The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

04/30 - 05/02 - Lopez Island Opening Weekend
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to all of you "fellow C-Brat participants" at the Lopez Gathering for contributing to such a great weekend. It was certainly much better weather than we experienced last year! The potluck dinner was outstanding! It was great renewing friendships from previous gatherings and to gain new friendships with our new members.

This was especially eventful for me as finally Carol and Jessica were able to spend the night sleeping on the boat (read....Super Sized Sea Shift) with "Honey Dog" and me. They even said that they slept well.

Special thanks to Jeff Messmer (the Boat Guy) from C-Dory who performed a little "fine tuning" for Sea Shift and to Bill (Da Nag) for assisting me in moving my "electronic learning curve" up a notch!

Our cruise home was with Brock (Bambina), until he had to take a different heading towards home. Pat and Patty Anderson (Daydream) continued with us to Clark Island before we cruised our vessels on back to Twin Bridges.

On our way to Clark Island, we were hailed over via "people waving their arms" on a sailboat requesting assistance as they had lost their engine and were not interested in attempting to sail through Peavine Pass and Obstruction Pass. So, we contacted U. S. Coast Guard and stood by until two large Coast Guard Auxillary Vessels arrived. (Another good deed) Laughing

C-Brat #16
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, just got the last of my photos up - there are now a total of 114 pix of Lopez! If you ain't in 'em you must not have really been there! Please go edit the captions and identify yourself, too much work for me!

Tim & Judy - I hope you don't mind, I downloaded your picture of the C-Pod and cropped, brightened and sharpened it a bit and put it back up with appropriate credit as the highlight photo - didn't get any shots of the C-Pod myself...

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Jon - CLou

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Lou
Photos: C-Lou and Pee Wee
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, Cynthia and I heard the entire distress call. We were about 5 to 10 miles in the Strait Of Juan De Fuca and your radio sounded like we were talking next to each other, fantastic! And we think you sounded fantastic on the radio also, nice job on taking charge. Just another day at work for Fireman Dave, eh?
Jon
Jon - CLou

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Pat, who's photo of the ling cod is that?
Jon
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, how do I explain this to my wife. I thought I was there. All be it only Friday afternoon, evening and Sat morning.

Quote:
OK, just got the last of my photos up - there are now a total of 114 pix of Lopez! If you ain't in 'em you must not have really been there!

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
DaveS

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna Leigh wrote:
Boy, how do I explain this to my wife. I thought I was there. All be it only Friday afternoon, evening and Sat morning.

Quote:
OK, just got the last of my photos up - there are now a total of 114 pix of Lopez! If you ain't in 'em you must not have really been there!

David, I'll vouch for you.....I'd never forget seeing one of the "brewsky bros." at a gathering. Beer Beer Beer
DaveS

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon - CLou wrote:
Just another day at work for Fireman Dave, eh?
Jon

I figure that I don't need to join the CG Aux, because my percentages of rendering assistance on the water is probably as good or better than the Aux vessels. (That's the second time in that same area that I've had someone waving their arms at me for assistance). I'm almost to the point of not being able to remember all the other times elsewhere on the water.
(Although any "memory deficit" at this time could probably be attributed to age Disgust ).
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a gathering. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Sure wish some of us right coasters could have been there, looks like you had a great time. Laughing

Hate to ask again, but could someone spend a few minutes for us non-attendees and put some names with those faces? It helps to keep us in the picture Photo so to speak. I know they all can't be Pat Anderson, particularly the little doggie (Oscar?)

Thanks!! When we post pix of our Potomac River Cruise in June, we'll caption them so you can see usn's too.

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The picture of the fish on the floor of the cockpit is the fish I caught after you guys left, if that is what you are referring to...Caught it between Speiden and Cactus, right in the middle of the channel. I thought it looked like a ling, but at the cleaning table, others said they didn't think it was a ling, maybe a Pacific cod or something.
Jon - CLou wrote:
Hey Pat, who's photo of the ling cod is that?
Jon
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops - well, Dave S will vouch for you! Wink I guess the camera didn't come out until a little later on Saturday.

Anna Leigh wrote:

Quote:
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am working on putting names on pix - it takes more than a "few minutes" though! Everybody, please scan through and fill in the blanks!
Captains Choice wrote:
Wow, what a gathering. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Sure wish some of us right coasters could have been there, looks like you had a great time. Laughing

Hate to ask again, but could someone spend a few minutes for us non-attendees and put some names with those faces? It helps to keep us in the picture Photo so to speak. I know they all can't be Pat Anderson, particularly the little doggie (Oscar?)

Thanks!! When we post pix of our Potomac River Cruise in June, we'll caption them so you can see usn's too.

Charlie
Da Nag

C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, made it back home yesterday evening. You fine NorWesterner's are making it harder and harder to cross those state lines in a southerly direction...

My head is filled with great memories...there's far too little space and time to relive them all here. 'Tis truly special when this many great folks get together in one place.

Posted another few pages of pics in the Lopez album. Looking forward to the next one!

Bess-C

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Bess-C
Photos: Bess-C
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lopez Island was a wonderful break for us during our busiest time of the year. The people, the weather, the food, the fishing (well, maybe not the fishing) were all great. I'm always amazed at the food that appears at these gatherings. Our motivation to get to this weekend was very high. On Thursday we thought that we wouldn't be able to leave Friday, but by Friday afternoon we were on our way. Saturday at Lopez was one of the best times since we picked up the boat exactly one year earlier. Steve and Larry, we do need more 25's at these gatherings. I hope you both can make Blakely.
Lyle & Shelley

17 Center Console C-Dory 10/16
Jon - CLou

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat, you're right, that's a ling cod. I think someone was poking fun when they said it was a pacific cod. Check out the marine fish identification on page 98 of the new Washington fishing pamphlet. Those photos represent the fish very well.
Jon
eieioh

City/Region: Gig Harbor
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Brave Heart
Photos: Brave Heart
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Lapez Island Reply with quote

Dreams really do come true! Now that we’ve sailed lazily in, out and around the magnificent San Juan’s, feasted on crab, smoked salmon and freshly caught ling cod, knocked back 2-buck chuck, quaffed finely crafted ales, early morning Da Latte, gunk holed in glorious style, all in the midst of the company of great friends, what can there be left to live for?. Ah yes! SF Bay Delta, Lake Roosevelt, Blakely Island. Praise the Poseidon! There is Life after Lopez. See ya’ll at the next port o’call.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: