The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

04/27 - 04/29 - Upper Cumberland River Cruise
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: 04/27 - 04/29 - Upper Cumberland River Cruise
From Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:00 am to Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:59 am (included)

Let's Get This Party Started!!!!

OK, several email/PMs/calls have came in... Now....let's start with this:

FOCUSED WEEKEND CRUISE DATES: 27-29 APR 07
LAUNCH RAMP: LONE BRANCH, MT. JULIET, TN
WATERS: Upper Cumberland River waters, begining on Old Hickory Lake in the middle TN area.

As before, basic plan will be those who can, come on down and we can splash the boats on Thursday, 26APR07, and we can help others launch their boats on Friday, 27Apr07. Those who need to depart the area we will arrange for retrieval of boats at the same lanch ramp on Sunday, 29Apr07....or...some type of tow vehicle shuffle...if once those who sign up need this...

As before, several boats continued to cruise the Cumberland River waters after the focus gathering weekend, and continued down river to the forks of the Cumberland/TN/OH rivers.... a lot of endless long range cruising possibilities from this area.

On edit by Da Nag

Added to calendar
Signup sheet HERE

C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 sold again.. May 2020
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hu #14 - Bought her again - May16
Aloysius, Sold to Brother Mike Mar16
Aloysius, Hull # 440 RF-246
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 Sold May09
TC24, Hull #51, Sold Feb06
CD16A, Sold Dec03
Never Deny Yourself The Pleasure of Helping Others.
Byrdman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill/Mike: Can I get a sign-up sheet started for this under the event signups please.

Thanks!

Byrdman
Byrdman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sign up sheet is ready... Just go under the Event Signups link at the center top of the page...and follow the bouncing ball.

Really looking forward to this.

Byrdman
Mike

City/Region: mount juliet
State or Province: TN
C-Dory Year: 1990
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: GYPSY
Photos: GYPSY
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: cumberland river cruise Reply with quote

Ok byrdman!
i am signed on and gene at bledsoe needs a three day notice for any special stuff to serve, OR he can make us up a group meal of our choice OR we can order from the menu.
B and i took GYPSY out for dinner there saturday night and we enjoyed a lobster tail, 8 oz. filetes, salad and baked potato. ya'll would be in good hands either of the three ways but gene really likes to spoil people. his place ain't too fancy, but the food and service is great Very Happy
if ya'll want somethin' special, just let me know what it is Very Happy let's go cruisin Cool Very Happy Beer Cigar Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
c u later
mike

Rob & Karen

City/Region: Franklin
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Life of Riley
Photos: Life of Riley
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Details..... Reply with quote

Hello,

Who could I talk with (maybe on the phone) to get details. This will be our first cruise on our new boat and we have many questions. What time on Friday will we depart? About what time on Sunday will we return? How far up the Cumberland river will we go? Will we stay in marinas at night? Which ones? Will we eat in restaurants for dinner? Any other meals? Our six (nearly seven) year old daughter will be with us. Do any other children usually go?

I could go on with questions, which is why I was thinking a phone call might be better. Let me know. Thanks.

Rob
Mike

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: cumberland cruise Reply with quote

hi rob!
call me at 218-9428, that is my cell.
c u later
mike
Byrdman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike is much much more familar with the river than I am. In an earlier discussion, he recommended the below...and it has a lot of flexibility, and hop off- turn about points for folks who's schedules are a bit differant than others.

Fact: One of our folks signed up has a new C-Dory, and it will be that families 1st gathering. That is great... we as a group can get them thru the 1st gathering, the 1st lock thru, and for sure have a great time adding the security of other C-Brats about the area.

SO... here we go.... and this is of course just a start...

Those of us who can enjoy Thursday afternoon on the waters, may enjoy a quick run down to the Nashville City Docks, and a night in historical downtown Nashville with many places an easy walk to from the docks.. then back up river, back thru Old Hickory Dam, and back to Lone Branch for the Friday afternoon/early evening splashes or folks getting off of work.
Friday, up river a short ways to Bledsoe for great dinner, showers for those who need them. Sat morning...about 65 miles up river, locking thru and staying in the area about 3 miles up river from the dam in the Defeated Creek Area. Sunday...those that need to pull out, can travel back thru Cordell Hull Lock/Dam, and make Lone Branch around 2pm. That is figuring about 18 knots for about 5 hours of travel...and a bit of time waiting for the lock, breakfast...and stuff. Those who can, continue on up river a bit... and...the schedules of the attendees drive it from there.

So, if you would, please send me an email stating two very important things to me...

1- When can you be at Lone Branch in Mt. Juliet TN to launch.
2- When do you and your crew need to be back at Lone Branch to retrieve your vessel, and head back home.

Thanks...and looking forward to this for sure.

Byrdman

-------------------------------------------------
suggested email from Mike.. and I like it!!

leave lone branch friday evening about 6 p.m. and go to bledsoe creek marina. showers (last one for a while) steaks, or special stuff, fun.
breakfast at bledsoe, lock through cordell hull saturday afternoon (65 miles from bledsoe to dam) about 4 p.m., a 10 m.p.h. average for 7 hours easily done.
pull into defeated creek marina for supper meal, fuel, and stay at the dock or anchor out, or...keep going up river.
sunday... those who must, beat feet back to lone branch, or if the time starts to run out, do whatever they have to do.
i will take monday and tuesday off and would like to go up to celina, mm381, 70 miles further upstream from the dam.
1) lone branch to bledsoe 20 miles
2) bledsoe to cordell hull dam 65 miles
3) cordell hull dam to defeated 3 miles
4) defeated to granville marina 17 miles
5) granville to salt lick 6 miles
6) salt lick to wartrace 7 miles
7) wartrace to celina 37 miles
just a little idea of what we are lookin at.
c u later
mike
Jeff Brigner

C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Pearl
Photos: C-Pearl
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: cruisin Reply with quote

Cathy & I are signed up and can't wait ! The extended plans sound good. I guess that means were back Tuesday night.
Mike

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: cumberland cruise Reply with quote

hey jeff!
yeah, tuesday evening would be return time (unfortunately). just got off the phone with rod from franklin and with the sound of things they will need to be back at lone branch sunday afternoon, preferably around 4 p.m. max.
anyone on the trip that has a matching agenda please post it! Very Happy
jeff i don't have any stiiiickers so you will have to bring your own Laughing
glad ya'll are comin up Very Happy Cool as it will be great seein' and boatin' with ya again Cool . can't wait! this is like Christmas!!!
c u later
mike
416rigby

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: Foggy Dew
Photos: Foggy Dew
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately we are going to have to leave earlier too.
Hopefully if all the planets align this is what we are going to have to do.
Plan on dropping off boat to have canvas done April 6th weekend in Old Hickory.(we will know for sure in a couple of day)
Will drive down on Thursday evening of the gathering and be ready to pick up boat on Friday morning.
We will launch boat with everyone else on Friday sometime.
We will travel with everyone Friday and half of Saturday. At this point we will have to turn around as we need to get out of the water no later than 11:00 am on Sunday as we have to work Monday and have a five hour drive home. Although we will be spending the night Saturday night anchored up by ourselves somewhere we are really looking forward to hanging out Friday and some of Satuday with everyone.
Rick and Donna

At last...home for good in the Great Northwest!

2001 22 Cruiser "Foggy Dew" 2006-2013
Byrdman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 boats signed up already. This is sounding fun... Going to spend a couple days on the river... and will check back in on Monday"ish"

Byrdman
patrick and linda

City/Region: somerset
State or Province: KY
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Fan-A-Sea"
Photos: Misty Seas
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'M ASSUMING THE TOW VEHICLES AND TRAILERS WILL BE PARKED AT THE LONE BRANCH LAUNCH RAMP. IF THIS IS NOT CORRECT, THEN WHERE WOULD TOW AND TRAILERS BE KEPT?
THANKS
PAT
Mike

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: tow vehicles Reply with quote

hello captain pat!
your assumption is correct. the vehicles and trailers will be fine at lone branch as there is an attendant residing there. we are still getting details in order and will post them here as they develop. byrdman is here in the vecinity on the lake and we will cross paths (wakes Cool ) sometime today and get some more planning done for the cruise Very Happy .
c u later
mike
Mike

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a link to the corps chart of the cumberland river. scroll down to "cumberland river" and click on it. we will be in the area of mm 233- 235 left bank decending. this may help Cool Laughing

http://www.lrn.usace.army.mil/lakeinfo/NavCharts/NavBuy.html
Jeff Brigner

C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Pearl
Photos: C-Pearl
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OBOY !!!! Clock Getting closer. Very Happy Mike, I thought you had some canvas work done. Are you going to show it off with a pic or two here soon ? or did you just pull Gypsy for service ? 400 hours in a year ? Shocked I'll bring the caramel baileys for the coffee. and goose feathers for sun downers. CoolSmile Now, if we could just get Dave or Pat to send us some of that good brew!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: