View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunkydory

City/Region: Cokeville, Wyoming
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Hunkydory
Photos: Hunkydory-Jay-and-Jolee
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Video--2004 To Alaska from Prince Rupert BC Reply with quote

This 60 min total 2 part video covers the first 7 days of our 2004 cruise from Prince Rupert, BC to Alaska and back ending with our mishap in Fords Terror Inlet. The mishap ruined the camera so that was the end of video for the trip.

Trailered boat for over 5000 miles. Boat on water over 1700 miles. The cruise was wrote up in the forums under Grand Adventures, A hunkydory adventure on a 22 cruiser

video 2004 To Alaska from Prince Rupert BC Part 1

video 2004 To Alaska from Prince Rupert BC Part 2

Will edit this post and add a link for macs as soon as I have time to upload video to google. The reason I don't do just google for everyone is there video host is not as good of quality as mydea.

OK below is link for mac users

video part 1

video part 2

Jay

Last edited by Hunkydory on Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Papillon

City/Region: DeBary, Fl. *On the St. John's River*
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Papillon
Photos: Papillon
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay and JoLee,
I just finished watching the entire show. It was very interesting and I didn't fall asleep once during the entire presintation. You do need to pause every once in a while and let JoLee speak up, although I notice in the last 30 seconds of the film she had no problem speaking while trying to keep her footing while you took her on a "White Water" experience.

Great Show guys and thanks for sharing with us all.

1993 Angler-02' 115 Suzuki 4 Stroke
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got our DSL hookup yesterday. Just in time to throughly enjoy the video, every minute of it. The pictures and the narration are equally impressive. Thank you so very much.

"...we're all in the same boat..."
Not For Hire

City/Region: Cadillac, MI
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Not For Hire
Photos: Not For Hire
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved the videos. My boat is in a friend's barn until April. So I loved the videos, the sounds, the descriptions, the trip planning pointers, and I loved the motor noise too. Sounds just right, I miss it.

Thanks big time,

Mark

Hunkydory

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are truly appreciative of all comments and happy for anyone who enjoys these videos we posted, but Mark you really nailed it. When these videos were being made and narrated there was no thought of any audience other than ourselves and close family. The boat is put up in late September and like you doesn't come out to mid April or later. And like you said, the sights, sounds, descriptions and yes even the motor noise is enjoyed over and over through out the long winter. For us and family there was no need to put in the time it takes to edit, host and post these videos. FOR YOU AND THOSE OF SIMILIER COMPREHENSION IT MADE IT MORE THAN JUST WORTH WHILE. We understand your enjoyment because we would have loved for someone to do the same for us. Before the c dory in 2003, I had been filming and narrating my solitary adventures in the high country for the same reasons to relive and enjoy the trips again in the winter and share with Jo-lee the places She couldn't go.

Jay
Wayne McCown

City/Region: Rochester
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Little Mac
Photos: Little Mac
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the Video! Reply with quote

Dear Joe and Jolie:

Thanks for sharing your experience via video!

What software do you run on your laptop? Do you have the laptop connected into and/or interfacing with the other navigation instruments on-board? What's the bit about having an earpiece through which you receive info re compass bearing?

I value your counsel, Wayne
Hunkydory

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne,

Pleased you enjoyed the video.

The navigational software we use is Nobletec, Visual Navigation Suite and there proprietary charts downloaded to that. I purchased Nobletec through WEST MARINE. Don't have enough experience to know how it compares to the others available. For us it worked wonderfully and gave us the confidence to go places with our lack of experience we may not have without. Really used and found very valuable the tides and currents software that came with it.

At the time of this trip in 2004 we didn't have it interfaced with anything else. And our back up other than the small Lourance, which gps signal went to the computer was a small hand held Garmin E Map which we made do with after the Fords Terror experience. We now have a Raymarine S1000 autopilot and a new back up gps the Garmin 276 C which can be used on pick up or boat using North Amerca wide City Map for pick up and Garmins Blue Charts for boat. Both are now interfaced with our radar and auto pilot. We are looking forward to seeing how this is going to work with our planned low speed cruising late this spring. I wouldn't recommend using just a hand held gps to go anywhere other than main routes without a high level of experience. We did after losing our computer navigational system with very little experience but we had come along way with little time to spare and didn't want to waste it tied up at a dock.

The nobletec software sends a audio message when on a navigational route that lets you know when you reach each waypoint the magnetic compass bearing and distance to the next waypoint. It keeps repeating this every few seconds. My hearing is poor and I wanted to still be able to hear Jo-Lee so instead of just using the computer speakers or having computor sound connected to a better speaker which I do now, I had the sound going into one ear via earpiece. This may sound like overkill but if you ever do go through Rocky Pass you will see why we did it this way.

Jay
Wayne McCown

City/Region: Rochester
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Little Mac
Photos: Little Mac
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Response to Jay Reply with quote

Dear Jay:

Many thanks! I am impressedI

Cordially, Wayne
Hunkydory

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below are the working links to the YouTube videos of our 2004 Alaska cruise. The 2nd part ends with our near disaster in the Ford Terror Inlet rapids.

part 1 http://youtu.be/B6vfoz72nfQ
Part 2 http://youtu.be/rc1Fzm2BTj8

Jay
Ashley Lynn

City/Region: Panhandle
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Ashley Lynn
Photos: Ashley Lynn
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay, I would love to see a video of the bear you said was swimming towards the kayakers that were camped on an island----the story was hair-raising in itself.

Boating, where its ok to play with your dinghy!
Hunkydory

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I wished now I would have saved it & the other 29 that I edited to fit into this travelogue of our 2007 Alaska cruise. http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=6392&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 When I deleted my paid for account with MyDea, all the edited video clips were lost. Of course, I have the original video converted to video disc, but these are all fairly poor clarity raw footage of the complete trip for my own enjoyment & once was enough to endure the long process of editing to share. I may have gone the route of converting them all to YouTube & then inserting them back into the travelogue, but when the editing limit was set to 30 minutes that option & my desire to work again with the video was burned out.

Jay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Grand Adventures All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: