The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

08/22 - 08/28 - Rideau Canal Cruise
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ffheap

City/Region: Hingham
State or Province: MA
C-Dory Year: 1983
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Inn-The-Water
Photos: Inn-The-Water
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Dun, Thank you Dave, Thank you Rick, and all the rest of you,

The pictures are great. It is a very interesting place to go. I will have to do it sometime.

Maybe we should think of a springtime cruise inside the state of Rhode Island for next spring. Close to where it all started. Just an idea.
I shall start to scout it out. I will bring my boat.

Fred

Wayne McCown

City/Region: Rochester
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Little Mac
Photos: Little Mac
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends:

Like Fred, I have been enjoying your cruise vicariously. Thanks for your individual posts, Rick's review, and the album of photos. The Rideau is on my "must do" list.

Darlene and I will be retiring in June 2008. So hopefully, next year...

To date, we have logged 500+ miles on L. Ontario this summer. We spent one full day on the Erie Canal, locking through the double locks in Lockport and cruising out to the Niagara R. (and return).

We have a new CD-22 in western NY. A couple met me at the Golden Hill SP one morning (as I was putting my boat on the trailer at the launch), and we struck up a conversation. A few days later, I took him (John) out for a couple of hours (in front of his home on L. Ontario). A month later, following several e-mail exchanges between us, he wrote to inform me he had purchased a brand new CD-22 from a dealer in MI! I'll pass along more info and get them on this site later this fall.

Cordially, Wayne
Rick from Maine

City/Region: No. Berwick
State or Province: ME
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Hunky Dory
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Lock Leap Frog Reply with quote

Lock Leap-Frog the C-Dory Game

Gee, I'm surprised we haven't heard from Dave or Dayna about the game they invented - Lock Leap-Frog.

When you try to put 6 C-Dorys into a lock that already has some boats, you have to raft. On the Rideau Canal most locks come in multiples. So, you move from 1 lock directly into another, up to 3-4 times on the central part of the canal.

On the Rideau when boats are rafted the Lockmaster directs the order of exiting the first lock and entering the next lock. Invariably, the C-Dory that is rafted (the Rafter) in the first lock goes to the wall in the next lock, and the boat that was rafted to (the Raftee) rafts to that C-Dory. Hence, Leap Frog.

Well with 4 locks, Lock Leap Frog can get interesting, except as Dayna pointed out, the Rafter is useless once rafted, as the Raftee does all the work of fending off the Lock Wall. So, we C-Dorys added a new wrinkle to this game.

On the Rideau, when exiting locks, it is frowned upon to start your engine before the Lock Doors open. So to spice up this Lock Leap-Frog, we added a scoring system. If you can start your engine before the doors open without the Lockmaster yelling at you, you score 5 Pts. If you get yelled at, that is a Disqualification. You have to re-start from the bottom of the locks.

I lost score, but I think Widget gets high point honors for this cruise; Dave always snuck in an early engine start.

Rick from Maine
Almas Only

City/Region: Richmond
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Alma's Only
Photos: Alma's Only
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Rideau Adventure - so very special between "Lock Leap Frog" to "Bed and Breakfast Bingo". Most memorable, though, is all of us doing all of this, and wanting to do it again! David and Dayna p.s. we posted a pix of Rick's "dip", and then the mighty warriors return to their very patient first mates in Ottawa.
Almas Only

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dun: I'd recognize your face anywhere!

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Rideau-Canal-2007&id=00049_G&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

david
Rick from Maine

City/Region: No. Berwick
State or Province: ME
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Hunky Dory
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Add a Chandelier to your C-Dory Reply with quote

I posted a photo of Hunky Dory's new Chandelier in the Rideau Canal Cruise album. This was the chandelier that Carol picked up in Westport since Dave got us there 10 minutes before the shops closed! Now when you C-Brats eat on Hunky Dory, Jackets & Ties will be mandatory (though underwear will still be optional).

Rick from Maine
Almas Only

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When will grand piano be delivered for the V-berth? David and Dayna
ffheap

City/Region: Hingham
State or Province: MA
C-Dory Year: 1983
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Inn-The-Water
Photos: Inn-The-Water
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick,

You have got to be kidding???

Fred
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: