The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

2004 C-Brat Events in Washington State / Oregon
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: 2004 C-Brat Events in Washington State / Oregon Reply with quote

OK, here is the current version of the simple list...mark your calendars and make whatever other arrangments are necessary to be able to attend...

March - Jerrell's Cove State Park - Friday 3/26 to Sunday 3/28

April - Cathlamet - Saturday 4/10 to Sunday 4/11

May - Lopez Islander - Friday 4/30 to Sunday 5/2

June - Lake Roosevelt - Friday 6/4 to Sunday 6/6

July - Blakely Island - Friday 7/16 to Sunday 7/18

September - Langley

October - Sequim Bay - Friday 10/1 to Sunday 10/3

November - Deception Pass Marina (a new tradition?)

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Last edited by Pat Anderson on Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:15 am; edited 12 times in total
Chivita

City/Region: Hansville
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Chivita
Photos: Chivita
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea to get these cruises scheduled now!

How about a "kid based" cruise somewhere in there? I'm not sure where such a cruise could take place, but I know that some of our younger crew would enjoy something of that nature. Blake Island has a nice area for both boat camping and tent camping, decent beaches, some good paths to hike on and a small sandwich/ice cream store, but I'm sure there are other great places as well that someone could suggest.

If I remember correctly there were some suggestions of treasure hunts, a pirate water balloon fight and such. I'd be happy to take the lead on this if we have enough interest as my crew really enjoyed meeting and messing around with their fellow Brat crew members.

Chivita Dave
Anita Marie

City/Region: Oak Harbor
Vessel Name: Anita Marie
Photos: Anita Marie and Little Buddy
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier I mentioned Blakely in March but I like the idea of a south sound trip in March. How about Jerrel Cove, Penrose Point or Longbranch as a possible overnight destination? We have been rained out twice so the third time has to be a charm.
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chivita wrote:

How about a "kid based" cruise somewhere in there? I'd be happy to take the lead on this

Chivita Dave

Hi Chivita Dave,
Being a "kid" I thought all of these cruises were "kid based"....you know..."the difference in the men and the boys is the price of the toys"....ha!
Seriously, go for it and take the lead, I'm sure others would be interested.

C-Brat #16
DaveS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred and Robbin,
South Sound in March sounds good to me!

Pat,
If I didn't mention it before, in a month or so, I'll make the arrangements and tend to the details for the Lopez Islander Opening Weekend of Boating Season Cruise. (Should be the weekend of 5/1 and 5/2). Thumbs Up

Day Cruises are always good!
Lynn Marie

City/Region: Redmond
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1997
Photos: Lynn Marie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of a cruise schedual. What about some sort of calender of C-Brat events? Maybe one of the nerd brothers could cook something up for us before boating and fishing season. Location could be in the dates with italics for tentative and CAPS FOR CONFIRMED.

Tim

DaveS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS_Rick wrote:
Earlier I mentioned Blakely in March but I like the idea of a south sound trip in March.

Guess, I'll throw my sailor "hat in the ring" and suggest March 27 and 28. It appears that, that would be the first "organized cruise" for the new "Sea Shift". CoolSmile
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I edited the top message to put in the two suggested dates for March and May, assume will continue to do so as this evolves, or the nerdlies make us a real calendar of events! Location of south sound event - I like Jerrell Cove, what is everyone else's thought? Jerrell Cove is a state park, and lots of room to anchor if can't tie up to dock...another good location would be Joemma State Park on the Key Peninsula.
Lynn Marie wrote:
I like the idea of a cruise schedual. What about some sort of calender of C-Brat events? Maybe one of the nerd brothers could cook something up for us before boating and fishing season. Location could be in the dates with italics for tentative and CAPS FOR CONFIRMED.

Tim
B~C

City/Region: Bend
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

South Sound, end of March? I'm all for that, sign me up.

A thought;
Salmon fishing is pretty HOT in the big pond in August but moorage can be hard to come by later in the month...a pod of C-Dories crossing the bar....what a sight that would be.....come on down and get a picture of your boat next to the CR bouy

Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chivata - I think you just volunteered!

Chivita wrote:

How about a "kid based" cruise somewhere in there? I'm not sure where such a cruise could take place, but I know that some of our younger crew would enjoy something of that nature. Blake Island has a nice area for both boat camping and tent camping, decent beaches, some good paths to hike on and a small sandwich/ice cream store, but I'm sure there are other great places as well that someone could suggest.

If I remember correctly there were some suggestions of treasure hunts, a pirate water balloon fight and such. I'd be happy to take the lead on this if we have enough interest as my crew really enjoyed meeting and messing around with their fellow Brat crew members.

Chivita Dave
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If not an open time slot, let's keep an open mind about a lower Columbia sturgeon fest in June or very early July.

I have commitments to both a Senior and a Junior fisherguys. The kid with the dog is going to spend a couple of days of one week, with his folks and their boat coming to pick him up on the weekend. That same weekend, we're going to get the Duster on the river. If Senior's Junior is too busy to get out of the shop, then J&CL say they can get Dusty down here.

So, you two, start bugging your minders about this. Time is short and the fish are long.

As for the rest of you, the river is pretty wide down at the end, so it will float as many boats as can make it.

Last edited by TyBoo on Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
B~C

City/Region: Bend
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya...a sturgeon fest...great idea...I'll bet we could make that event, be worth the price of admission just on the off chance you may get to see Mike have a fish run him around the boat like last year....
MAN, I'm so ready for the dark, rainy season to end, I don't know if this talk of cruising and fishing is helping me any
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good ideas, guys. I like the South Sound in March idea. Jerrell Cove, the place that three boats and about 10 Brats visited on a day cruise out of Olympia last year, is a winner. But Longbranch is fun, too. Penrose has a park dock, and may just be available in late March. That would mean we eschew Olympia, unless that became our Saturday cruise. Fine by me.
Let's squeeze Blake Island in there somewhere, because that little jewel is pretty special. If we rendezvous there before the herd, we can have the place somewhat to ourselves. Let's schedule Blake at a time when the yacht clubs won't be there.
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick a date for Blake Island! In February? Too soon? Too cold? I wonder if we will get a call from Messmer that he is at Blakely and where the heck are we? Wink (Just kidding, Jeff - we will probably have to explain that one to you one of these days!)

Catman wrote:
Good ideas, guys. I like the South Sound in March idea. Jerrell Cove, the place that three boats and about 10 Brats visited on a day cruise out of Olympia last year, is a winner. But Longbranch is fun, too. Penrose has a park dock, and may just be available in late March. That would mean we eschew Olympia, unless that became our Saturday cruise. Fine by me.
Let's squeeze Blake Island in there somewhere, because that little jewel is pretty special. If we rendezvous there before the herd, we can have the place somewhat to ourselves. Let's schedule Blake at a time when the yacht clubs won't be there.
Lynn Marie

City/Region: Redmond
C-Dory Year: 1997
Photos: Lynn Marie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BC,
You better round up a couple extra kids looking for extra credit at school this year. Sounds like the makins for a sturgeon party and we'll need to help em with bait. Don't want them fishing with the wrong worms.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: