The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

new boat soon...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pugetsounder

City/Region: Edmonds
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Haileigh's Comet
Photos: Haileigh's Comet
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris & Janet wrote:
I use my boat as a van/pick-up. Any of you haul eight people around? Roofing or plywood? A dozen or so large (100#) sturgeon?

Chris 1/2 of Chris & Janet

CD22 wanabes (soontobes!)

Welcome Chris & Janet.

We had a 22 Classic. We also have a place on Hat Island. We have hauled plenty of plywood, metal roofing, refridgerators, you name it.
Luna C

City/Region: Lake Goodwin/Center Island
C-Dory Year: 2019
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Panthera
Photos: Luna C
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new CD22 is ordered, old 1987 21ft trophy is up for sale. What to do on a beautiful Pacific NW Saturday? We have a 16ft Challenger (Whaler knock off) so off to the San Juans we go! We checked on our cabin on Center Island, but there was not enough time to warm it up and stay so we discussed some boat exploring options... How about shooting over to EQ and checking things out first hand, after all we have read on this site. Slack tide was in an hour, so off we go...

1/2 hour later we were walking down the county dock heading for C-Dorys to look at. (Just looking at them helps while we wait!) We wanted to meet "man myth" boat Les and we did. We only took him away from the Da New Da Nag for about 1/2 hour. (during this time someone was working hard on the Sea Shift though!) By the way, I heard in the news that "Super Sizing" will no longer be available - not sure how this will affect SSSS. Any way, Les spent some time drawing & explaining how the port forward facing seat will work. We will look forward to seeing this completed at a future gathering.

Meeting Les must have had quite an impact becuase at 4:50am a CD vision came to me right before my closed eyes! Not life changing anything, but maybe useful. One of our main boat uses is to transport family and friend to our afore mentioned cabin. We have been talking to Jeff about dropping the galley to the level of the helm seat and adding a seat on top for dual use. We could have opted for the "sport cruiser" model but we did not want to loose the galley. Stooping a bit will be far out weighed by the extra seating capacity. After talking with Les on the port forward seat design and realizing that liability had to go along with functionality, just setting a framed seat on the galley would not be the answer. One good wave and friends and seat would all be in a pile. Then the Les inspired vision! If you are still with me by now, I'm impressed! I really do think it is a good one and I will sketch it out and send it to da nerd guys and see if it is really worth posting!

I'll break here - this is getting to be a novel!
Luna C

City/Region: Lake Goodwin/Center Island
C-Dory Year: 2019
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Panthera
Photos: Luna C
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the facts this time:

Power. I decided on the 90 Suzuki (Johnson). After all of the input (much appreciated), Les' points on the single win for what I want. VERY tough choice. Why the Suzuki ? The Honda BF90 is the same unit as the 75. The 90 Suzuki is the same as the 115. I like the idea on having potential for more vs maxed ou on the other. 350cc's larger + EFI.

Wallace. Yes! Sounds like most of you are happy with it.

Helm seat. Not sure about the "barber chair". I need more info. If Janet is to take the helm, she'll be needing a pillow as it is now!

Trailer. Went with the Sea King dual axel, disk brakes, with bunks. My Trophy had bunks, I thought I'd always want to "upgrade" to rollers! After 25 years of bunks, I like the simplicity and will stick with them.

Electronics. Very tough! I've already given up an arm & a leg for this boat! The goodies in da new da nag looked nice, maybe he'll list them on the C-Bay site for a bargin? I am looking at a Raymarine chart ploter & depth sounder with radar and auto steering as possible add ons down the road.

If we do get delivery in April, we may stop by the Lopez gathering to say "hi"![/code]
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris & Janet wrote:
By the way, I heard in the news that "Super Sizing" will no longer be available - not sure how this will affect SSSS.

Hi Chris and Janet, I'm sure you're going to be thrilled with your new purchase! It is amazing to me all the decisions that we are confronted with when ordering these fine vessels.
I had heard that McDonalds were no longer going to "Supersize", but hadn't heard about the "Supersizing of C-Dorys" going by the wayside as well. Cry Obviously, there is only one remedy to this dilemma......order TWO of them! Wink

C-Brat #16
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys did good! You're gonna love it.

Now then, they say these C-Dorys change people once they finally get into one. It is my belief, however, that the boat doesn't actually bring about any real change to the family who owns her, rather, it merely inspires and allows them to be who they really are and have wanted to be for so long. There may be to others an appearance of change, but the only thing different will be you folks being who knew you have been all along. That's why C-Dory people get along so famously. There are no pretensions; we are not only happy with our boats, we are proud to be in one and at peace with ourselves. Them ThunderJet guys aren't really as bold and arrogant as they seem; they just haven't figured themselves out yet. Dr. Phil might sense that they need a hug, but we know better.

Congratulations!

B~C

City/Region: Bend
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew, Mike, All I know, and I might add, is that the C-Dory takes a bunch of my change.........folding money too
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK then! Now, I don't know if anyone actually explained this to your or not, but when you go from a Trophy to C-Dory, you also have to go from Bud to Wildcat IPA. It is sort of a similar step up. Catman will explain it all...
Chris & Janet wrote:
The new CD22 is ordered, old 1987 21ft trophy is up for sale.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: