The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

A new C-Ranger
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PenguinPA

City/Region: Tacoma
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: R'Dragon
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning Anders!

The hull number on the lot down in Fife (sorry, should say VIN) is FMLT2510J607. Reading some of the previous posts I took that to mean that this was hull 10. Sorry if I got things confused! Sounds like your trip to Poulsbo was great!
We haven't been there in about a year on the boat and I think it is almost time to rectify that situation!

Which power setup do you have??? Any issues you want to share with a possible new owner??? Loo forward to meeting soon.

Drew
Island Ranger

City/Region: Whidbey Island
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Island Ranger
Photos: Two Lucky Fish and Island Ranger
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sure looks like hull number 10 to me -
FMLT = Fluid Motion
25= length
10 = hull number
J = month (don't ask me which, mine is a B for Feb)
6 = year built 2006
07 = model year 07

or so I thought!

Mac
K7MXE

City/Region: Eatonville
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: R-21 EC Tug
Vessel Name: Lois H
Photos: Lois H
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does look right to me. I also have serial number 10
FMLT2110A606.. And I can say that since my boat was
laid up a lot of positive changes were made to the design
and I would want a newer hull if I was still in the kicking
tires stage.
You can tell my 21 footer was laid up in January of 06.
Bob Heselberg Eatonville Wa
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERE'S a way to decode the HIN (Hull Identification Number)!

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Vikingbaat

City/Region: Edmonds
Vessel Name: HAVNISSEN
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Drew

My apologies. I guess I live and learn. My number is 09J which means hull number 9 even though it may have been produced after hull "10".

I have the 125 HP Yanmar. I'm not sure whether that's an option for you, though. I have some brownish-red residue on most of the stainless steel deck attatchments and screws, but the factory sent me some chemicals to remove the stain. Otherwise, no problems. Electronics work fine, but still having problems getting my Raymarine auto pilot to work.

I think at this point, get your Ranger-25 and have fun. I think that if you run into any minor problems with the boat, we R-25 owners (and C-Dory folks) would be glad to give you a hand.

Look forward to meeting you.

Anders
PenguinPA

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agrre with you 100% I have been watching these boats since they first came out and just now have gotten to a point where the CFO is agreeable to changing! I think I just want to make sure I do the "right thing" Embarrased Instead jumping on the first boat available.

How has the 125hp engine treated you??? Do you find it noisy? Jeff said it gives a bit more power then the 110, what are your thoughts!

Thanks for the help and I promise, I won't take your boat...Just drool over it until I can have my own Beer

Drew
Vikingbaat

Vessel Name: HAVNISSEN
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the 125 HP. At 3000 RPM, my boat gets 12/13 MPH and uses a reasonable amount of fuel. I am guessing 2, 2 1/2 gallons per hour. At wide open throttle, it does get noisy, but at cruising speed the noise level is fine. I have about 30 hours on the engine and just added 60 gals. of diesel fuel, so the gallons per hour seem reasonable.

Within a reasonable price range, I was unable to find a diesel trawler/tug with the features of the Ranger-25. I was originally interested in the Ranger-21EC that I saw in Sept. 2005 at the factory, but a fellow named Scott Flick showed me the Ranger-25 prototype hull and described its features and price. Within several months, I had made a deposit on one and waited almost 12 months for delivery. I have no regrets Drew.

You're welcome to drool-away any time.

Anders
Trinity

Vessel Name: Trinity
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: A New C-Ranger R-25 Reply with quote

Hello Everyone!

I have been on this site every day for about two months. Decided to say "hi." We will be the proud owners of an R-25 in August.......... Hard to wait and spend the summer without a boat (we already sold the boat we have been using.) Looking forward to cruising Puget Sound and points north in the fall.

Our r-25 will be a 2008 with a maroon hull. Jeff says approx. #46. Have learned a lot from the ranger owners that have come before us.

On a side note, Sarge has moved into the slip next to us in Edmonds! Haven't met him yet as we are subleasing. Looking forward to meeting you Carl! Hope you like your new spot. Will be great having a c-dory and a c-ranger next to each other at the dock.

Nancy and Kerry Pierce

Dora~Jean

City/Region: Simi Valley
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Dora~Jean
Photos: Dora~Jean
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Nancy and Kerry to this fantastic group. As you already know they are a fine bunch of people and willing to help in any way as you learn about your boat and usage.

By the way, what boat or boats have you owned in the past? Inquiring minds...

Corsair F-31 Trimaran 1996-2002
MacGregor 26X 1988-1996
Glaspar Seafair Sedan 18 (2)
StarCraft 19 & 22
Catalina 17 & 22
Crestliner 19
+4 Previous, 1/2 sail, 1/2 power
Trinity

Vessel Name: Trinity
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve

I grew up with an early 70's GlasPly that my folks owned while we lived in Port Angeles. When Nancy and I moved back into the area we bought a 24 Glastron which had a cuddy cabin. It was a great boat, but we wanted to spend more time in the San Juans and Gulf Islands. The c-ranger gave us what we were looking for.

--Kerry
Island Ranger

City/Region: Whidbey Island
Vessel Name: Island Ranger
Photos: Two Lucky Fish and Island Ranger
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Kerry and Nancy! Great to have another Ranger nearby.

Mac & Linda
PenguinPA

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! The day to get your new tug is coming soon! I hope you both enjoy it! I stopped at the factory last week and saw #31-#34 getting ready so your closer than you think probably. I look forward to getting together with all the north sound neighbors once the boss signs off on our new purchase. Dog

Speaking of which, Jeff (Factory Jeff) gave me a few names of brokers but can anyone share a good broker with me????I am trying to sell my ponderosa Cry in order to buy the the Ranger Very Happy

Hope everyone had a great weekend and once again: Welcome to Nancy and Kerry!

Drew
PenguinPA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning!!!
Just got back from Poulsbo where trawlerfest was happening...It was a beautiful trip over on friday, but wet and windy through the weekend. Expected to see the guys from LUSR there but was presently suprised when I found Ranger Jeff and Jon L. with the families. They had 2 sparkling new boats from the factory and were selling like hotcakes. Unfortunately the 25 was already sold...so again no sea trail....Dang it! This year, the boats were parked right next to the Nodic Tug (Skipper Cress had brought 1 37' down) interesting as everyone has said that the 25' is a nice hole filler since NT no longer makes their little 26'. Long and the short is that with Jeff's contacts and help, I found someone to take my 40' and the wife let me order a new C-Ranger 25 HOOORAH! Very Happy

Not sure where she will be in the production schedule, but after all of this time, what's a few more months????? Anyway, jus had to share.
dougjk

City/Region: Hazlet
State or Province: NJ
Vessel Name: NautiDream
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: NautiDream, C-Ranger 25, Hull #7 Reply with quote

Hi all!

Finally I registered on C-Brats and want to tell you all about our new boat NautiDream! She's hull #7 and we picked it up at Coeymans Landing Marina on May 5th! Hedy and Carl are the owners of the marina and were wonderful to us. We also saw one of the red-hulled versions and it was a beaut! Check out the pictures on the site and you can see what I mean. We traded in our 25' Maxum 2400 SCR and had to sail the Maxum up the Hudson river to Coeymans, NY (just south of Albany, which took about 8 hours) from the Sandy Hook, NJ area to drop her off and then pick up the Ranger and sail her back down the river (took about 12 hours with a stop over for about an hour for lunch in Cold Springs). We arrived on a Friday, moved aboard NautiDream and spent our first night on her. She has three heating systems (engine, reverse A/C and diesel via the stovetop). The temp got down to the 30's and the diesel did an excellent job of keeping the whole boat nice and toasty at 2oz/hr of fuel in from its own tank. The next day we inspected the boat and had a couple of little things fixed then Carl helped us take the boat through her paces. The bow and stern thrusters are fantastic! After about an hour and a half with Carl we took the boat out on our own and headed up the Albany (about an hour each way) and she performed beautifully! Everybody just stared at us. We got back and had a great dinner and then spent another night on the boat. The next morning we left at 7AM and headed home. The boat performed flawlessly! We even had the real tug-boat captains staring at us and giving us the thumbs up. The boat tracks beautifully. There were long stretches where I didn't even have to touch the wheel. We topped off at Liberty Landing Marina across from Manhattan for the final leg home. It turned out to be pretty rough because NY Harbor is normally that way but there was also a storm coming up the Jersey coastline so when we hit Raritan Bay we were getting 3 foot seas. The Ranger just kept on going. Of course I had to run the wipers full time but it was a lot of fun. We got back home about an hour before the storms came through.

The boat is still impressing me. We had eight adults and two children on her for a Saturday cruise of the Navesink river and she had absolutely no problems getting up on a plane. The thrusters really amaze people and I've seen some salty dog's eyes pop when I put her in a 180 and slide up to the dock. I had our local marine mechanic give her a once over and he was really impressed with the way she was put together and the materials used.

We are preparing for our summer vacation the first two weeks of July and are taking her up the East river and the Long Island Sound to Newport, RI and are stopping places all along the way. If anyone wants I can tell you where we'll be and we can meet up. If any Ranger owners are in CT, RI or Long Island maybe we can meet up?

Doug

[/url]

C-Ranger 25, Hull #7
dougjk

City/Region: Hazlet
State or Province: NJ
Vessel Name: NautiDream
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Our Pictures Reply with quote

I forgot to post some pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dougjonathan

You can see our old Maxum and the new Ranger (and the family, of course). Also, we are lucky to have a dock in our back yard so you can see her tied up, looking pretty.

Doug[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: