The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Dagmars Dry Storage ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tom&shan

Photos: Dakota
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Dagmars Dry Storage ?? Reply with quote

Anyone have any experience/comments about Dagmars for keeping a boat - looking for places to consider for dry storage.
Thanks.
Tom
Larry H

City/Region: Tulalip,
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1991
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Nancy H
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom & Shan,

Unless it is too far away, you might consider Twin Bridges dry stack storage near Anacortes. The boats are inside on racks where they are safe, dry, and warm, and are launched by special fork lifts. From there, it's not far to the Juans and Gulfs.

Several C-Brats keep there boats there.

I kept the Nancy H there last year and it was a great place.

A C-Brat since Nov 1, 2003
Ranger Tug 27 ex 'Jacari Maru' 2017 - 2022
Puget Trawler 37 ex 'Jacari Maru' 2006-2017
1991 22' Cruiser, 'Nancy H'--1991-2006
seahooked

City/Region: Redmond
Photos: SeaHooked
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,
I looked at Dagmars last summer before deciding on Edmonds dry storage. Since I only toured Dagmars, I have limited knowledge of their operations. Here are some of the pros and cons for each (in random order):

- Dagmars was a little cheaper, about $175 vs $195 at Edmonds for my boat.

- Most of the boats at Dagmars are stored on blocks in an area of grass, dirt, gravel. Forklifts are used to move the boats. Reasonable rates to store a trailer. A small area of covered racks is there. Availability and higher prices are issues here.

- Each spot at Dagmars has water and power available; Edmonds has this only on the wash down racks, not the storage racks.

- Don't know if Dagmars has any theft problems; however it would be next to impossible to steal something out of my boat on the high rack at Edmonds.

- Both locations are pretty central in Puget Sound and give good access.

- Dagmars is located on the river and boats travel thru brackish water up to the marina. This partially cleans the salt from the boat.

- Edmonds is very clean and well kept. The staff is very helpful, bathrooms are spotless, docks are great, and well protected from weather. Gas, pumpout right there. I don't think Dagmars has pumpout facilities; you have to use the Everett Marina. Also, I would imagine that things could get pretty muddy in the winter at Dagmars.

- Edmonds has excellent restuarants a few steps away. Dagamars does not.

- There is opportuntity for overnighting at the dock at either location. I do suspect that Edmonds is more protected from weather though.

- It's harder to get a space at Edmonds. There are usually openings through the winter into spring. By April/May your probably out of luck. Dagmars is easy. I had to book a spot at Edmonds two months before my boat was ready to be safe.

- Dagmars requires a 6 month lease. One month at Edmonds.

- At Edmonds you call ahead and your boat is on the water when you get there. If your before or after hours, they handle that also.

- TRAFFIC! This is one thing I didn't really consider beforehand however it is huge! We can buzz back and forth from Redmond to Edmonds without ever being in heavy traffic no matter the time of day. Just try going from Everett to Seattle on any afternoon/evening and you'll understand.

Well that all I can think of for now. Obviously the hands down choice for us was Edmonds. If I lived north of Everett, my choice would be different but I would bet money I wouldn't like Dagmars as much as Edmonds.

Tom, we still want to get out with you guys. I'll send you a PM soon.

2006 CD-25 Cruiser "SeaHooked" 2006-2012
RogerM

City/Region: Mukilteo
C-Dory Year: 1998
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

I've been keeping my boat at Dagmar's since last September. I just bought my boat over last summer and still haven't bought a tow vehicle (cart before the horse, so to speak Smile ). So far keeping the boat there has worked out well for me. I live within a 20 minute drive of there pretty much any time of day.

Per what Chris said above, some of the roads are unpaved, but my boat and most of the smaller boats seem to be kept in the area with paved roads near the office. The boat itself is kept on a stand over an area of coarsely crushed gravel for drainage.

I like being able to drive up and park next to the boat to load and unload gear, or just when I need to work on (tinker with) something. You can call Dagmars ahead of time too and they will launch your boat, same as Edmonds. I've found that it is just as easy to flag down a forklift driver during or after loading/prepping the boat.

So far I am not aware of any theft issues there. I feel it is likely just as safe there as parked in my driveway, as there are always people around and they have 24 hour security.

-Roger M.
mjuds

City/Region: Seattle/Ballard/Issaquah
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Kazoo II
Photos: Kazoo II
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We keep our CD22 at Seattle Dry Stack Storage in Ballard www.seattledrystackstorage.com/SDS/drystack.htm Don't know how convenient it would be to you but it looks fairly close to where you are. We have found it works very well for us. It is just east of the locks so we have good access to both the lakes and the sound. A major plus is that when coming back from the sound we automatically get a good fresh water engine flush while motoring from the locks to the storage facility
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: