New C-Dory Owner...Hoping to Meet Some of You
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarge

City/Region: Edmonds
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: Sea Badger
Photos: Gigi
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: New C-Dory Owner...Hoping to Meet Some of You Reply with quote

Hello,

I just purchased a blue 25 Cruiser and will be keeping her moored at the Port of Edmonds. Should be picking her up by the first of April. Right now she is having all her electronics installed.

I'm new to the world of C-Dorys. Been a fan for years, but finally made the decision to buy one. Had an open bow boat in the past so I'd like to meet some of you experienced C-Dory owners to see if I'm treating mine correctly.

My family (two little boys and my wife) are all very excited about the new boat. We'd love to tag along on some adventure in the future to learn all we can about the boat and Puget Sound. I'm smart enough to know that I have a lot to learn! Smile

I've really enjoyed the discussions about insurance, fuel for the Wallas stove, type of radar/GPS/chartpotter, anchors, etc. This site is a great resource and I hope in the future I too can add some content worth reading.

I hope I didn't violate any rules by introducing myself here. If so, I apologize and ask that you teach me how to do things right.

Thanks,

Carl
aka: Sarge

2001 2150 Bayliner, sold
2007 CD25, sold
2007 Harbercraft Kingfisher 2850, sold
2011 Stabicraft 2250SC, sold
2011 Eastern 18cc

Blog: http://theseabadger.wordpress.com
Dan McNally

City/Region: Bothell
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Shannon- Colleen
Photos: Shannon-Colleen
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarge and crew welcome aboard. I live in the local area and own a 22 footer so maybe we will have a chance to meet and enjoy some time on the water.
Dan.
teflonmom

City/Region: Red Lion
State or Province: PA
Vessel Name: Snickers AUG 08
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: New to C-Dory Reply with quote

Welcome to the pack! I know you and your crew will have lots of fun. My sons grew up with boats and around the water and they all loved it.

You have a really nice boat that will serve you well. You are already doing one important thing, learning from this site. I have only one suggestion if you have not already done so, take a USPS or Coast Guard Aux boating class.

Welcome again I just wish I could be a mouse aboard to watch your kids enjoy their first trip on the new boat.

Fred, Pat, and Mr. Grey(the cat)

colobear

City/Region: Denver
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
Photos: C-Cakes
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Glad to have another C-Dory/C-Brat in the area. You certainly did nothing wrong by introducing yourself and I'm sorry if you got any impression that a simple introduction could be an issue. This is a wonderful site and group of people who have a wealth of knowledge and are happy to get together to share the C-Dory experience. The site administrators work hard to keep the site spam free so sometimes there are barbs that show up when any of us suspect a spammer has found his way in.

I really encourage you and your family to come to the Poulsbo get together next weekend even if your boat is not ready. You will be welcomed with open arms and it is a great way to meet people and make connections for cruising this summer. Check the Poulsbo thread for details.

El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl --
Welcome Aboard!! -- Your boys might enjoy reading a boy's tale of a cruise last summer on a C-Dory:

http://www.geocities.com/bill_fiero/four

Jeff Brigner

State or Province: TN
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Pearl
Photos: C-Pearl
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: new owner Reply with quote

Hey Sarge,
Welcome to the crowd of 25 owners. I doubt giving our locations we will cruise together some time soon. I'm anxious to see pictures of your boat and how you powered it. These are cool boats! Welcome to the c-brat family.
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to C-Dory world Sarge. You and the family will love cruising the San Juans and south sound on your 25. If you want to meet some owners on the water I would suggest you call Kathy at the Lopez Islander on Lopez and see if there is still dock space on opening boating week-end. Go up to the top of this home page and click Event sign-ups and then Lopez Opening Day. The moorage is free on Fri and Sat and is a great way to start your new boat out on the new season. The get to-gethers are very informal, just a bunch of C-brats eating (we usually have a potluck on Sat evening on the dock) and looking/talking/breathing boats. Kids are always welcome and encouraged. There is a restaraunt there if you want to have a meal out. Town is just a short mile walk away if you want to do some exploring. And we usually head out for a little cruise on Sat. The number to call is in the thread somewhere.

Hope to see you there.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Aboard, Sarge!

Just give the order, and we'll jump to with all kinds of kooky advice and mis-information!!!

Joe.

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
patrick and linda

City/Region: somerset
State or Province: KY
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Fan-A-Sea"
Photos: Misty Seas
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey sarge,
congratulations on your new purchase!
i take it, you're an ex-military man, that being the case, thank you for your service to this great country. hope your experience was a good one.
you didn't mention how your new boat will be outfitted, single or twin engines, etc.
post anytime, questions or suggestions, makes no difference.
best regards
pat
semper fi
Sarge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome.

First, "Sarge" refers to my law enforcement career. Retired City of Berkeley, California sergeant. I'm not military Capt. Campbell, but I understand and share your sentiments toward our armed services personnel.

The boat has a single 150 Mercury Verado engine. Sounds like that is a rare engine choice on this board, but having bought the boat through Lake Union Searay it was the engine already setup on the boat. I'm sure others will be curious to see how it behaves and I'll try to keep you all informed.

Electronics: RayMarine everything. E-120 with radar, sonar, gps with connection to the VHF radio. Also I added an autopilot.

The stereo is a Pioneer DEHP-P780MP with Serius and amplifier, 2 speakers built into the shelf and two exterior speakers built into the hull access doors (no cutting of fiberglass). The system also has its own battery. Additionally, since my kids are 2 and 5 years old, I'm having an Alpine PKG-RSE2 DVD Rear Seat Entertainment Package installed, which will attach to the shelf and drop down with a 10" screen.

The boat came with the Wallas heater, curtins and windlass.

I'll check the coming events and see what we can attend.

Again, thank you all for the warm welcome and I look forward to meeting many of you.

-Carl
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Sarge, and congrats to you and your family!

You don't have to have your boat to attend one of our CBGTs. If you are able, bring the family down to the Poulsbo dock next weekend and meet some of the locals and a few of the aliens.

Last edited by TyBoo on Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
patrick and linda

City/Region: somerset
State or Province: KY
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Fan-A-Sea"
Photos: Misty Seas
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi sarge,
law enforcement works just as well for me.
my nephew is a sargent with the hamilton county, ohio, sheriff's department. i have a great deal of respect for what he does and therefore, what you do as well.

best regards
pat
seahooked

City/Region: Redmond
Photos: SeaHooked
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarge,
Welcome to the group. I too have a blue CD25 that I keep at Edmonds. Though mine is in dry storage instead of moored. Love the marina. What dock are you assigned? We try to get out one a week or so (usually Friday or Saturday), and will keep an eye out for you.

Great time of year to get your boat!

2006 CD-25 Cruiser "SeaHooked" 2006-2012
Sarge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahooked,

My slip number? Good question, I'm next on the waiting list and hope to hear something around the 22nd. If nothing opens by then, I'll be sub-leasing.

Also, I talked to the moorage coordinator for hours (very, very nice lady) and since our C-Dorys have such shallow drafts, she said she would do her best to allow me to stay in one of the "undesirable/shallow" slips until my slip became available. I'm hoping I don't have to go that route.

Kind of living on the edge. The dry stoorage isn't accepting any more C-Dorys and since I don't have a vehicle big enough to pull the boat I opted to not buy the trailer.

My fingers, toes and eyes are all crossed hoping that I get lucky on the 22nd. Confused

I'll keep an eye out for you also. It would be fun to meet and learn some tips from you.

When my boat arrives, there will be 3 blue CD25s in the Edmonds marina! There is a twin engine one on B dock.

Thanks,

-Carl
johnf

City/Region: Tigard, OR
State or Province: OR
Photos: Boat Name TBD II (johnf)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarge,

Welcome!!!

You will find a great group of folks here. I'm sure we'll get a chance to meet soon. We'll look forward to seeing your boat with the Verado...love those engines.

Hope you have tons of fun and please do come to one of the upcoming gatherings. You will not be disappointed.

John CoolSmile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: