The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Sewage operations aboard my Tomcat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Wastewater Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
journey on

City/Region: Valley Centre
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: journey on
Photos: Journey On
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting fitting. The pumpouts we've used have a rubber fitting on the end, which seals the deck fitting. No screw-in adapter needed. For example, this is what we used at Swan Marina in Olympia, Wa and Chula Vista, Ca, so I supposed that was standard. Indeed those rubber ends look like the tapered hose shown in the Fisheries ad.

Try that fitting, and if it doesn't work, return it. West Marine is good about that.

We often pump out on land, with the boat on the trailer, since we also Journey on as an RV. To dump the holding tank, I fit a normal dump hose with a "Easy Slip Elbow & Adapter" ( Elbow Adapter) . I shove one end of the hose in the RV sewer and hold the elbow adapter (which has a nice soft seal) over the macerator outlet port on the port side of the boat. Then, and only than, Judy turns on the macerator pump. When the pump cycles, Judy turns off the pump, I flush the side of the boat and the hose and, viola, we're done.

I've also located the holding tank vent line. As Bob said, it comes off the top port side of the tank. What had me fooled was that it came down, laid across the bilge, and then up the inside of the boat to the vent fitting. With that routing, guess what? The vent got filled with water (and other stuff) and wasn't a vent anymore. Another winter project.

If the dear reader gets a feeling that I'm very involved with the sewage system on Journey On, you're correct. There's a lot of stuff that goes through there in a summer.
Lucky Day

City/Region: Churchton
State or Province: MD
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Lucky Day
Photos: Lucky Day
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, gents, for the information and the link. I'll check it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Wastewater Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: