View previous topic :: View next topic  
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: San jaun snow!!! Reply with quote

Just sitting at home and looked up the cams for the san juan ferry's. Well theres about two feet of snow at orcas island ferry terminal. I have been snowed on there before but never enough to stick. Iam only 60 miles or less south and we only have rain.
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note Note Note It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... Note Note Note

My buddy Jon just posted some winter Freshwater Bay photos...sounds like it's dumping out there as well. Hopefully, it will drive a few of the Californians out. Xmas Naughty

Da Barn

C-Lou Digs

Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is just starting to get serious here on Guemes Is. across from Anacortes. 1/4" on the ground, but it is coming down. It is supposed to get cooler over the next two days. Might even hit the mid 20's.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
starcrafttom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking for all former californains who lived above 2000ft, this state could use some more snow. I loved living in the pollock pine area with 8 ft of snow or more every year. I wish that marysville got a little more snow. It seems the line for snow is just north of us.
Dreamer

City/Region: Really Sunny SaddleBrooke
State or Province: AZ
Photos: Dreamer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 3" on the ground in Sequim at 800' level. 2" downtown. Snowing heavily, visibility 300-400'. Thank goodness for lots of leftover turkey and a full wine cellar!

Once a C-Brat, always a C-Brat

Dreamer- Sold 25 Feb. 2013
starcrafttom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the last five mintues it has started snowing here in marysville. About a 1/2 inch on the ranger so far sticking to the street too. I hate snow days, yeah right!!!!!!!
ckjackson

City/Region: Port Townsend
C-Dory Year: 1991
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: It's beginning to look a lot like...Spokane. Reply with quote

We've been getting heavy snow from about 12:30, but the accumulation is only about 1/2 inch so far. It is coming in smaller flakes now, so I'm guessing it's time to hunker down.

One problem with working for yourself and from home: there is no such thing as a snow day...just days with snow. However, I'm thinking I may play hooky a bit. Time to tie leaders and work on fishing gear.

Keith
oldgrowth

City/Region: Rochester
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Voyager
Photos: C-Voyager
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starcrafttom wrote:
Speaking for all former californains who lived above 2000ft, this state could use some more snow. I loved living in the pollock pine area with 8 ft of snow or more every year. I wish that marysville got a little more snow. It seems the line for snow is just north of us.

Tom - if you really want more snow, move to Darrington. It is less than a 40 mile commute to Marysville and probably not real bad traffic. It has high peaks on three sides so the cold should roll down and keep the town colder than normal. The town's elevation is 550 feet and it is at the base of the Cascades.
________
Dave

Last edited by oldgrowth on Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Chubby Bunny

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 1998
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Jenny G
Photos: Jenny G
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's snowing here in Magnolia about 600' up so I went to Ballard to check on the Jenny G but it's just sleeting along the ship canal. She did have a bit of ice on deck but nothing scary. Shore power and heater are fired up just to keep the chill off of her.
R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Snow in B'Ham Reply with quote

Meanwhile in Bellingham.....Very early this morning it really looked good outside, like most of it had melted from yesterday. Could actually see the pavement. I'm thinking this is great......well, within minutes after that thought the white stuff started coming down and has not ceased..., The 2x6 handrails on the deck presently have about eight inches of snow sitting on them...

A friend of mine lives on Vancouver Island (Saanich) and just emailed me some photos to show that they've got snow there, too.

This gray weather doesn't bother me but Joe's muttering something about going south for the winter.....

Ruth and Joe
R-Matey
Luna C

City/Region: Lake Goodwin/Center Island
C-Dory Year: 2019
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Panthera
Photos: Luna C
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..... and then there are the crazies from Luna C! (Remember, small craft advisories don't apply to us). We left Center Island today about 11:00 with snow falling heavily and a very high tide. With the Wallas to keep us warm and a fan blowing on the windshield - not to mention radar and GPS - we made it safely across Rosario. Then, of course, we had the fun of taking the boat out via sling launch in the freezing snow. By the time we were in the truck, we were WET and COLD. Just another day for those crazy Ericksons!

Reported by Janet -- not Chris Smile

JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Snow in B'Ham Reply with quote

R-Matey wrote:
This gray weather doesn't bother me but Joe's muttering something about going south for the winter.....

Ruth and Joe
R-Matey

Hi Joe and Ruth.

Some might take this as rubbing salt in a wound, but to give you an idea about this "south" stuff: We cruised around in Wild Blue today before pulling her out late this afternoon... 81º and sunny, nice breeze. It took a while to scrub the bottom again (I'll be glad to get the bottom paint on this week). It was dark before I got the grill fired up to make some tasty Cuban pork. Joan and I ate out on the deck (it was still 76º at 7:00 pm) by candle-light. Only down side: no view of Wild Blue at the dock tonight.

There is a cold front coming later this week (perhaps the same system that you are dealing with right now); the local weather weasels are already talking about it.

Sorry to hear about the evil white stuff. We all know those folks who think it is beautiful... they are generally not the ones who have to shovel it... or drive in it... or have to wear layer upon layer to be out in it. We have been spending winters in the Tropical Tip of Texas to get away from the snow.

Good luck getting past this; hopefully the thaw comes before next Saturday... Anthony's somehow won't be the same if you can't see the marina because of the driving snow! Xmas Eek

Best wishes,
Jim

starcrafttom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... 81º and sunny, nice breeze.

Its offical james.. I hate you.. not really we love the snow. Until cows learn to sh!t in piles texans will never ski.

I love the change of the seasons and driving in snow. I mean with out snow winter is just cold. With snow its fun!!!

right now we have about 3 inches on the grass and two on the street. susan is calling in tomorrow. She can drive in the snow but I dont trust the clowns they have driving buses around here. better to stay home.
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey - it snowed here a little bit ago! It's 35º and it didn't stick, but it snowed. Now it's raining again. It won't stick at my house anyway. It never snows where I live. Three miles away they can have a foot, and my yard gets nothing. Been like that as long as I can remember. Sometimes I'll get a light covering just to tease me, but it always melts a couple hours later with the rain. It just ain't fair.

I should get to drive in a little of it on the way to work in the morning, though.

starcrafttom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike I wonder what causes the warmer air temps just around your house???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: