The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Unofficial Apostle Islands Mini-gathering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TK Grand

City/Region: Sioux Falls
State or Province: SD
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: TK Grand
Photos: TK Grand
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Unofficial Apostle Islands Mini-gathering Reply with quote

While not an organized event, Susan and I will be cruising the Apostle Islands of Lake Superior from June 17-24, 2006. We are hoping to connect with Gary & Bonnie on "Winyah" and Chris & Family on "Scout". Any other C-Dory folks in area during that time?

Richard & Susan on TK Grand
MOOSE

City/Region: Rainy Lake - Int'l. Falls
State or Province: MN
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: MOOSE
Photos: MOOSE
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be on the Canadian shore up around St. Ignace Island. I'm taking extra gas, but not enough to get me to the Apostles!
Al

Chris Bulovsky

City/Region: Washburn
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 1998
Vessel Name: SCOUT
Photos: SCOUT
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope to meet you. I would like to get out to Stockton Island to chase bears and swim. Weather pending.

Its been cool this week Mid 30's at night. It can only get warmer. If your Kid or kids don't have wet suits consider it for Lake Superior swimming. Also some for us big kids. It may be a little early for swimming but you never know. The cold water doesn't seem to bother my tribe.

See you soon.

Christopher Bulovsky
Washburn Wi
TK Grand

City/Region: Sioux Falls
State or Province: SD
C-Dory Year: 2002
Vessel Name: TK Grand
Photos: TK Grand
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al, thanks for chiming in. I guess we'll have to catch you another time. Your area looks might interesting too but we've yet to get over there so far.

Chris, I'll pass on your suggestions to my daughter and son-in-law. I doubt that they'll come equipped to do any lake swimming. My grand kids are 3 and 5. They'll be plenty excited just to be on the boat or to walk on the sand. They just returned from spending some beach time at San Diego a couple of weeks ago so they'll have to adjust to the temperatures of Lake Superior alright (even the air temperatures). My last cruise of the Apostles was in late July 03 and we had night time temperatures in the upper 40's & 50's. I knew I'd get cooler weather by coming in June but that was intentional on my part as I like cool weather cruising.

Richard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: