The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Opinons on a CD22 with 1 or 2 kids.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan Russell

City/Region: West Palm Beach
State or Province: FL
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: One or two kids Reply with quote

teflonmom wrote:
Note: A plastic urinal bottle really works well for the male gender and it does not rattle as much as the old coffee can during the day.

Gatoraide bottles work well too. And since gatoraide was devloped by florida state university, I don't mind the irony.

Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: One or two kids Reply with quote

Alan Russell wrote:
teflonmom wrote:
Note: A plastic urinal bottle really works well for the male gender and it does not rattle as much as the old coffee can during the day.

Gatorade bottles work well too. And since gatoraide was devloped by florida state university, I don't mind the irony.

Gatorade is my choice, too!

Wrap the bottle in Duct Tape so you hide the unsightly tell-tale yellow, and a whole bunch will fit into a large bottle to be emptied out at the next bathroom stop. Much easier to dump than a Port-a-Potti*, too!

Joe.

*Charlie and the Spell-A-Thon Police can have at me on that one as well as this "Spellathon Malfusance"!

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: One or two kids Reply with quote

[quote="Sea Wolf
Charlie and the Spell-A-Thon Police can have at me on that one as well as this "Spellathon Malfusance"![/quote]

Can't resist Joe.... Malfeasance.... Laughing

Try the spell check button if you get tired of my tutorials. Wink Won't bother with Porta Potty, they both stink.... Cry

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You, Charlie!

I purposely didn't check up on Porta Potty, and then again on malfeasance, just for comic effect!

The spellcheck doesn't work with my Mac, but usually I know enough to check out diffecultt (sic) words.

My wife's a retired English teacher, and made me into a much better speller, but sometimes it's just too much fun to klutz it up deliberately flutz the spelling in the face of the stern orthodox language crowd!

Kinda like bad-ass kid acting up, I guess.

Joe.
C-Biscuit

City/Region: Anchorage
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: C-Biscuit
Photos: C-Biscuit
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan,
I live way up here in Alaska and right now the C-Biscuit has about 3 ft of snow on her. I'll have to get a picture on the web...but to the point of the post...check out Sun Dog. They are a great couple and have 2 little ones and a ton of great pictures of their adventures on this site. I think Joe has his own web site too with more pictures. They could give you a bunch of tips on how to do extended trips with the little ones.
Enjoy![/img]

Hunkydory

City/Region: Cokeville, Wyoming
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Hunkydory
Photos: Hunkydory-Jay-and-Jolee
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am compelled to add our 2 cents and that's probably all its worth to this off topic subject of spelling.

Jo-Lee and I come from, are, and have added to the worlds population of dyslexics. To us and many like us the English language can be more than a little confusing. Especially the spelling part. For us spell checker, word perfect and the like opens up a whole new world. I don't think my kids could have made it through college with out that help. At the same time it grates on me that this is necessary. Any one of us could write and spell well enough that you would know what we were trying to convey and that our minds were actually working, but with the average English Teacher mentality that would not have gotton us through grade school let alone a University. With a little check into history you will find its only in the more recent era that spelling mattered at all. What counted was the ability to express ones self so as to be understood in writing and speaking and most important the thoughts that were expressed. If you read any of the personal letters or writings of the educated elite during the time of this country's founding and much much later you will find all spelling was done with sound and there was considerable variance in letters used. I have read, but at the moment don't recall the reason for the change. I do know that most the rules made concerning the change made very little sense to me and stifle the creativity of many.

Charlie I realize that you and Joe were just having fun and in the present real world how well one spells, writes and speaks according to the rules does matter.

And I too prefer the gatorade bottle, thats due to the larger opening.

Jay

DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunkydory wrote:

Jay

Nothing wrong with a wide mouth plastic peanut butter jar either.... Laughing and no.....I'm not bragging, but the P.B. Jar can be used as well to bail out that pesky water that accumulates below the drain holes of the motor well after you wash your 22' vessel and are putting it under the cover of your storage area. (I just like using equipment that has multi-purpose uses).

C-Brat #16
Hunkydory

City/Region: Cokeville, Wyoming
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Hunkydory
Photos: Hunkydory-Jay-and-Jolee
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveS wrote:
Hunkydory wrote:

Jay

Nothing wrong with a wide mouth plastic peanut butter jar either.... Laughing and no.....I'm not bragging, but the P.B. Jar can be used as well to bail out that pesky water that accumulates below the drain holes of the motor well after you wash your 22' vessel and are putting it under the cover of your storage area. (I just like using equipment that has multi-purpose uses).

No need for bragging here either Smile Just helps with spillage prevention. Yes---multi-purpose use is good.

Jay
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunkydory wrote:
Just helps with spillage prevention.
Jay

Now is the time for a second hand "war story"....... Rolling Eyes

Several years ago several friends of mine were traveling to Westport, Wa. for a commercial fishing trip. Two of them were traveling together and one of them decided that it was time to relieve himself as they were cruising down the highway. He proceeded to relieve himself in some type of drink container and created so much pressure in the container that it "blew out" urine all over the interior of the car. Mr. Green Needless to say the driver/owner was not in the best of mood after that. But when the rest of us heard about the incident relentless ribbing ensued.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: