The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/16 - 05/20 - 5th Annual Delta/Bay Extravaganza
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aquaman

City/Region: Lodi
State or Province: CA
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful and watch out for the Humpys out there. There is a group of whales in the Delta on the Sacramento River by Rio Vista..
SeaSpray

City/Region: Brentwood, CA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SeaSpray
Photos: SeaSpray
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all made it back and had a great time and good weather for this years Delta trip! We did not see or catch any whales.

Thanks to Pounder Jim for putting this together and providing a great feast on Thur. night.

This years weather was very good for this event. We had some wind but also beautiful evenings and mornings. We did surf our way home on the last 3rd of San Pablo bay but it was more fun than uncomfortable. For this time of year we got lucky.

I will others fill in more of the details.

Steve
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are back in Rio Vista, having said our good-byes to the rest of the group. We will spend the night in the marina, getting Wild Blue shiney clean and ready for the road.

I have posted daily updates from the Delta Cruise in our Wild Blue Cruising Adventure threads. Our thanks to all those on this cruise who made it so enjoyable. Jim (Pounder) did a great job in making arrangements for slips (not an easy situation in the Bay area), everyone pitched in to make each event fun, and Mother Nature was kind. We have more great memories, lots of new friends, and another "must do" place checked off (of course, we will have to come back and spend more time in the future).

Brent and Dixie, you two are family to us and we are so grateful that you "sold" us on these past two gatherings. (It almost makes me want to tell the truth about Dixie's antics, but no one would believe it, so I keep it toned down. Wink Mr. Green )

Very best wishes,
Jim, Joan, and Molly the cat (the crew of Wild Blue)

Salty-Cs

City/Region: Yorba Linda
C-Dory Year: 2002
Vessel Name: Salty-Cs
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just got home and emptied the boat (cleaning will take place tomorrow!) We are exhausted by the long drive home, but still wound up by the incredible 5 days that Jim and Kathy have given us. We know that this event is limited to a small number of attendees, so....Jim, you can count us in to next year, and the next....

It was great seeing all the "old" faces (no reference to the Sausalito Cruising Club intended) and meeting a couple of very nice new faces, too.

Looking forward to seeing y'all again in Catalina.

Salty-Cs Photos
Dora~Jean

City/Region: Simi Valley
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Dora~Jean
Photos: Dora~Jean
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Home safe and sound, no problems, boat unloaded, like Salty C's, cleaning tomorrow morning before going to w-o-r-k... still aching a bit from personal trainer, Bill, brought by Islander Ron.

Jim and Kathy put on an outstanding event as usual, but somehow each year they manage to exceed the previous year...have no idea how that works or if there's a limit--thank you Jim and Kathy!

It was great meeting old friends and new, like Jim and Joan (Wild Blue), what a wonderful addition to our C-Dory gatherings.

Corsair F-31 Trimaran 1996-2002
MacGregor 26X 1988-1996
Glaspar Seafair Sedan 18 (2)
StarCraft 19 & 22
Catalina 17 & 22
Crestliner 19
+4 Previous, 1/2 sail, 1/2 power
Dora~Jean

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike or Bill, could we please get a photo album for this gathering, didn't see one? Thanks!
SEA3PO

City/Region: Chester
Vessel Name: SEA3PO
Photos: SEA3PO
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got home last night.....tired but ready to go again next year...what fun...
This morning I drained out 10 gallons of fowl smelling fuel... no wonder I had a hard time keeping the mice running.... wow that stuff was stale...teach me to forget about the Stabil ....never again !!!
Today I am washing everything and getting ready to migrate north....Thurs.. the boat will go back into storage until Catalina....and new fuel...

Thanks for the Swell times....

Joel N Sue
SEA3PO
Discovery

City/Region: LOA, UTAH
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Discovery
Photos: Discovery
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We made it home safe and sound 5/21 at about 6:30 MDT. Day and a half drive from Rio Vista. We stayed last night at Fallon Nevada, at the new super Walmart. We had a great time at the Delta gathering with all of our C-Brat friends. This is a great trip and one we look forward to every year. Thanks Jim and Kathy. Also want to thank John and Robin for hosting the group at Wheeler Island. Only, could you do something about the wind and tide at the dock. It's always an adventure to get tied up! It was great to finally get to Petaluma. What a cool place!! We appreciate all the effort Jim and Kathy go to to make everything work so smoothly. It was especially nice to have Natalie join us this year, even if it was just for a short time. We love those cookies! We were especially glad to have Jim and Joan (Wild Blue) join us. We had told them so much about the great time and nice people-- it was good they could see we weren't exaggerating. We have some terrific pix and will get them posted as soon as possible. We're going to be home for the rest of this summer and look forward to Catalina in August. If anyone gets this way, please let us know. We have a good stop over place.

Thanks again Jim and Kathy--great as usual!

Brent and Dixie,
1984 22' Classic sold 2003
2003 24' TomCat sold 2005
2006 TC255 Discovery Sold 2020
2006 CD 22' Angler Sold 2014
https://share.delorme.com/FBrentBetenson
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms." ~ Thomas Jefferson
Islander

City/Region: Channel Islands Harbor
Vessel Name: Islander
Photos: Islander
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!!! What a great trip!! The crew of Islander, me, Natalie and Bill had a great time. A special thanks to John and Robbin to the hospitality for Natalie at the Duck Club! It was great to have her there, and it would not be possible without your efforts! Jim and Kathy, thanks for your hard work as well. It really is a labor of love! Your efforts are much appreciated.

OK....I would go into the Cruising Club, but no one would believe it any way! I guess What happened at the cruising club should stay there anyway.

Really enjoyed my 12 mile walks each day, and my daily work out with my good friend Bill. I know Bill enjoyed meeting you all, and now you are probably on his mailing list!

OK now for the trip home!!! We broke down on I5 about 150 miles from home, in the middle of no where! The good folks at Toyota had changed my belts out and in the process failed to secure a nearby wire to a very important sensor! Well the belt took out the wire, and hence the sensor. Sunday night, in the middle of nowhere, and you get the picture. Out of luck, out of underwear, nowhere to walk Bill, no where to feed Bill, Natalie away from her creature comforts, and you get the idea! We spent the night in the Comfort Inn! By Monday morning we found out there was no replacement part to be had and then decided to just get towed home! WHEW! Back at home we bought the part and the truck is back and working!

Again thanks to all, looking forward to Catalina!

Dora~Jean

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ron, sorry to hear about your troubles, happens to us all some time. I saw you pulled off at the same turnoff as we did, but went to opposite stations. Maybe next time we should consider trailering together? Glad you got her running again, nice to have a built in place to sleep!
SeaSpray

City/Region: Brentwood, CA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: SeaSpray
Photos: SeaSpray
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ron,

Sure sorry to hear about the breakdown. You probably had the belt changed just so there would be no problems!

Steve
Jim Gibson

City/Region: Sacramento
C-Dory Year: 1998
Vessel Name: Pounder
Photos: Pounder
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kath and I wanted to thank all the eight C-Dory boats, and the 16 hearty soles, that made this epic trip so special. We appreciate that this Extravaganza takes a lot of energy to even get to, given that most of the folks come from outside Northern California to attend.

This is the single best group of competent sea-going folks anyone could ever meet on the Internet. I always tell Kath that I would gladly take any single one of the Extravaganza attendees, and go anywhere with them. A very good bunch of folks.

This year we were extremely blessed with good weather, and it is fitting that on our 5th Year Anniversary we were able to make the entire 5 day itinerary, as-planned. It was very gratifying that we made it to all of our four venues.

New for us this year was the Petaluma Turning Basin, which turned out to be very nice. Also, our tour of Treasure Island this year was interesting. The Sausalito Cruising Club turned out to be an excellent replacement for the Sausalito Yacht Club, and was fitting to our more laid back style.

Thanks again to the following:

1. Steve and Alex on Dora-Jean
2. Ron, Nat, and Bill on Islander
3. Brent and Dixie on Discovery
4. Steve on SeaSpray
5. Sam and Kerry on Salty-Cs
6. John and Robbin on Dinner Belle II
7. Jim and Joan on Wild Blue
8. Joel and Susan on SEA3PO.

A special thanks to the Eudy’s for hosting us at their Duck Club. Also, thanks to Jim and Joan for joining us for the first time, and for the wonderful professional quality photographs.

Kath and I are already thinking about the Delta and Bay for next year, so mark your calendars. See you all in Catalina!

Sincerely,

Jim and Kath

Dora~Jean

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else having problems loading photos in the Delta album? I've tried over past 3 days, succeeded on 2 at a time only occasionally, just hangs otherwise, never had this problem before.
Discovery

City/Region: LOA, UTAH
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Discovery
Photos: Discovery
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve.

I have been able to load pics 5 at a time without any problems.
Dora~Jean

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brent and Dixie for assuring that the site wasn't the problem. I think it's a combination of the gazillion pixel pictures my friend's camera takes and my getting-long-in-the-tooth puter (DSL connection). Dropped to 1 pic at a time, 50-70% success, 2-4 minutes per picture.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: