The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

New CBGT Location

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldgrowth

City/Region: Rochester
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Voyager
Photos: C-Voyager
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: New CBGT Location Reply with quote

I have thought about this for awhile and would like to know if there are any C-Brats that would like to attend a gathering in The Dalles Oregon/Dallesport Washington on the Columbia River.

The Dalles is about 69 miles East of Portland or 79 miles by I-84 on the Mighty Columbia River.

From The Dalles you can go up river 25 miles to the John Day Dam. On the way there is the Railroad town of Wishram that time and most roads have pass by on the banks of the Columbia. Farther up river there are the Maryhill Museum/state park and full size replica of Stonehenge, all within walking distance of the boat launch. As you continue up river you can turn and go many miles up the Deschutes River with breath taking scenery.

Down river about 45 miles to the Cascade Locks you will pass by the towns of Lyle, Hood River, Bingen/White Salmon, Stevenson and Cascade Locks all with their unique restaurants and shops.

For those that would be interested, I would take you on a private tour of the wild animal ranch just south of The Dalles. For more information on this farm go to my site then The Farms and click on the Dalles Mountain Ranch. You will even see a picture of me in there feeding the giraffes.

If this sounds like something some of you would like to do sometime this year or next year, let me know.

________
Dave
Doryman

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Lori Ann
Photos: Lori Ann
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My calendar this year is already full, what with family/friends visiting, various Brat-fests and Anacortes Yacht Club cruises scheduled. I would definitely be interested for next year, though. Sounds like lots of fun and would give me a chance to get on the Columbia, which I have never done.

Warren

TomCat 255, Hull #55, 150 Yamahas
Anacortes, WA
Knotty C

City/Region: Vancouver, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Knotty C
Photos: Knotty C
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don and I would be interested, depending on when it is. We're planning a five-week trip to Alaska this summer and are planning on taking in a couple other gatherings. We've been up the river as far as the Dalles in our other boat, but have never taken the trip up in our C-Dory. We'll keep an eye on your plans.

Dee
B~C

City/Region: Bend
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a fun run, you would have to include a run up the John Day to the boat in campground. Our boat is going to be static all summer, won't have any time for fun Sad
lloyds

City/Region: sublimity
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: undecided
Photos: 1996 22 Cruiser (Lloyds)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are definitely in. We were thinking about trying to get to the Poulsbo gathering, spend a couple more days up there then come back and spend some time in that piece of the columbia. I love it up there. If you can get some participation we will definitely show up. It is really nice up there, especially in the good weather.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: