View previous topic :: View next topic  
MOOSE

City/Region: Rainy Lake - Int'l. Falls
State or Province: MN
C-Dory Year: 2001
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: MOOSE
Photos: MOOSE
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Fishfinder Optimization Reply with quote

The MOOSE is equipped with a Raymarine L760RC color chartplotter/fishfinder. Yet, despite having used it for several years now, I confess to still being confused over the utility of some of the fishfinder functions. I've read the manual numerous times about the Bottom Lock, White Line, and A-Scope features, to name but a few. I've even selected them a few times, but soon revert to my standard settings which don't include them. How do you folks that fish like to set up your sonar units? What functions do you find especially valuable and for what reasons? I'd to get better at harnessing some of the power I have on board.
Al

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could help more but I dont use any of those. the a scope is a left over from another time. I cant read a thing on that setting. I know there is a art to it but the modern fishfinder works better for me. The differnce between d.o.s. and windows I think. As for the bottom white line, thats just for seeing the bottom better. I have been told that It can be used to show the differance between the bottom and sturgeon or halibut but have little practice with it yet. bottom lock can also be helpful with uneven bottoms and bottom hugging fish.bottom lock moves the depth change to the top of the water column. this makes the ruff bottom appear flat which should help locate fish and bait very close to the bottom.

I have been playing with the power setting more then anything else. some times I can see krill which is ok but can be confussing if you think they are fish. so adjust the power and the krill go away so you can see the fish. also adjust it to see clouds of shrimp on the bottom.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: