The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Newbie kicker question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kolive

City/Region: Cowiche
State or Province: WA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Newbie kicker question Reply with quote

OK, my wife and I do not own a C-Dory............yet. We just joined the group and from the sounds of things and the looks of the C-Dory we are in process of becoming assimilated. Resistance is futile.

My questions is this, we just bought a new Merc 9.9 kicker for our current boat, a 19' Starcraft Islander and if we buy a C-Dory should we just move it over to the new boat? It is a 4 stroke, bigfoot, longshaft model with Troll Master Pro attached.

Most of what I have seen talked about has been the Hondas and Yamahas but not much about the Mercs. I honestly do not know the pros and cons of the motors but just paid a fair amount of $$ for the motor we got. We got it reasonably but as most of you know, these things do not come cheap. Is there something we need to know, seriously, about which motor we should end up with? We are looking at the 22 & 25 models.

Keith in Cowiche
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kolive-

That motor is perfect for a CD 22 or 25 as a kicker motor, and the Trollmaster is a great addition!

Welcome to the C-Dory crowd!

Joe.

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
kolive

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Joe. It sure worked good for us up on the Northern tip of Vancouver Island this summer.

I am really thinking about your idea of turning the star wars quote into a bumper sticker to bring to the factory tour and give them on saturday.

Keith
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any motor you already own and runs is always my favorite. I think that any brand is just as good as another when new these days. the troll master is a good unit even if over priced. i have never bought one because i now that there is only $50 worth of parts in it and can not pay the several hundered tht they want for them. just cant do it.
kolive

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. We'll hang on to the motor when we sell the Starcraft. Now we need to decide 22 or 25 CD. I'm really looking forward to the SBS to meet folks, go aboard the boats and tour the factory.

Keith in Cowiche
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: