RicksAmigo1

City/Region: Southern Idaho
State or Province: ID
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Amigo II
Photos: Amigo
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Weather Reply with quote

So how's the weather in your neck of the woods? Any of you Washington C-Brats hit any icebergs yet? We are getting slammed with snow in Idaho and extremely cold, windy weather (-7 F yesterday morning). Spent a lovely Christmas at Lake Mohave. It was a little chilly, but nothing like this.
Hopefully it will warm up in Seattle for the SBS and CBC.
Pat

TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had several days of cold and one day of snow and ice (yesterday). Freezing rain on top of the little bit of snow we had. It warmed to just above freezing overnite, but the roads on the north Oregon coast are still a mess. By noon today, it will typical NW Oregon weather.

All you can do is hope about the weather around here. Only a fool or a tourist predicts the weather in the NW, and I've lived here too long to be called a tourist, and I certainly don't profess to being a fool.

The SBS weather is anyone's guess, but the CBC will be hot!

Lynn Marie

City/Region: Redmond
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Lynn Marie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weather on our part of the Oregon coast is back to normal, warm and wet. By mid morning yesterday it was in the 30's then by afternoon it hit 47 degrees. Ours is nothing like what other folks have had. Even my two block walk to work doesn't compare to TyBoo's drive up the Columbia to the Wauna Mill. I only needed a jacket with hood for 30 degrees and light east wind while Mike was probably faced with low 20's and 20 mph, and we only live 25 miles apart. Those guys from Warrenton are tuff.
C-Hawk

City/Region: Carpinteria / Channel Islands
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: C-Hawk
Photos: C-Hawk
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got a cold snap here on my section of the coast. We expect to get all the way down to 60f today, bbrrrr. CoolSmile
We were cold and wet for Christmas and New Years, heck, I even had to put on an extra shirt to go pig hunting on the 2nd.

KJ6VVB
A Brat I am, At sea I be
God is Great, Beer is Good.... and People are Crazy
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Weather Reply with quote

Well, funny you should ask! We have just come through Snowstorm 2004 here in Western Washington, rain is falling on snow this morning, and it is slippery out there! I live at the top of a steep hill, and today is the first day that I have felt I could not try go down it. I will just see how it goes throughout the day. Ice on tree branches and powerlines has left us without power - 'puter is running on the trusty old Costco Generac, which powers the downstairs. Our temperatures until today have ranged from the single digits up north to the teens and 20s down here (Cascade foothills east of Seattle) - I know not cold for you Idaho types but frigid to us here, used to it being in the 40s and 50s fall, winter, spring and summer!

RicksAmigo1 wrote:
So how's the weather in your neck of the woods? Any of you Washington C-Brats hit any icebergs yet? We are getting slammed with snow in Idaho and extremely cold, windy weather (-7 F yesterday morning). Spent a lovely Christmas at Lake Mohave. It was a little chilly, but nothing like this.
Hopefully it will warm up in Seattle for the SBS and CBC.
Pat

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

TyBoo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad lives southeast of Portland a little ways, and they got a lot more freezing rain. Here's an email from him we got this morning:

Think warm and dry,,, Because thats all you can do in this weather.
I thought i would be smart this morning and go down and get the paper. Slid all the way to the street on my bottom . The worst part was trying to get back up to the house afterward. Had to work my way up the lawn one step at a time, didnt think i would ever make it. I was frozen time i got to the house. The streets here are solid ice about 3 inches thick. I am going to stay in the house the rest of the day. This is the worst i have seen for many years. Also the paper wasnt there

If he wasn't so far away, I would go get his durn paper for him!
MOOSE

City/Region: Rainy Lake - Int'l. Falls
State or Province: MN
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: MOOSE
Photos: MOOSE
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not to brag, but we had -29F on Monday, January 5th, here in International Falls, aka "the Icebox of the Nation".
DaydreamC-26

City/Region: S.E.PA
State or Province: PA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Weather Reply with quote

Gee, it's a balmy 21 degrees, 20 mph wind, about -8 windchill back here on the right coast, north of Philly.

Just got back from purchasing a new collar for a roof vent pipe. don't think it's gettin' installed tuday!

Hope your ice melts soon.

B~C

City/Region: Bend
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reported to work on the 2nd and haven't been back since. We've had snow on the roads and now a layer of ice from the freezing rain. Folks go nuts around these parts at the sight of a few snow flakes, by gwad when I was a kid in Baker City I used to peddle my bike through 2' of snow and deliver papers every day in the cold and loved it...and that was just in the summer.
Poor boat cowers under it's ice coated cover.

pugetsounder

City/Region: Edmonds
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Haileigh's Comet
Photos: Haileigh's Comet
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halleliah! I had 2 extra days off school due to snow Very Happy ! I Love SNOW! I drank 3 cups of cocoa in 1 day Tea ! We have our own giant icicle in our yard. I took a picture of it Photo because it is just so special. Keep it up Father Winter Thumbs Up !

-H.P. Star
TyBoo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been driving that road to the mill for better'n 30 years, and don't recall it ever being shut down for snow or ice. And there's been way worse storms than this. Well, this year they have closed the one hill between here and there twice already. And it ain't even really snowed, yet! They had to close it today, because the freezing rain slicked it up so much that the DOT sanding truck slid off into the ditch - chains and all.
AK Angler

City/Region: South Central
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Rod Holder
Photos: Rod Holder
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, up here in the land of hard water we've been having some serious wind the last couple of days. Officially 63 MPH yesterday in Wasilla and unofficial reports between 70 and 90 MPH. Surprised Last night a tanker train derailed because the wind packed the tracks with sand from a nearby construction project. It happened during the evening commute on the only road across the Palmer Hay Flats and traffic was backed up for miles. Confused I got through just before it happened though. Mr. Green

And it's been cold, too. Right now I'm showing just about 5F at the house. That gives an official wind chill of about -40F here. And unofficially close to -50F. Shocked

brrrrrrrrrr......

And when the wind stops, I'll have to bundle up and go bust through the waist high snow drift at the end of my driveway if I want to go anywhere before the spring thaw. Cry

89CD16A- The Navicula has been sold...
wailedcentipede

City/Region: canada
State or Province: BC
Vessel Name: Blue Jay
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello everyone, well we had a arctic outflow wind for the last 5 days or so about 5-6 inches of snow, to-day started with freezing rain but warming up, back to normal i hope .... stay on the road ... lol ...wc
Mighty Bite

City/Region: Fairbanks, Alaska
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Mighty Bite
Photos: Mighty Bite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Fairbanks we had a low of -32 yesterday but it warmed up today and is only -9 right now. Supposed to have wind gusts to 40mph tonight and tomorrow in the hills.

Being an eternal optimist, I'm confident that the weather will be pretty good for the SBS. If not, I'll wear a shirt and long pants.

B~C

City/Region: Bend
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

our power was out last night and today...everything has about 3/4 of an inch of ice on it, freezing rain...bad.
Was watching the news yesterday and they covering the sinking of several pleasure boats in the Multnomah channel, it's seems the roof of the covered moorage iced up and came down takeing the boats with it. They where interviewing some boat owner and in the background I spied a 25' C-Dory with the name "Shearwater" on it....It appears SteveJ's boat was still floating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: