looking forward to this season opening cruise.

Rick & Carol from Maine
CTYankee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick,

It will take most of the day to get to Hatford and back. Frankly, above Haddam Meadows State park the river is not all that interesting. The best scenery is the southern part and we can do that in 4-5 hours. There will be Saturday boating traffic, and no wake zones, so we can't just speed up there and back. I told the marina we might not be able to stick around for lunch, and she offered coffe and donuts in the morning instead if we want. That should give us plenty of time.

With good weather, the trip to Coecles Harbor will only take 90 minutes. With bad weather it can take 3+ hours. We should have time to do a circumnavigation of Shelter Island either Sunday PM or Monday morning. If we want dinner at Rams Head Inn, we should do that well ahead. Fred, what do you think?

We'll just play it by ear with the weather. We'll have plenty of time!

Dun
ffheap

City/Region: Hingham
State or Province: MA
C-Dory Year: 1983
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Inn-The-Water
Photos: Inn-The-Water
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good plan. I am going to try and get there early, like the end of May. I have a few places to stop. Hamburg Cove. The boat yard is owned by a college classmate of mine. I owe him a lunch. Also in Portland a Motel Owner who is a member of New England Inn Keepers has a dock behind his Motel. I told him I will drop by. Got it marked on my Chart.

Fred

El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a short tale of our trip up and down the CT River on Halcyon. If you have a moment, check it out at

http://www.geocities.com/bill_fiero/connriver.htm

Hope the weather is good -- it's a great cruise and we'll be with you in spirit -- bon voyage on a beautiful cruise.

Duke

City/Region: Old Saybrook
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Happy Ours
Photos: Happy Ours
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: CT River Cruise Reply with quote

Hello Fellow C-Brats!

Awesome weather here in New England! YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Have been busy prepping "Happy Ours"!

Barb, Katie & I are looking forward to meeting you all again. The only day we are not available is Saturday.

Lots to do and lots to see here in CT and NY! Gillette Castle, Hamburg Cove, Selden Creek, Essex, Goodspeed Opera House/Bridge, Lighthouses, Fenwick, eagles, Orient Point, Sag, Shelter Island, Greenport, etc.

The trip up the CT river is pretty cool! I have made the trip solo several times from Old Saybrook to Hartford. Boat traffic will be a bit heavier on the weekend.

Currently in process of installing a washdown system, carpeting, new antenna and new venting in galley cabinet. Engine is all set. A little wash and wax and she is READY TO GO!

Expect to launch in early May. Last year was 04/28 thru 12/03.

Fred, if you do come early, be sure to give us a shout!

Will continue to monitor postings and email!

Dan

Happy Ours
Old Saybrook, CT
aube@comcast.net
ffheap

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dun,

It is about time to collect Cell phone numbers. Mine is the same as last year.

Fred
ripple

City/Region: Mill Valley
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Ripple
Photos: Ripple
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just bought a new 22 cruiser from Old Lyme Marina and would love to go but can probably only go for the weekend. Still have not even had the boat in the water but hopefully it will be ready to go in a couple of weeks.
CTYankee

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, Ripple. we'd love to have you join us as long as you can. we will be at Old Lyme Marine Friday evening, and leave for the up river cruise Saturday morning. We may stay at Old Lyme Sat night or head over to Shelter Island depending on the weather. Stay with us a long as you can. It will be great to meet another CT C-Brat!

Dun (CTYankee)
CTYankee

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, make sure you sign up on the sign up sheet!
CTYankee

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK guys,

I need to get everyone's Cell phone number and email address so I can keep everyone informed. I also need to make reservations for dinner on Friday night June 1st at the Griswold Inn and Sunday night June 3rd at Ram's Head Inn on Shelter Island, so let me know ASAP if you will be joining us. It looks like we will have 6 boats for the weekend and maybe 4 or 5 crossing the sound on Sunday. Old Lyme Marine is planning an open house and cookout on Saturday, so we'll join then as long as we can. Hopefully they will have some prospects to view our boats and have questions answered.

Thanks!

Dun
ffheap

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

Are we going? The weather looks like rain all weekend. Please let me know by calling my cell phone number. I will try and call you. I will not be monitoring the internet when I go to Hingham this morning. The computer is down and being fixed.

I don't want to sound like a fair weather sailor, but the rain on the Erie Canal last fall was not comfortable. I slept in a wet sleeping bag the whole week.

Fred
CTYankee

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred, if you're still there, I am still planning on going. The weather reports call for partially sunny with possible t-showers in the afternoon. If I stayed home every time I heard that forcast for Long Island Sound in the summer, I would never leave the house. If it's too rough for the Sound crossing on Sunday, we'll just stay on the North Shore of CT.

I can't comment on your wet sleeping bag...or how it got that way! Shocked
El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how did it get that way, Fred? Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: