Forward Facing Seats, aka The Barber Chair

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynn Marie

City/Region: Redmond
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Lynn Marie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Forward Facing Seats, aka The Barber Chair Reply with quote

I've posted pictures of the Barber Chair project I finally finished in the Lynn Marie photo album.
I used a piece of 3/4" mahogany to replace the floor under the table, build a side bin to hold a slide rail, and make a new outboard side to the seat box. The seat slides in a rail system built on the bin by way of a poly T bar that's fastened to the seat box. It keeps it from going side to side. The box sits on 1/4" thick furniture gluides that slide directly on the cork flooring. The seat is held in place with a stainless steel hasp that folds over a threaded inset gizmo TyBoo Mike made that uses a 1/4" threaded knob. There are two recieving fixtures, one for forward, one for aft. I used threaded connection to avoid any rattles. Hope it works. I reused the floor from under the table for the front of the box.
The part that took the most time was putting down cork flooring on the cabin soles. It was a pain but I do like it. Quiet and good thermal qualities.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cabin, Interior All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: