The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

10/01 - 10/03 - Sequim Bay Fall Fling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess what fell into my lap here at work a few minutes ago. A bunch of corn from Johnson Farms. Now I know what to bring for the potluck!
I owe you, R&L.
Wink
jimandlaurie

City/Region: Puyallup
Photos: Laurna Jo
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Brock, was all that Produce accompanied by a C-Brat Banner? Hope so

2004 C-Dory Skiff- Little Poit Dhubh
2005 C-Dory 25 Cruiser -sold 2103
2002- C-Dory 22 Cruiser- Sold 2005
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I'm the last one to be leaving, so nobody who's going will see this. But, we're almost ready to go. Just have to get Tiffany home from school and in the truck. I even did her chores for her to speed things up!

See whoever is there, there. And see the rest of you later.

Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sir! I am sitting here tapping my toes waiting for Patty to get home from here scrubstitute teaching job...We should have been outta here an hour ago...Soooo, it is going to be cruising up to the dock in the dark AGAIN this year...hopefully no fog however!

TyBoo wrote:
I'm sure I'm the last one to be leaving, so nobody who's going will see this. But, we're almost ready to go. Just have to get Tiffany home from school and in the truck. I even did her chores for her to speed things up!

See whoever is there, there. And see the rest of you later.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Jeff and Diane

City/Region: Renton, Washington
C-Dory Year: 1991
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Immacu-Nada/"C-Spaz"
Photos: Immacu-Nada
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, We will probably be the last ones to post! We are planning on driving over and joining the group for the food fest! Hopefully we won't get lost and we will be able to find all of you fine folks!

Jeff Beer Wink and Diane Laughing Lips
Jeff and Diane

City/Region: Renton, Washington
C-Dory Year: 1991
Vessel Name: Immacu-Nada/"C-Spaz"
Photos: Immacu-Nada
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed I think I'll just talk to myself as I sit here and reflect on how well we have prepared in advance for this weekend. Cry Jeff got the trailer fixed up after taking the most of the week off work. Immacu-nada spent two nights in the drink at DesMoines Marina by herself. Sad Went to check the site to see what's going on and all I can imagine is you having a great time Beer Cocktail Note Moon Cat . Hopefully we will be able to find you tomorrow. We will be land lovers. If the NERD checks his cell phone he will find a message. If he checks his palm pilot doo-dah maybe he'll find a message. See you soon!

Jeff and Diane
Anita Marie

City/Region: Oak Harbor
Vessel Name: Anita Marie
Photos: Anita Marie and Little Buddy
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hats of to Jon and Cynthia for making this another great gathering. A big thanks goes to Bill and Dana for the C-Brat stickers and surprise add on. Of course there was more food that twice as many people could eat. Pat and Patty supplied the keg with what I think was one of there best brews.
Most of the boats headed to Victoria Saturday but Tim was nice enough to invite Robbie and myself on the Lynn Marie for an attempt at some salmon fishing. We didn't get any bites but had a great time including some slow cruising in the shallows east of Dungeness Spit.
The pot luck ended with a nice fire at the group camp site ending at midnight for some of us.
The weather was marvolus but I am glad I didn't bring my boat because the fog was thick in the east straits and would of made for a stressful cruise back to Anacortes.
Thanks to everyone

Fred

Last edited by Anita Marie on Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Jon & Cynthia for a great get-together Thumbs Up We had a wonderful time Very Happy Fantastic potluck Saturday night and a wonderful breakfast downtown Sequim Sunday morning Very Happy Thanks to Brock for the magazine and the article about the C-Brats. That was a really nice surprise Very Happy Sure missed not having our boat with us Sad but like Fred, we felt better not having to deal with the fog on our return trip home and it certainly was very foggy between Port Townsend and Keystone when we were on the ferry. Just had a really great weekend Exclamation

Ruth & Joe
R-Matey
Lynn Marie

City/Region: Redmond
C-Dory Year: 1997
Photos: Lynn Marie
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lynn Marie and Me made it home safe and sound after another great C-Brat gettogether. Thanks to everyone involved, especially Jon & Cynthia for all the logistics. That is all except the directions to the Oak Table. If I missed you at the docks to say good bye then I'm saying it now and look forward to our next meeting. Roger and Lisbeth you were both truly missed but we do understand.

I had a nice 4:30 hour drive home. After getting the boat on the trailer I took a couple minutes and lent a hand to the Da Latte crew and hit the road at just about noon so arrived home at 4:30PM, a good hour and when I got in the shower to scrub off a layer of "boat people' the martini fairy had arrived in the bath room so I was one happy camper. With that kind of welcome, it's good to be home. Judy sends her best to all, and also a thanks to Mac, Linda, the LaMay Garden. We'll enjoy this.

Thanks again to all, Tim

TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TyBoo and crew made it home.

More later, but I want to give a big thanks right now to everyone. Most notably to J&CL for their superb hosting performance, to Robbi for coming out of retirement briefly for our little girls, to Rev. Jim for the wonderful denaming and christening, and to everyone for making Tiffany and Jamie feel so much like part of the family.

I don't know if Kay took any pictures, but for all you faithful who, with our gratitude, faithfully do, here's an album.

Thanks!
Island Ranger

City/Region: Whidbey Island
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Island Ranger
Photos: Two Lucky Fish and Island Ranger
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew - what a weekend. Thanks to all the Brats for welcoming us into the group. We had a great time......well almost - it was great 'till it was time to go. We waited 'till 3pm - and still stared at those low lying clouds, so..

After figuring out that all that was broken was the compass/autopilot in our electronics, we went ahead and ran home to Cultus Bay, South Whidbey. We ran in fog most of the way - it cleared a little just south of Marrowstone, then fogged up again. I love radar and GPS/charting - the only way to go. We followed a tug & barge for a while to keep outta everyone's way, but most of the time I just kept steering away from stuff. It was tough without a compass - kinda steering by looking in the rear view mirrow. I was surprised at the number of boats - course we only saw a few, mostly we stayed away from any blip (yep, even the bouy ones)..

Anyway, a great weekend - Thanks to all - 'specially Jon & Cynthia. I still want to know how come Customs came to the dock...

Mac & Linda
TwoLuckyFish
Sawdust

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: C-Salt
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missed a great cruise, I did. And missed a big hug from Cynthia too. Still relished a few enjoyable hours BSing with the gang on the dock, huge pigout on Mike and Kay's luxury mobile -- TWO huge hot dogs, no less -- And fell in love with two beautiful little (not so little) girls.

I wanted very much to welcome the fishing and international travelling segments of our Braties, and of course to miss the potlach was a disaster Sad Sad, but my chain was being jerked pretty hard, and had to get back to the barn.

Better luck next time, old guy.

Old Dusty Crying or Very sad

Rock-C

City/Region: Salem
C-Dory Year: 1988
Vessel Name: Rock-C
Photos: Rock-C
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A special thanks to Jon & C-Lou for all the work setting up this weekend. We had a great time. Good to see old friends and meet new ones. The trip to Victoria was fun and weather sure cooperated. We will put Sequim on our calendar for next year. That seven hour drive home was a killer. Back to work to recuperate.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patty here. I can't believe Patrick hasn't posted our thoughts about the weekend. It was just super! Thanks to so many people for making it so sweet---Jon and Cynthia, of course, for so much, and the liquor maker and the dock breakfast cooker and cleaner upper. And you're all so good putting up with Oscar and looking out for him. Back at the marina some really rotten lowlife scumbucket stole our roller off our trailer.'Angry' If you saw the damage to our bow at the dock, that looks like a mere scratch compared to the major gelcoat damage we incurred driving the boat home with no roller. We put multi-layers of towel over the metal but it poked right through. Later.....

Last edited by Pat Anderson on Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear that, Patty. That's really a shame. But the factory can perform plastic surgery magic, making it all brand new again.

Just a quick comment before I have to run: I don't know anyone who puts on a better party than that couple from Port Angeles. John and Cynthia, you were the catalysts for many Brats' warm memories.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: