The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

04/14 - 04/15 - Cathlamet, WA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about Toni's ailments. Does that Doc know the difference between boats and snowmobiles? Maybe he's just being overly cautious thinking she's liable to hurt herself again. Really sorry to be missing you guys, but here will be lots of others chances.

As for us, we have sort of an emergency too. It looks like we'll be motoring up the creek Saturday morning. I mean, my goodness, we can't expect the girls to miss the big grade school dance on Friday night.

Between the rumored Stonewolf wine and B~C's mad cow, this is shaping up to be a good one.

TyBoo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have got a little carried away on the SB shortcake. After the berries were cleaned and sliced, I weighed them in the two plastic tubs. 21.6 pounds. That includes the sugar, and I may have put in too much of that - so someone will need to keep an eye on B~C if he's bouncing around the docks. Four three packs of Costco sized cans of whip cream and six dozen cake cup deals. I guess I better go back to Costco and get some bigger bowls and spoons. Hey - I don't know this cooking stuff, but the kids sure like what I fix.

The wind is blowing pretty good down here right now, so we wouldn't have been motoring up the river tonight even if not for the school dance. I told the kids (got four grandkids going) that we are leaving the dock at 6:00 tomorrow morning, so that means we'll be getting to the boat about 7:00am. That's usually how it works. We should be there about 9:00 Saturday morning.
CatyMae n Steve

City/Region: Jefferson, OR
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: CatyMae
Photos: CatyMae
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a GREAT time! We reuned with some brats we'd met before and met some new...great company, great conversation, great food -- and Steve even caught one of those elusive springers!

Thanks Paige and Dan for flying in -- what a surprise!

Thanks Ken and Marge for organizing the gathering -- you did a great job -- thanks Mike for that scrumptious desert, Wineman for the spirits...we put quite a dent in 21+ pounds of strawberries. And thanks John and Amy for letting us pass over your boat so many times without a toll Laughing

We're all tuckered out -- sirens at 5:30 this morning (John and Amy didn't hear them...hmmmmm), roadtrip for nearly 3 hours and the boat's all washed inside and out and in her house -- fish is in the freezer 'cept what I'm fixing for dinner...to bed early for us tonight, I'm sure.

Hope everyone made it home safe and sound!

Caty
B~C

City/Region: Bend
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT A GREAT WEEKEND, the rain was nice to us and only dumped in the late evening. It was great to get to B.S. with old friends and new & we found a case of Stone Wolf custom label wine waiting at the marina office, which I think enables WineGuy to qualify for the elusive C-Brat Gold membership card Smile I think the Dog On crew qualified for a gold card also....man, flying down from Fairbanks for dinner, that's hard core

It was a bit of a tight fit in the marina with the salmon fishing frenzy going on but it sure made for some fine entertainment. It would have been nice if we had some more room so Big Dave wouldn't have to exile his friend to the fuel dock......really, we weren't going to sink him.

IT WAS NICE WEEKEND, thanks all for coming

TyBoo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those guys are right - it was a great one. The kids had a blast and drove me crazy. Too many kids and dogs for an old guy.

Finally I got to meet Dan and Paige. What a neat couple of folks. Dan isn't anywhere near as onery as he would have you believe. Thanks for coming to see us. I hope your trip home was easy and quick.

And thanks to Art the Wineguy for shipping that box of wine. That is an amazingly nice thing to do. Sorry to not get to see you guys this trip, but it won't be long before another chance.

I sure hope the Frazeys made it back up the river this afternoon. If they had the same water we had both directions then their little cruise today was probably a good one. Smooth for us all the way both ways both days.

I am also pulling for the crew of Chester to make it home without incident. This was Milehog's first successful trip to a CBGT and he's earned smooth sailing on the freeways from here on out.

It was neat to meet or see again all the friends. I am still amazed by this stuff. Don't hardly seem possible, but it works every time.

Thanks B~C & M for ramrodding this one. You done good. If you can get over that silly Alaska fishing nonsense you're planning and stick around this summer we'll have you do up another one.
B~C

City/Region: Bend
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks? We didn't do anything, I'm blaming Mike for starting this durn C-Brat thing and everybody else for showing up and having an enjoyable weekend.

I happy to report that the pavement was pretty flat all the way back to town. Would that not just be the pitts if the Milehog crew got rear ended? We did see a blue 22' C-D motoring up river by Kalama on our way home

No turning back on the summer job now, the boss is buying the plane tickets this week. I'll be found in Elfin Cove Ak this summer, I figure I can't afford a Cat, I'll go drive one of his Smile life is good
Chester

City/Region: home
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sold to lovely couple
Photos: Chester
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: And a good time was had by all! Reply with quote

Adrienne (Andi) and I would like to thank everyone for welcoming us with open arms. We truely enjoyed the weekend.
We poked around the islands for a few hours before we put the boat on the trailer to come home. Made it back without any mishaps. Exclamation

I say Adrienne, she says Andi.
Sheesh...
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here I am in Portland after dropping my son a Reed for a visit and dangit if I couldn't make it to another great gather at Cathlamet. Worst of all, I missed a rare appearance of Dogon Dan! Looks like I'll have to fly to AK to confirm the rumor that
"Dan isn't anywhere near as onery as he would have you believe."... Also from the Bonneville dam counts, it loks like the springer run is picking up and Caty et. al. confirmed that too! Sorry I missed it. Hopefully a few of you talked badly of me in my absence and I can live up to that bad rep at Lopez.

Best,
Roger

Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to add that although the distance didn't allow me to get to the Cathalamet Shindig, I did indeed meet Dogone Dan and Paige at the Seattle Boat Show and CBGT the year before last, and that Despicable Dude is just as onery as Paige is nice! Why, sometimes he's so mean tempered, Paige even carries a shotgun for her own protection! Joe.

Watch out for Despicable Dan!

"DAN, I HOPE YOU'RE NOT PLANNING ON SHARING YOUR MEAN STREAK WITH ME TODAY!

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous

Last edited by Sea Wolf on Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:19 am; edited 2 times in total
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B~C wrote:
figure I can't afford a Cat

Heck, if that's all it'll take to keep you out of Alaska, come up here and I'll throw a bunch of stray cats that are wandering around here in your rig. Mr. Green

C-Brat #16
dogon dory

State or Province: AK
Vessel Name: DogOnDory
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Folks - Post Deleted By Author

Last edited by dogon dory on Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Knotty C

City/Region: Vancouver, WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Knotty C
Photos: Knotty C
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great gathering! Even the weather cooperated for this time of the year. Thanks to Ken and everyone for the potluck. We had enough food for a second potluck. Wink The short backwater cruises were a rewarding experience with 3-6 feet of water in some places at high tide (at low tide it would have been a mud flat). On the way home via the Columbia River we took over 5 hours from Cathlamet to Steamboat Landing (I-205 bridge on the Washington side of the Columbia). We putted along at 12-14 knots and had Raven Dancer pass us and then about 45 minutes later their friends with their salty 23 footer pass us on their way back to port.

Thanks to all,

Don and Dee
Larry Q

City/Region: Rochester, Wa
Vessel Name: C-ya
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B~C
You out did yourself with your organizational skills and your cooking of the beef flambe.
I thought Tyboo's strawberry short cake needed just a little color, just for fun I put a dash of sticky fingers habanero on it for garnish. The looks of on the faces of the people at our table were great!
What a treat to put faces with names and boat names.
Dan and Paige from dogon were just a extra big treat to finally meet.....
oldgrowth will hate himself for not being there.
Big dave

City/Region: Vancouver
Vessel Name: Raven Dancer
Photos: Raven Dancer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the great weekend cruise ! It was so much fun to meet fellow boaters, can't wait until the next one that we can attend.
Sunday was a great day for the cruise back to Ridgefield.
Knotty-C, I have some great pictures of your boat but I don't know how to put pictures on this site send me your email address !
Thanks again everyone for a great time.
Dave & Ruthi.....Raven Dancer.
P.S.
Don't worry about the C-Dory look alike banished to the gas dock, he liked it over their !
johnf

City/Region: Tigard, OR
Photos: Boat Name TBD II (johnf)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for such a great time!!!

Amy and I had fun meeting old and new. Tyboo Mike...thanks for the call...the river was flat calm and beautiful as we headed your way. Made it downstream until we could see the bridge with the binocs and then turned around to have lunch in a cove with an awesome rope swing. Nice run back to Scappoose.

It is so much fun to just kick back with people like each and every one of you that is into boating. Don't get a chance to get on the web much but will try and get some pics going soon.

Best Wishes,

John CoolSmile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: