The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

06/08 - 06/10 - Chesapeake Bay 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wannabee

City/Region: Eastern Shore
State or Province: MD
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Visitors on Friday? Reply with quote

Would you be open to a couple of visitors on Friday night? We have been looking at these boats - perfect for our shallow draft river - and keeping en eye out for the right used one to come along. We'd just be driving up from Queenstown for a few hours.

Doyle & Marianne

Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely! Check in at the registration table when you get there, I'll have a couple of name tags for you.

I've also made name tags and added Doug and Claire from Churchton, MD. They are in the process of buying a boat and will attend on Saturday. They'd like to have a ride from someone.

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA

Last edited by Captains Cat on Sat May 26, 2007 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
terraplane

City/Region: chesapeake bay
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: BANJO
Photos: Sally's Sister
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: parking Reply with quote

For those of you who plan on using the "McHugh Park and Go" field...please be aware that there is less space this year. There has been some construction and the field is only partially ready..I can accommodate about four trailers with vehicles..maybe five.

First come first served is the way I'll go.

terraplane
Captains Cat

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, should work out. We've only got 4 signed up for the field parking and I think that's just for trailers.

OBJOYFUL
ODD-A-C
SEA-ESTA
C-DRAGONFLY

George and Penny (WANDERER) will be bringing their motorhome but I think they can probably park at the Marina, Terry AND Mykeal (THE LAST DANCE) will have a motorhome too and do plan to park at the Marina.

Charlie
terraplane

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: volunteers Reply with quote

We could use one or two peoplewith cars on Friday afternoon...to shuttle to and from the launch landing,to McHugh lot, to marina...all withing a two mile distance.
Anne-B

City/Region: Suburban Philadelphia
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 1992
Vessel Name: ANNE-B
Photos: ANNE-B
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Gathering Info Reply with quote

Won't be long now!
Looking forward to seeing everyone. Just a few lines to let you know what to expect.
Friday is the day most people will be arriving at LANKFORD BAY MARINA. We will have a table set up near the office so when you check in, you will get name tags and an agenda. Friday night we have a pot-luck dinner. Please bring something to share and drink. We will provide the plates, cups and silverware. If you are coming by boat, there will be cars available to take you into town if you need to pick up some provisions for your stay or something for the pot-luck. This is a time to meet and greet. Saturday is a day for checking out boats, maybe a cruise, lunch in Rock Hall or at one of the picnic tables in the marina on you and then back to the marina Saturday night for a Chesapeake Dinner of crabs, hot dogs and maybe some local color. Music and entertainment by terrraplane and company and especially this year the audience will get in the act.
If you have any questions or concerns, let us know.
We will be arriving Thursday night, so we will be there bright and early Friday morning.
Don't miss a great time. If you haven't signed up yet, there is still time. The more the merrier!! Even if you don't have a boat to tie up at the Marina, join us.

Anne-B

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Gathering Reply with quote

Charlie,
Has everyone that is signed up on the events signup page contacted you? Looks like a good group so far.
They are coming from all over the place. Lots of new people and old friends too.
Saw one of the C-Ranger 21's (Tootsie) hanging out on the Chester River Memorial Day weekend. They are ready for the gathering.

See everyone soon.

Doug & Anne
Captains Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug/Anne: More have contacted me. Have you looked at the attendance list on the documents page? It's more complete and has lots more detail. If you don't have Excel, I could e-mail you a text version.

Charlie
Anne-B

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Gathering Reply with quote

Yes, saw spreadsheet dated May 29th and I printed it out. You are the 'Detail Man'

See you on Friday.

Anne
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gang! Sorry I could not make it up. Too much going on with Sherryl and our limited play time together prior to her needing to start making the meetings of the conference. Got a call late last night from Pat Anderson... I think....message broken up a bit... attempted call back...and got his cell... but... he may be over on the left coast instead of the right side...but I do recall seeing some pics of him and Miss Patty being up for this gathering. Sure look forward to post and pics.

Byrdman

C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 sold again.. May 2020
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hu #14 - Bought her again - May16
Aloysius, Sold to Brother Mike Mar16
Aloysius, Hull # 440 RF-246
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 Sold May09
TC24, Hull #51, Sold Feb06
CD16A, Sold Dec03
Never Deny Yourself The Pleasure of Helping Others.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halcyon, R-Matey and Daydream are anchored up in Shallow Bay at Sucia Island - we played Chesapeake Scenes and Bill and I bellowed out the Chester River song in honor of all of you folks and our fond memories! Did try to call Byrdman, thought he might be there, it was the only cell number I had. Like he said, couldn't connect...

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

teflonmom

City/Region: Red Lion
Vessel Name: Snickers AUG 08
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: CB 007 Reply with quote

Hi,

Just had to say THANKS to all who made such a wonderful gathering. We only just made the Saturday party. It was sure worth the drive.

Good eats crabs, red hots and white hots-- what a meal and we washed it down with RED CAT! Then Tom and company gave a concert.

George and Penny shared via a multi media show their wonderful trip to Alaska-Outstanding.

If you missed it you missed a very good time. Again THANKS to all who helped make this a very special evening.

Fred, Pat, and Mr Grey(the cat)

PS Mr. Grey was upset that we did not take him along. O well, he got to smell the crab on our fingers.

Captains Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, I'll say what a great time. Will be said many times. Got home here about 1445 after a great run down the bay, about 95 miles in 7 hours including a stop for gas. Also had to empty out both fuel filters! What a bunch of crud, I don't have the plastic bowl type, just the spin on that can be unscrewed and emptied. Passages had the same problem with his 150, mine are 45's and I'm glad I had two of them! Heard ORCA heading into Reedville about 1330, so he had a good run and I assume he'll head the rest of the way to Portsmouth tomorrow.

A great group, will wait for the final tally but we killed a lot of crustations (Crabs) and everyone learned how to play the Kazoo. Tom says next year we're going to learn to march and then we'll bus to Rock Hall and march down main street. Many of us will have a hard time walking, much less marching!

Great job again by Anne and Doug, John and Liz, and of course our own venerable Terraplane Tom!

Thanks again, if the nerds will set up an album (if not already done), we'll start to post pictures!

Charlie and Sally
terraplane

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: chesapeake thanks Reply with quote

First, to our committee...all who work so hard to make this gathering seem to be laid back, totally easy, and just a "nice flow"...it takes a lot of work to make that happen.
Then, to all of you who came, from near and far...(distance prize went to Fairbanks, Alaska!!)...What a great group...and a professional kazoo band in the making..C-dory people are so easy to know..it just makes our job as committee very rewarding.
Then, to Lankford Bay Marina for providing services, and one of the most "picture perfect" settings on the Bay.
And....a very very special thanks to George and Penny of WANDERER for the show on last summer's Alaska trip. It was breathtaking in the visual sense, but also hear the assurance and pure enjoyment in their voices when talking of the trip.

Bill and I enjoyed playing for you..more next year...The thought of Pat, and Halcyon and the others singing with gusto The Chester River Song goes in our memory scrapbook. Great.

Charlie can correct me..but i think we had 28 boats, and about six couples without boats along, some "lookers" and three Rangers...including our local dealer with a 25 for sale..and he sold it that day!

We have some new ideas for next year, but basically, all the same..talk, friendship, boats, great food, expertise, and adventure..a C Dory experience.

Terraplane Tom
Dragonfly

City/Region: Cameron
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: FireFly
Photos: Dragonfly
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Thanks ! Reply with quote

Hi All,
Just got home.. uh it was a long drive ! It's now 7:01 pm. Time to do laundry,clean boat.. you get the idea anyway. We had a terrific time and wanted to thank you all for inviting us to come up. We will be there next year to join in with are musical talents (not ) LOL. We met so many nice folks and made I hope a lot of long time friends. Thanks again for a great time ! Larry & Tracy M.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: