The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Moosehead lake, Maine 7/28/2006

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTYankee

City/Region: Conn
State or Province: CT
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Crescent Girl
Photos: Crescent Girl
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Moosehead lake, Maine 7/28/2006 Reply with quote

Hi Brats,

Rick and Carol (Hunky Dory), Dave and Valerie (Widget) and Dun and Becky (Crescent Girl), are meeting on Moosehead Lake in northern Maine from July 28th to August 1st for some wilderness cruising. If there are any C-Brats out there, near or far, that would like to join us, give us a shout and we'll give you details. Should be fun.

I don't think we need a sign up sheet, Mike and Bill, but a photo album later will be appreciated. It's so remote for most folks that we doubt we'll have a crowd...but if we do, the more the merrier.

Dun (CTYankee)
Otter-BelleHavenMarina

City/Region: Alexandria
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: Otter
Photos: Otter
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish we could join you! Kathy and I had a very rustic honeymoon on Moosehead Lake 11 years ago. Beautiful country.

Have a great time!

CTYankee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike or Bill,

Three pairs of C-Brats were sighted on Mooshead Lake a few weeks ago. We had great weather, good food, outstanding scenery and even better company. I have a few pictures I'd like to post just to keep a record of our visit. Can you make me an album? Maybe Dave or Rick will post some too!

Dun (CTYankee)
billwoodhouse

City/Region: Hampstead
State or Province: NC
Vessel Name: OJOS VERDES
Photos: Ojos Verdes
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am contemplating a future Moosehead expedition and would greatly appreciate any suggestions from the AUG 06 C-Brat participants.

Thanx, Bill
CTYankee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

We had a great time and great weather in August on Moosehead Lake. I launched at Lily Bay State Park, where they have a good ramp, free dockage, and some very nice camping sites. The other two couples launched at the State Ramp right in Greenville, and kept their rigs on the large pier there. They stayed a night in The Moosehead Chalet Motel, which also has docks for guests.

We cruised from one end to the other and saw every town and bay in 3 days. We spent two nights at anchor, along with all the wildlife, saw moose and loons and caught no fish, but didn't try very hard. The scenery is magnificent and the small towns are interesting. You can get a Delorme map (shows depths, hazards and bouys) at the fishing outfitter in town, and all the groceries and supplies you might need there too. Fuel is available at a number of spots on the lake, and cell phone coverage is adequate.

All in all, a great, unspoiled large lake, prefect for a C-Dory. I have asked twice for a photo album but apparently the site managers didn't see my message. If you have any questions, IM me or post a reply. When are you going? Some of us may want to join you!

Dun (CTYankee)
Jeff Brigner

State or Province: TN
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Pearl
Photos: C-Pearl
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Maine trip Reply with quote

My wife Cathy and I are always up for a trip to Maine. That's a long way to drag a boat but I think we will love it. Let us know when dates are determined please.
CTYankee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Jeff, will do. We may do a cruise along the Maine coast next year instead of Moosehead, just for variety, so if you're interested, watch for the posts. Dave and Valerie (Widget) may be interested in Moosehead again, so check with them. They are much closer. For me, it's just a question of time and distance, and there is just too little of one, and too much of the other.

I see from your photos of the Gulf gathering that you met our pal Terry from NY. I hope you didn't succumb to his promise of "the more Red Cat the better".

Dun (CTYankee)
billwoodhouse

City/Region: Hampstead
State or Province: NC
Vessel Name: OJOS VERDES
Photos: Ojos Verdes
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize to CTYankee and to Jeff for seemingly having dropped off the face of the earth! Distractions and preparations for a rabbit-hunting and ice-fishing trip to Maine later this month.
As a result of a fishing trip by canoe to Allagash Lake in '05 and also conversations with Rick Sylvester of Seboomook Wilderness Campground later that year, plus the acquisition of our C-Dory in Jan. '06 and a wonderful boaterhome/snorkeling trip to Key Largo in June, I talked to my friends in Maine about a May trip to Moosehead for togue.
Right now it seems that we will not be able to pull this off in '07, however, due to the success of my wife's consulting business, which she launched in July. Right now, she is afraid not to go full blast through the summer in order to avoid loosing clients. I appreciate, CTY, the response and the info. Let's see what we can make happen in '08.
Thanx, Bill
Jeff Brigner

State or Province: TN
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Pearl
Photos: C-Pearl
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Maine trip Reply with quote

Otay Bill...I will look forward to an update. Good luck on the new business venture. Maine 08 it is. Thumbs Up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: