The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Would like to tour a 16' C-Dory - SE US (North Carolina)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray Downes

City/Region: Raleigh
State or Province: NC
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Would like to tour a 16' C-Dory - SE US (North Carolina) Reply with quote

Hello and greetings to all of you, and thank you all for creating this wealth of information on the C-Dory line.

I’m not a C-dory owner at this time, but am very intrigued with the C-dory design. I have yet to see one in person, and hence the reason for this post. I live near Raleigh, North Carolina, and am interested in seeing first-hand either of the 16’s. Half-day trips instate or to South Carolina or Virginia would probably be best per my current work schedule. I realize there’s a dealer in/near Wilmington, North Carolina but I’d like to get the “real-use” experiences/opinions of an owner if possible.

My background – I’m a experienced amateur boater, grew up on the north shore of Long Island (New York) and have owned (past & current):

10’ 25SSH Marchetti (hydroplane)
12’ Grumman Aluminum utility
21’ Four Winns Sundowner
16’ Lowe Sea Nymph

My ’04 Honda BF50 is desperately embarrassed the transom it’s hanging on, and seeks to be on a better boat.
Rabidfish
Dealer

City/Region: Noblesville, Indiana
State or Province: IN
Vessel Name: Les Poisson Enrage'
Photos: Rabidfish
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marchetti ??? Now that's a blast from the past!

Man those things were fast... and they needed to be. Took on water like a sponge! If you ever broke down, the'd sink so fast you'd be wringing water out of the motor Shocked

Mine sank at least a half dozen times...

Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray... for some reason a large percentage of your fellow NC C-Dory owners do not list the type of C-Dory they own on our site. This effects our ability to help others...but...they have at least signed on.

Now...a couple of things... You are not far from a pretty new used 16' C-Dory that is for sell in Oak Island, NC... Not sure how much the guy wants...he has just joined our C-Brats when it was time for him to sell his boat...and he appears to be an E-Bay freak...and will post it on Thursday. Again, a bit different than the way folks generally post used boats on our site. I have emailed him and asked HOW MUCH... with a response that he is in sales ...on the road....and will catch up on all emails later in the week. Hummm Would it not have been quicker to just put a dollar sign and some numbers? Oh well..

Another point... is I know of not a single dealer selling NEW C-Dory boats that will sell you a line of ....."shinola".... and not be right up front. OR....I feel sure he will not be a dealership long... They are selling more of them than they can make and ship now...so we/they can be real picky on the dealers... (Note: I am not a dealer myself...but have owned 3 of them..and those of us who are real active with our C-Dory boats and gatherings for sure feel like we are part of THE FAMILY with input that is for sure heard at OUR factory..) You will find them in generally the older shops with some type of "specialty" boat thing going on...and not a bunch of blow-n-go or "cookie cutter" type boats.

And... ask anything ya want on this site... we share the good, the bad ...and the ugly...

Happy hunting... and take a ride to your nearest dealer and/or owner and get on one.

Byrdman
Ray Downes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rabidfish – yep, those old Marchettis were a lot of fun – good on gas too Wink. When reaching back to start the engine, I had about 2 inches of freeboard and no helpers to hold up the boat. It got dicey at times.

And thank you Byrdman for your comments, especially on the dealer situation. I plan on sticking around, lots to learn. Apologies if I lit the auction board issue – timing and location coincidence I suspect Embarassed
mediaman

City/Region: Oak Island
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: 5:00 Somewhere
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Sorry for the FLAP.... Reply with quote

I was completely unaware of all this flap announcing an off-site listing for my boat. I completely apologize. I will likely take the DA NAG's suggestion and post a regular listing for the boat later this week through the C-BRATS site with no more reference to that which is causing a flap - thanks for the heads up. I did not even think about some of the aspects of conflict of interest with the site that were mentioned and I find them all valid. Does anyone exactly where you go on the site to post a listing and where can you attached pictures or can you?? - Mediaman
Larry H

City/Region: Tulalip,
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1991
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Nancy H
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mediaman,

To access the 'boats for sale' go the the top of our front page and click on 'forums', then scroll down that page. Near the bottom is a thread for boats for sale. Click on that thread title and post there.

A C-Brat since Nov 1, 2003
Ranger Tug 27 ex 'Jacari Maru' 2017 - 2022
Puget Trawler 37 ex 'Jacari Maru' 2006-2017
1991 22' Cruiser, 'Nancy H'--1991-2006
Ray Downes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Sorry for the FLAP.... Reply with quote

mediaman wrote:
Does anyone exactly where you go on the site to post a listing and where can you attached pictures or can you?? - Mediaman

Hi mediaman ( and regional neighbor) - I'll take an initial stab at this question. I suspect the forum to use is "C-Dory Boats For Sale By Owner" (http://www.c-brats.com/viewforum.php?f=6, as "Nancy H" posted). To post pictures, the help page indicates you request a photo album be created (http://www.c-brats.com/faq.php#0).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: