The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/04 - 05/05 - Lopez Opening Day 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutty Sark

City/Region: Kenmore, Sammamish Slough
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Cutty Sark
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were planning on leaving from twin bridges around 2:30 or 3:00, hopefully the forecast gets a litter nicer or at least no worse. Looking forward to trying to find a couple lings this weekend. hopefully we get some more of that sunshine that has been poking through.

Sark
sportner

City/Region: Buckeye
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Model: 26 Osprey
Vessel Name: Glory Days
Photos: Traveler
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello from the Lopez gathering, we haven't taken a head count as yet but figure at least twenty boats have arrived with more expected today. It was a little lumpy yesterday afternoon but no problems. David on Anna Leigh brought a keg of spirits and everyone is enjoying visits with new and old friends. Lots of C-Dory's and one C-Ranger to look at and get ideas for improvements or modifications. Toni and I are trying out a Sprint air card and it seems to be working fine in this area, we will be spending the next week in the San Juans so we will be able to give it a good test. More later....
Socrateur

City/Region: Danville
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Skipper
Photos: Sea Skipper
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report... keep 'em coming! Sure wish I were up there now.

Below is a current view (edit: refreshes automatically, I discovered later) at the Islander Marine Center just N of where the C-Brats are moored.

Last edited by Socrateur on Sat May 05, 2007 2:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
timflan

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Two Lucky Fish +1
Photos: Two Lucky Fish
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're here! Rafted up to Island Ranger...it's sort of a reunion. Porsche and Charlie seem pretty familiar with Two Lucky Fish, somehow...Smile

Gigi and Two Lucky Fish got lots of help moving inside from the exposed southern location we were originally assigned, and THANK GOODNESS for that! It would not have been much fun out there. Thanks for all the help! Oh, and thanks for the beer. Much appreciated!

I also understand that somebody fell into the water yesterday, but I don't have the details. I'm sure somebody will fill us all in! Smile

By the way, a note on yesterday's passage. Gigi and Two Lucky Fish left Emonds right around 8 am, and had a good run up Saratoga Passage to Cornet Bay, where we met four other C-Brats. Trouble is, I can't remember all the other boats: Kingfisher, Anna Leigh, and...um...now I'm surrounded by C-Dorys with familiar names, and I can't seem to get it straight who all was there! Help me out for my log entry?

[Ah-ha! I've been straightened out: The other two were C-Cakes and Knotty-C.]

All six of us went through Deception Pass around 11:00, a little C-Dory parade. Heading for Cattle Pass, we had nice smooth going for some time. But as we got closer to the Lopez shore we could see lots of whitecaps out in the Straight of Juan de Fuca, and we were starting to bounce around on incoming rollers. A quick radio conference and we turned north for Lopez Pass.

GOOD CALL...it was just a wonderful smooth passage from that point onward. Lopez Sound, threading the needles between Spencer Spit and Frost Island, Mount Constitution's top obscured by low clouds... All very evocative for me. I grew up cruising the San Juans, but I haven't been back (aboard my own boat, anyway) for a long long time. Really splendid, for me personally.

Last edited by timflan on Sun May 06, 2007 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of 11am we have about 18 boats here. Several are out shrimping right now and a couple are out fishing. It was a little windy last night but has subsided mostly now in the 5-10 kt from the SW. It was nice to get on a Ranger actually in the water. May see if we can talk Mac into a little cruise on Island Ranger later.

There is still a lot of room at the marina, hopefully the windy conditions yesterday didn't stop many from coming.

I am using the Lopez Islanders wireless. Ruth says hi.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hi" back atcha all from beautiful Seadrift in Stinson Beach, CA - we are in a house on Bolinas lagoon, very cool - complete with an internet connection. Barrett and Laurie's wedding yesterday was fabulous, the setting at Slide Ranch on a bluff high above the Pacific was breathtaking and the weather couldn't have been better - sunny, high 70s. Sounds like the conditions are a little less than ideal at Lopez. See everyone in Bellingham!

Anna Leigh wrote:

I am using the Lopez Islanders wireless. Ruth says hi.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Lopez Weekend Reply with quote

Back in Bellingham after a fantastic weekend with the C-Brats who attended the Lopez CBGT. Had a wonderful time visiting with everyone.

Many thanks to Mac & Linda (ISLAND RANGER) for setting up this CBGT. Also, thanks to Peter & Caryn (C-DANCER) for doing a splendid job on ALL those name tags.

Always amazed at all the food that shows up for the pot luck. There's a lot of good cooks in our C-Brat clan.

The weather had its ups and downs but we were warm and dry on R-MATEY. The plus side of being a 19CD is that we didn't have to share a slip with one of those huge yachts that were at Lopez this weekend. We had our own half slip as did Tom & Shan who were there with their new 19CD, DAKOTA. A few stories to be told about watching these yachts being docked when there's some really nasty winds and waves out there. So happy we have a C-Dory!

Looking forward to the next C-Dory adventure.

Ruth and Joe
R-MATEY
Sarge

City/Region: Edmonds
Vessel Name: Sea Badger
Photos: Gigi
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: We're Back! Reply with quote

Two Lucky Fish and Gigi (my boat) made it back to Edmonds around 12:30.

What a wonderful trip!!!! I'd like to thank everyone involved for making my son, Dominic, and I feel welcome and part of something good. The boats are great, but the comraderie is even better.

Round trip from Edmonds to San Juan Island and back used only 60 gallons of gas with the Mercury Verado 150. Expensive when you're paying $3.50 a gallon, but nothing compared to boats that burn that in an hour! If I didn't already own a C-Dory I'd be sold on buying one. Smile

Plus, the autopilot with remote and the head with windows paid for themselves on this trip.... Wink

Again, thanks for organizing the get together, for the fantastic food and most of all for making my son and I feel like we belonged.

-Sarge/Carl
tom&shan

Photos: Dakota
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Tom&ShanREPORT Reply with quote

Cheers to everyone who made it, we only got around to meeting just a few of you, everything went so fast.

The C-Dory's lined up, the prime space was of course reserved for the 19's.

Lots and lots of good food - oyster anyone?

Anyways - thanks to all - it was a great time - some more photos in our album. We even stopped on the way home to fish.

Cheers,

Tom
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great gathering at Lopez this year! Even though the weather was kinda cool, kinda windy (on Friday), and kinda wet, the event was terrific. The food at the potluck was fantastic, thanks to all the great chefs. It was great to see all of our "old" C-Brat friends and fun to meet all the "new" brats as well.

A special thanks to Mac and Linda (Island Ranger) for setting up this year's shindig. Thank you David (Anna Leigh) for the great beer. Thanks to Tom (Susan E) and Roger (SeaDNA), my fishing mentors, for helping Caryn and I with our first shrimping expedition. Maybe next time we'll even get some. Smile

We can't wait for Bellingham!

Email: pjamero@gmail.com
Socrateur

City/Region: Danville
State or Province: CA
Vessel Name: Sea Skipper
Photos: Sea Skipper
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos, Tom. That 'passing the oyster' shot with C-Dorys in the background merits front page display on the forum. I am still new to Lopez as a property owner there for just over a year, but I can say this: you C-Brats personify the hardy spirit of Lopez in fine fashion. There is no tropical tip climate in the San Juans but that doesn't dampen the fun factor one iota. I tip my hat to you.
Cutty Sark

City/Region: Kenmore, Sammamish Slough
C-Dory Year: 1989
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Cutty Sark
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we didn't make it over to Lopez but we were in the area. We stayed at Friday Harbor friday and saturday and spent some time just out exploring and fishing. It was our first time kind of out on our own in the SJ's. We did see some Cdory's though, one fishing, a couple just running, and we saw C-dancer at the Customs dock in Friday harboralthough no one was aboard. Overall the weather was pretty nice, and we sure had a great time playing around out there. [img]http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album213&id=J_s_Camera_052&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php[/img]

Sark

on edit- how do I put a pic in a post, for the life of me I can not get it to work? help.

Last edited by Cutty Sark on Mon May 07, 2007 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Island Ranger

City/Region: Whidbey Island
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Island Ranger
Photos: Two Lucky Fish and Island Ranger
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great weekend - a real pleasure to catch up with the C-Brats! Thanks to Peter and Caryn for the name tags - really helped remember everyone's name instead of just their boat names. And to David for the brew - I had hoped to grab a little for the run home on Sunday, but the keg was gone! And to everyone for the gourmet pot luck. What a spread. I'll try to download some pictures later. Thanks for being such a great group!

We have an easy run home yesterday, running at 10-12 kts in the rain with occasional wide open throttle 14-15 kts. The boat ran beautifully. We played a little in Deception Pass - watched some fisherman catching ling cod right under the bridge, then watched with amazement when a tug towed a huge log raft through - sure cleaned out the fisherman.

We do need to give C-Cakes an award - he tried very hard to tow a picnic table home yesterday, but had to give up 'cause he was only moving at 0.5 kts and woulda run outta fuel. I of course was ready to tow him home if needed...

Great weekend

Mac & Linda
Island Ranger

City/Region: Whidbey Island
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Island Ranger
Photos: Two Lucky Fish and Island Ranger
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't figure out how to create an events picture album, so I stuck the few pics I took in my Island Ranger Album. If someone knows how to create an Events album, go ahead and move 'em over

Forgot to send thanks for the Cake! Must have been Ruth & Joe from R-Matey!

Mac & Linda
Rock-C

City/Region: Salem
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1988
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Rock-C
Photos: Rock-C
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timflan wrote:
I also understand that somebody fell into the water yesterday, but I don't have the details. I'm sure somebody will fill us all in! Smile

Thank you Tim for sharing with the whole World Wide Web.
OK' I'll fess up. It was me that went into the water Embarrased But I didn't fall, I jumped Wink . Thanks to Dan of Meander and I don't remember who the other person that helped pull me out. Those two jerked me out of the water so fast, only the bottom of my shoes got wet Laughing
On anouther note: We had a great time visiting with old friends and meeting new ones.
We are looking forward to Bellingham
Terry
aka: Flipper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: