The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

07/16 - 07/18 - Blakely Island
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat, I believe so, though Norma's message didn't ask that we make reservations. But last year she requested we do so, and I'll bet you one cold Snoqualmie Falls Wildcat Ale that she'll make the same request this time.
I left her a message this morning that we expect 25 boats, and asked if she desires reservations. Island time, closed today. Give me a day to ascertain same. Norma's number, by the way, is (360)375-6121.
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, 25 boats might be light. We had 27 at various times last year, and we know new C-People have since climbed aboard the C-Pod Support Group. Maybe I'll tell Norma we expect 30 boats, and we can have a contest to guess to exact number. Winner receives a free Barber Chair.
B~C

City/Region: Bend
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more boats and bigger boats too
Sawdust

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: C-Salt
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les and/or Dusty plan to be there, as usual. Boat? Who knows? If Les gets it finished probably in Sea Salt -- 24 Skagit Orca (built by C-Dory). If the Orca not finished, probably a 22 CD... but ain't no way the old Duster wants to miss that one.

Dusty

Jon - CLou

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Lou
Photos: C-Lou and Pee Wee
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty, did I hear you right? A 24' Orca, WOW! I didn't think you could ever "up" the Tomcat, but this one just might. I'm sure inspector "Rachet" (Cynthia) will be all over that.
Jon
Sawdust

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: C-Salt
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Jon -

And you can bet Lady C. is welcome aboard - along with her bodyguard. There may be a delay, because I'm gonna ask Nursey R. to go talk to Charlie over on the bum coast and make him quit picking on his old shipmate!! He will straighten up and fly right!!! Laughing We gotta convince him and his lady to come out and visit this bunch of C bums. Got a bottle of single malt scotch that might help...

Figger I might as well go in style as I ski madly down the slope!!! The C-Dory built Orca looks like a GREAT fishing machine, Jon, and one of the first shakedown trips will be to PA. Les is up to his armpits in work, but I've convinced him that DaNag and SSSS are just a couple of red boats hanging around with no priority... yeah sure. With a pair of 150 Hondas it should be "gear up, flaps up - stand by for landing" from here to PA.

Dusty
Jon - CLou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm putting in my early reservation for a ride on that thing. Heck, one new 150 HP is alot, but two. Shocked I,m thinking this boat will come with an overhead "fasten your seatbelt" display. Smile
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty,
It's about time you "fess" up to your new Orca boat!.....DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA, HOW DIFFICULT ITS BEEN KEEPING QUIET ABOUT THAT???? Crook

You showed your new Orca to me some time ago and said...."now don't say anything".....so I've had to maintain a lot of silence. Very similar to the silence Les maintained when I first went to him about supersizing Sea Shift.

Yes it is a mighty fine looking vessel!!!......I want a ride too...can I?...please....!

C-Brat #16
Casey

City/Region: The Villages(FL)
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: "Dessert 1st"
Photos: Dessert 1st
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Blakely Again, eh? Reply with quote

...Oh, it's tempting!

For those of you who weren't able to make the '03 Blakely Gathering, I have to say: it was Perfect. Sandy and I had just taken delivery of "Naknek" and were on a ten day shakedown trip. We stopped-by Blakely on the spur of the moment, and positively fell in love with both the marina and those Gathered! (Blakely has got to be one of the neatest little marina's we've ever encountered. We Will Return!)

The final Perfect stroke was when Bill & El called to wish everybody "well." When Sandy asked how they were doing up in Alaska, Bill responded with: (crackle) (crackle:) "...it's raining in Ketchikan..." (crackle) (crackle) (those are cell phone noises...). They wished us well, etc., etc. Lo and behold, a few minutes later Halcyon was spotted inbound at the mouth of the Blakely Channel. I nearly dropped my binoculars! Moral of the Story: Beware of the Fiesty Fiero's. You may "think" they're a couple thousand miles away - but they might be coming up the channel (or up your driveway)!! Great People; I want to be a Fiero if I ever Grow Up... C-Dory should make them C-Dory Ambassador's* (New award: not attainable until you've got over 10,000 cruising miles under your C-Dory hull!)

Final thought: We hope to be somewhere in Southeast Alaska when the Blakely Gathering occurs, but we'll be there in spirit(s).

Tyboo: I'm good for a $25 share in the community keg - let me know where to send you a check.

Casey (Casebeer)
lorencasebeer@aol.com
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This I GOTTA see! A C-Dory-built 24 Skagit Orca with a pair of Honda 150s?? A C-Dory on STEROIDS! How much fuel does it carry? BTW - I wouldn't even JOKE with the Red Boat guys about this!!!!

Sawdust wrote:
Figger I might as well go in style as I ski madly down the slope!!! The C-Dory built Orca looks like a GREAT fishing machine, Jon, and one of the first shakedown trips will be to PA. Les is up to his armpits in work, but I've convinced him that DaNag and SSSS are just a couple of red boats hanging around with no priority... yeah sure. With a pair of 150 Hondas it should be "gear up, flaps up - stand by for landing" from here to PA.

Dusty

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Cynthia - CLou

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty:

You betcha I will have a little chat with Charlie on this boating adventure therapy! In my expert nurse opinion - the best course of treatment for you is a bent rod, a tight line, and a singing reel... Oh, and also a bunch of fish blood on the deck of that new Orca! O'course I have to be on the maiden fishing adventure and be a contributor to the ceremonious red wine sipping, smoked salmon munching, red blood christening of this fine new vessel... Otherwise, all bets are off and you are on your own with Charlie. Disgust

I'm ready for whenever you "fly" the new Sea Salt over to P.A. Heck, I might even take the day off if I have enough forewarning! This is one adventure that can't be missed!

Nurse Rachet Love Lips Love

DaveS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cynthia - CLou wrote:
Dusty:

In my expert nurse opinion - the best course of treatment for you is a bent rod

RUN DUSTY, RUN!!!!!......Don't forget Nurse C....aka Nurse Ratchett works for a UROLOGIST!!!!!! Crook Crook Crook Sad Sad Sad

Last edited by DaveS on Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cynthia - CLou

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Dave S -
Since you misconstrued the whole fishing concept... Rolling Eyes

I took the liberty of contacting EQ and told Les to push the SSSS to the back of the shop; he's gonna put a "Rush" on the new Sea Salt. I can't wait to go out in Dusty's new baby. Didn't think you'd mind much! The SSSS should be ready for delivery in November but for sure by Christmas Xmas Naughty ... Love C
DaveS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The temptation to comment was so overwhelming that I had to warn Dusty even at the risk of my space in the production line to plummet to rock bottom. Cry
Da Nag

C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ain't sayin' a word...and even if I did, it would be in support of the sweet, caring and lovely Cynthia.

(Ain't riskin' my rigging slot... Shocked )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16

Jump to: