The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Cost of a 19 footer ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beradon

City/Region: CAPE CORAL
State or Province: FL
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Cost of a 19 footer ? Reply with quote

I'm moving to Florida on 3-23 and need a 19'C-Dory real bad. Being 10 minutes from the fishing capital of the world (matlatche)SP? and not having a boat is depressing. I'll be talking with my local dealer real soon but before I get sticker shock I'd like to get an idea of the "out the door" price on a 19'. Boat, 75 or 90 HP engine and single axel trailer. Just factory standard electronics. Without tax, approximately what should I expect to pay ? I realize there are a whole lot of varabiles but I'm just looking for a ballpark estimate. I did see the used ones listed here and they fit the bill but if new is just a couple thousand more, it might make sense. Thanks!
C-Hawk

City/Region: Carpinteria / Channel Islands
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Hawk
Photos: C-Hawk
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple- Check the C-Dory factory website. They have the pricing with options. Check the pricing for the engine and electronics you want-viola, you have a ball park price. Nothing like doing a little home work and factoring in the items that you think you would want on the boat.

Heck, when I ordered my boat five years ago, PJ told every one that I had my "boat in a box". I had a LARGE file with the boat and all of the electronics I wanted, along with the pricing. Both install pricing and cost of self install- I wound up installing everything my self.

KJ6VVB
A Brat I am, At sea I be
God is Great, Beer is Good.... and People are Crazy
beradon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Thanks Salty Dog ! Reply with quote

Thats quite a savings for what is essentially a new boat. Unfortunately the trailer is painted steel and 99% of my boating will be in salt water but I guess i could get a year or two out of it. I spoke with the gentleman in Indianapolis a couple months ago and he sent pictures-The boat is very, very nice and I think the lighter weight of the E-Tech 90 is a plus on a 19'.
I'll be in our new Fl house this coming Friday and I expect to have "cash in hand" soon after and if its still for sale I'm going to give it serious consideration. I've owned a Boston Whaler CC, a Mako CC, and my last boat was a 19' Sea Hunt CC I bought from Eds Marine in VA but I've never been on a 19 Dory and I'm a little hesitant to buy without a test drive. I've read everything there is to read about C-Dorys but I'd love just 5 minutes on the water to be sure its for me. Decisions, Decisions
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on boat show prices I saw this year, for a 2007 19' C-Dory Angler, new, with around 70-90 hp 4 stoke motor and new aluminum trailer, batteries, wet ready for the water...between $35,500 to $37,000 should get you in the ball park.

The issue I have with the basic retail pricing on boats home web pages....is it too sorta matches the weight of a boat... that price, as the weight, does not include motor, batteries, and everything else it takes to be a boat. It would however, at that price make a good looking salad bar table...if you add some way to keep the salad items cold.

Do a couple of things...

A: - look at the dealerships on the east coast who have in their inventory a CD19A. There is not that many dealerships to contact. If they were not sold at the boat shows..you may have a dealer that is ready to turn that money over into a CD22 or CD25 hull that could, and generally, sells more often.....

B: Look and see if there are any used ones on this brat site...and do not expect a C-Dory to depreciate like industry standard boats depreciate...they do not... The motors do, the hulls do not..and often if you have to borrow a large percentage of the monies...the BANKS will not support the amount of the loan...nor, can they find one for you for the amount they will loan... The like new boat loans.

C: Keep your eyes open for a possible C-Dory 18' Angler that might be on the market within a month ...in the southeast...that has been pretty well refurbished....for about $15-18K less than what a new 19 Angler would cost you. Mr. Green

C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 sold again.. May 2020
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hu #14 - Bought her again - May16
Aloysius, Sold to Brother Mike Mar16
Aloysius, Hull # 440 RF-246
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 Sold May09
TC24, Hull #51, Sold Feb06
CD16A, Sold Dec03
Never Deny Yourself The Pleasure of Helping Others.
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OR....
Buy a 16' cut off the back end and put an additional 3' in between the two pieces. A lot of the engineering work has been done on the 2' extension so a 3' extension shouldn't be too hard to do. With the proper preparation, this should only cost a few $1000 more than a new 19' Wink

Salty Dog

City/Region: Traverse City
State or Province: MI
Photos: Salty Dog
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beradon,
Glad that helped you out. One thing I didn't think of. Those prices were all pricing for the components only and didn't include installation costs. So, my figure was actually low because you still have to factor in motor installation, controls, gauges, etc.

Jack
Byrdman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Follow Up Jack!! Yep, again... another reason why the web site base price is misleading...giving too many folks false hope for owning a C-Dory. The boat show pricing did include all rigging and water ready, with trailer, and one of the coast guard safety kits with the big ol orange life jackets we use for fenders when rafting up.

Do keep us posted on your hunt!!
Squarehead

City/Region: Gig Harbor
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW I got mine last year used one year old with about 30 hours on it loaded (radar, GPS/plotter, fish finder, elec wipers, 90 horse Honda, King Saltwater trailer, back canvas, Scotty electric downriggers) for $28K
beradon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Squarehead - Reply with quote

Go to the police station and turn yourself in-You stole that boat ! Excellent price! I'm hoping to find a similar deal
Byrdman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beradon: Stop buy in Mt. Juliet TN on your way down and I'll treat you to a spin on C-Byrd, the last 18' C-Dory Angler made....unless of course you are one of those travel dead heads that once you get behind the wheel....you never strop to break the trip up a bit.

Byrdman
beradon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Thanks Byrdman ! Reply with quote

Thats a great offer but we have to get to Florida fast. My Buddy took off from work to help us move and transport one of our cars and has to get back to work ASAP so we don't have time for "fun". Would love to take you up on it though!
Byrdman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safe Travels....and good luck with your move. Now once you get into FL...you will have to let us know which town you settled in...
Steve Grover

City/Region: Lake Tahoe
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Vessel Name: Tee Ten
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: 19' C-Dory for sale Reply with quote

There is a NEW 19' C-Dory for sale in Sebastopol at Guenter's Outboard Inc. Advertised with a 90 hr. Yamaha for under $30k. (707) 887-7708. If you do call please use my name. Steve Grover.
beradon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Sounds great but i relocating from PA to Fl Reply with quote

I'll be a Florida resident Friday. Price sounds good but can't travel that far. Thanks for letting me know abour it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: