The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Swim Step(s) on a CD22 twin.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swee Pea

City/Region: Bath
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Swee Pea
Photos: Swee Pea
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't sleep this morning so I was surfing the internet. Now don't BLAST me, but I "snuck" over to the Cape Cruiser site Wink to sniff around, just to see "wasup". I went to the options page and saw a hand hold they use on their swim platform. I wanted to post the picture in this message but I don't know how. Question Anyway, was wondering if this handhold idea would be of any use to us Brats with a swim platform? Maybe one of you more sophisticated computer users can post the picture and see reactions?

John
Swee Pea
Grumpy

City/Region: Whidbey Is
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: Kingfisher II
Photos: Kingfisher
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since my original post which started this particular thread, I took our boat in for engine service and was delighted to find that Les has worked his miracles again and procured some more brackets stc. for his unique design which works with twin engines.

With dealers like EQ around I am not going to worry about factory service.

Our 11 year old grandson's first remark was. "Oh heck, now you are going to throw me overboard so I learn the recovery drill"

Think we will do that and see if he can find any of those fish that were supposed to come back with the rain !!

Merv & Kathy
MOOSE

City/Region: Rainy Lake - Int'l. Falls
State or Province: MN
C-Dory Year: 2001
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: MOOSE
Photos: MOOSE
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a somewhat poor photo of what we think is a great alternative. We got the idea from Yellowstone John. It's a three-step Garelick dive ladder that is removable and stores beautifully in the motor well. In use, two steps are in the water and one above. It is mounted just below the rear cabin bulkhead handrail which can be used as an assist when climbing out of the water. The mounting block attaches with four bolts to which I added a SS backerplate. It is sturdy and there is no "oil-canning" of the topsides, as John said, when in use. We like it because of its utility and compactness. It also keeps us from having to crawl across all that stuff at the transom.
Al

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: