The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

2001 24 TomCat, $52,000 (Lake Champlain, VT)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zydecomo

City/Region: SHELBURNE
State or Province: VT
C-Dory Year: 2001
C-Dory Model: 24 Tomcat
Vessel Name: FanTC
Photos: FanTC
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: 2001 24 TomCat, $52,000 (Lake Champlain, VT) Reply with quote

I will sadly be selling my 2001 Tom Cat
twin Merc 115HP 4stroke Salt Water edition..Great engines!
SS 3blade props
spare composite props
Permatrim hydrofoils
Full Camperback with screens over all windows
privacy curtain berth
Auto pilot raymarine Sport Pilot Plus
Compass
Depth gauge
Elec Head 20 gal tank
Achohol stove near new
Shore Power
Battery charger
Anchor- fenders -lines-etc
2 axle EZLoader trailer..Hardly used

fresh water Brake wash Surge brakes
and more...
Built and delivered Oct 2001

Pics from last year Tent Severn trip in Photos under "FanTC"
$52,000 in the water ready to go. Located on Lake Champlain, VT May be able to deliver to buyer?
Zydecomo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Quick Sale FanTC Reply with quote

Ok, Here are more details about my Tom Cat 24
More photos coming when I can find them in my hard drive! The story on this boat is unique, It was purchased new by a elderly man from Indiana. He was the owner of a Marina with a wide selection of boats and slips to choose from. It ha twin Mercs Fuel Ingected 115 HP four strokes. These engines just purr and start up faster than my car. He used the boat aprox 1 year when his wife took ill. After which he used it very little other thank to maintain it. It was in fresh water in an Indiana reservoir for its whole life other than one quick trip to Florida for a couple of weeks. We trailered it to Vermont with stops in Ottowa on the Trent Severn Canal. Its been on Lake Champlain since. Everything work great! Bottom Paint good Hull solid Trailer excellent. It tracks like its on a rail and these motor are very efficient. I've been told Yamaha powerheads. Mercury dealers are everywhere. The only reason I'm selling is I have too many boat now (if that could happen to a guy) Well not so much too many boats but not enough space to store them. My original plan was to drive the Tom Cat to Florida and use it during the winter months and other visiting time. Thats not happening! It been a great solid boat here on Champlain. Please ask any question. Il be putting it on "Yacht World" this week ,to gain more exposure (loosing 10% on commision) So if your serious let me know soon as I could lower the price to cover some of the commision I wouldn't have to pay. This will be a great deal for someone. Oh yea. Located in Vermont. I could help figure out delivery, It tows easy on the EZLoader trailer

Phil Mo
<zydecomo@yahoo.com>
Zydecomo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Cabin Pictures now in FanTC photo alblum Reply with quote

For those of you who emailed me about more pictures, I was able to upload more cabin photos today for your observation. As you can see this boat has had much less than average use and is a real gem.
ken 120

City/Region: Sea Isle City,
State or Province: NJ
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Tom Cat Reply with quote

Hi:

Looks nice - How many hours on the engines?

Ken
Zydecomo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Motor hours Reply with quote

Hi Ken, I put on about 45 Hours in 2005. The previous owner (marina owner) had around 100 hrs. She has exceptionally low hours for a 2001 boat.
Phil
Zydecomo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Tom Cat for sale via Ebay? Reply with quote

I'm thinking of listing my 2001 Tom Cat on eBay. Does anyone have experience selling a boat on Ebay? What are the pro/cons of using them?
Thanks as always!
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Phil... Well... The last person who I saw attempt selling on ebay was an "experienced user of ebay..." and he had issues...

His email is bholub@ec.rr.com and it was a loaded 16 cruiser up your way somewhere.... I never found out if it sold on ebay or not.. but...this site aint ebay. For sure before I used ebay... I'd hook up with him.

He was not a member of the cbrat site till time to sell his boat.

Good luck...and you do have one fine boat. For sure in my humble opinion... if folks are looking at buying a new CD25 or CD22...and they can tow the TC24.... they should truly get on your boat.... particuarly us east coast folks...
Zydecomo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info....She is a fine boat with very few hours for a 2001. I have my son researching ebay now. It sounds like it will cost about $80 to list and sell a boat or car. and you can have a minimum price you are will to sell at. So worse case Your out about $45 if it doesnt sell. I find that people who look into C-Dorys have done the research and know the value of these boats. We will likely return to C-Dory ownership once our real estate, college tuitions and other commitments level out. Meantime someone else should enjoy this boat.
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil... have your son contact this cat before you put your cat on ebay..
Chinook1

City/Region: Anchorage
State or Province: AK
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this boat stil for sale?

Mike

Zydecomo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the boat is still available. My wife and I are camping and boating (in our other boat) around Lake Champlain and NY. We have infrequent inernet access so it has been hard to reply to all of the PM we have received. We do not plan to sell the boat while we are away but we do have a yacht broker who has the keys to show the boat and sell it if he can. Obviously I would prefer to sell on C-Brat site which is how I bought it. I will answer any questions ASAP depending on internet access.... Phil
El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear that you will be selling your boat, but sure understand the reason. We have such fond memories of meeting you two as we came down Lake Champlain last fall -- sure hope you stay in touch -- we'd enjoy doing some cruising together with you good folks. Good luck!
Zydecomo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: home port Reply with quote

For those of you I couldn't reach while traveling last week...We have arrived home and can show our Tom Cat anytime this week. Although someone from Long Island is due to take a look this afternoon. My school year starts next week so I would like to move things along while I have some free time. The boat is in the water ready for a test drive and weather looks great this week. The trailer is also ready. I have some limited time to possibly deliver within a few hundred miles.
Phil
Zydecomo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Price Reduced Reply with quote

As the deadline for my sales tax credit approaches I have decided I can reduce my sale price to $48,000. If I sell the boat this month I will get a return of sales tax on my most recent boat.
Zydecomo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,
Nice meeting you and I hope you enjoyed the ride. Let me know if I can answer any more questions about the boat. It was a fine day to go out for a cruise!
Phil
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: