Sunbeam

City/Region: Out 'n' About
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Sunbeam
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry K wrote:
I can't bring up the pictures of the inside handrails...Can someone point me to some pictures? Thanks

I have some photos I've saved that were originally in various C-brats' albums (but not sure which/whose anymore). They show a couple of variations - I'll put them in my album and then this thread in a few minutes.

Okay, here we go. First are two variations for the longer, port-side handrail. One has a center leg and the other doesn't. From what I understand it's not necessary for normal use.

Here is a starboard-side rail. The reason it doesn't go full length is because of potential head-knocking when accessing/using the helm seat.

One note is that un-modified older 22's (not sure exact years or if other models applicable but my 2002 falls into this category) have a deeper shelf (fore/aft) over the forward end of the cabin. Hence the fastener that would do double duty for holding the forward end of the handrail includes the shelf. This means the "tab" on the forward end of the port-side handrail would need to be longer than on "shallow shelf" boats in order to clear the shelf. Just something to check on.

Sunbeam
Golerud

City/Region: Bella Vista
State or Province: AR
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: SLOGO
Photos: SLOGO
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Railings Reply with quote

Try Pooderbuilt Mfg in Bellingham. Contact is DwayneMackey. www.pooderbuilt.com I purchased a kicker motor mount for my CC23 and was very pleased with it. I understand he also does stainless and aluminum railings as well as a bunch of other marine fabrication.
Sea Angel

City/Region: Virginia Beach, VA
State or Province: VA
Photos: Sea Angel
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two types of hand rails that I purchased thru the old C-Dory factory, I think it was a Canadian firm, are pictured within my album here:

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album537&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

The overhead hand holds are fitted with a drilled flange welded to the ends that align with the cabin tops rail's mounting bolts. Easy but tight on the fitting due to the bolt's length.

The shorter handles are unique in the there is a SS nut welded inside the ends so that all you do is screw the handle through the fiberglass without anyy protrusions into the space. It is a nice clean and safe setup. I could not and have not found any like these since I added the last 4 - 10" handles.

The last handle I added was in front of the Mate's seat. It was from WM and it had threaded bolts welded at the ends that protrudes into the berthing area. They had to be capped.

If I can confirm where I got the other handles, I will try to send it along; if wanted.

Art

CBRAT #208
2005 CD25 #075 SEA ANGEL (SOLD)
USCGAUX (RET), USN(RET)
Broadcast TV ENG(RET)
ka1rx@verizon.net
Grazer

City/Region: Yukon
State or Province: YT
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Horse
Photos: Grazer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sea Angel,
It would be great if you could provide the name of the Canadian company that those interior rails came from. For us Canucks, this would be very useful (in terms of shipping and duty).
Cheers,
Grazer
Matt Gurnsey
Dealer

City/Region: Port Orchard
State or Province: WA
Photos: Kitsap Marina
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Railmakers in Everett provided some rails for C-Dory and would be a good place to start.
360-895-2193
(888) 293-7991
Sea Angel

City/Region: Virginia Beach, VA
State or Province: VA
Photos: Sea Angel
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt was correct as to the rail source:

"THE RAILMAKERS NORTHWEST"
2944 Cedar St.
Everett, WA 98201

Tele: (425) 259-9236

I took the above information from my order of the Interior Grab Rails
which I bought in Feb 2006 for $165.00 total.

The source of the four(4) 10" hand grab rails was:

C-DORY MARINE, INC.
25 37th St. N.E.
Auburn, WA 98002

I paid $20.00 each for the 10" Grab Handles, $88.00 total.

If I recall correctly, these 10" rails did come from a Canadian supplier, but sent from the factory stock. They are worth every penny that I paid.

Hope this clarifies my sources and cost. Now whether there is any sourcing from the new owners is a different question for which I do not have the answer. Good luck on your search.

Art
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cabin, Interior All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: