The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Salmon Fishing - Puget Sound

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Salmon Fishing - Puget Sound Reply with quote

Hey C-Brats, I just wanted to start a new thread about Salmon Fishing in Puget Sound. I know there were others but just wanted to start fresh. Please feel free to use this thread to share tips, pics and stories about salmon fishing on the sound.

Has anybody been out there recently with all the bad weather? Any blackmouth reports? I've been planning to go out, I've got all the gear I'm gonna need. I just need the time and weather to go out there and fish.

Peter (motivated Salmon Seeker)
C-Dancer

Email: pjamero@gmail.com
amy and karl

City/Region: Graham
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-DAISY
Photos: C-DAISY
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: puget sound blackmouth Reply with quote

Hi there, we went out two Sundays ago and managed one keeper @ 22 1/4 inches. Fished most of the morning in the vicinity of Pt. Defiance. Lots and lots of shakers.

Karl
C-Daisy
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was out a couple of weeks ago also. We fished Bait Box (SE corner of Whidbey) and the west side of Possession bar. Got about 20 shakers and one just legal (23") keeper blackmouth. Peter - PM me or give me a call if you want to go out, I'll be happy to go with/take you.

Roger

Jazzmanic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger, I'll definitely PM you. I've been itching to go but with the weather and other things going on, I haven't been able to get out there. Today would have been good but I have family in town. Maybe next Saturday?

Peter
Cutty Sark

City/Region: Kenmore, Sammamish Slough
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Cutty Sark
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went Blackmouth fishing yesterday, Fished PnP, and the Po Bar. The bar had lots of fish holding on the east side in 80-110 feet of water. Lots of smaller fish, with some legals mixed in. Using a green and white coyote, we were getting a mixed bag of size. Switched over to a 5 inch silver horder plug, and that helped keep the smaller fish off. We let go of numerous fish that were legal, but still only 22-24 inches. Kept one that was pretty nice, nothing real special though. The good news is I think it will be a really good blackmouth winter by the looks of it. I will probably hit the bar again next weekend if the weather is good. Let me know if you guys are going and I'll keep an ear out for you.

Sark

P.S. Saw two lucky fish on the bar too. How did you guys do?
Jazzmanic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site amy and karl. Please feel free to contribute to this thread for any of your fishing exploits. Nice pics by the way.

Sark, sounds like you had a good day. We'll let you know if we go out next weekend, as it stands right now, that's my plan. I've been wondering about Two Lucky Fish, I haven't seen Mac on this site for awhile. Mac, if you read this, why don't you check in?

Peter
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if mac is onthe bar he's crabbing. just mark his pots and e-mail me the numbers. Mac is the crab daddy. I was fishing saturday with susan at baby island on the east side of whidbey island near holms harbour. Wee caught and released a lot of just under 22inch fish that were fat. one looked like a small foot ball. I did land on 14 inch shaker that was bite clean in half and I do mean clean. had to bea shark of some sort, everything else around hear has jagged teeth. After the bite died down we ran to columbia beach by the ferry at clinton. We nailed one 7 lbs black mouth and a lot of little ones. I talked to one guy at the ramp who was jigging possision point on the west side. he was into a lot of fish and had one big guy breack him off.
Jeff_e_d

City/Region: Snohomish
C-Dory Year: 1998
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Miss Mirth
Photos: Miss Mirth
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made it out to Area 10 last week for a couple of days. Meadow Pt gets overlooked in my opinion, right off of Shilshole launch. One day I got a 8lber and another 23"er. The next day I had constant action of fish between 18"s and 22"s and released them all. It was nice to get out again.
Jazzmanic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report Jeff. We haven't taken the boat out in two months, mostly due to this lousy weather but also lack of time. Hopefully, I'll be able to use the pointers from next week's blackmouth seminar and get out fishing later this month.

Hopefully we'll see you out on the water again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: