Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Mac: Some real nice pictures in your album. Great looking set(s) of anchor rode hands too...(grandchildren).. The pic with Arik took me a bit... I wondered if that was big mac....just how big is that C-Dory.. Glad we can zoom in on those pics. I like the gray color too. I have white boat with "original" black stripes. Not sure I want a black top due to heat and visibility of dirt. I may go gray.
Norm S

City/Region: Tacoma Wa
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 18 Angler
Vessel Name: The Divine Miss C
Photos: The Divine Miss C
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byrdman, I have agree with Gary on the dodger idea. If you look on my album there are a couple of pictures of a similar setup on a 19 I saw while shrimping up on the canal last month. I plan on putting a radar arch on mine and would like to attach it to that. The big question for me right now is if I can make a 19 roof panel fit. Need to run up to the factory this week and do some measureing. I would really like to have the raised center section for a cleaner electronics shelf installation. Plus still might look at raising the roof about 4". The extra headroom would be nice and I don't think it would ruin the lines of the boat.
Norm

Robbi

City/Region: Chambers Bay
C-Dory Year: 2023
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Photos: C-Run
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 19 is the Mar-T. I have not seen them in many months. Glad they are out on the water enjoying the boat. I think they have been busy on some other non-boating projects. Saw Mike at the boat show in January.

Byrdman, the Mar-T has a drop curtain that zips into the back of the short dodger. That is all he uses as he shrimps and fishes most of the time. This gives him easy access in and out of the boat, and he still can enclose part of the cockpit when they overnight. Robbi

2003 C-Dory 19
sold 2019

2004 C-Dory 16 Cruiser
Sold 8/2015

2004 C-Dory 19 "C-Run"
Sold 8/2011

1989 C-Dory 16 Angler
Sold 2010
gljjr

City/Region: Fall City
C-Dory Year: 1982
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Migratory Dory
Photos: gljjr
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the picture in question.

This is great and not that different from the extended top on my boat, other than mine is hard and 3' long. Mine also goes forward on the roof about a foot.

Byrdman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photo and thanks for the photos and input for sure.

Well, the down side to the top is that I have not really had any real cruising/fishing time in this particular hull....but that is what happens with a lot of our 1st time C-Dory owners who are having tops made.

And... it is summer, and I pic my boat up on the coast where there is inland fishing, bay fishing, and "deep water Mr. Green " bottom fishing, and having been blessed with some Mr. Green NW 270' deep shrimping on the 05 Blakley Gathering trip via Roger and Beth Johnson.... by the time I tow it to Mt. Juliet TN for the canvas work... I should be able to go into this project much better informed.

Les Lampman of E.Q. in Oak Harbor has also put together a word doc with a bit of talk kinda on "a top canvas".....a better top canvas.... and a sure nuff you are going to be using this to stay warm and dry, getting in and out of your boat when it is both hot...and when it it cold and wet and your fingers do not want to play... canvas top.... with the pricing ranging from about $1,000 to almost $2,000 depending on just how functional and just what materials you use.....and just how many the canvas shop has made..

Now having gathered all of this data so far, to include the many pics folks have emailed me.... I will begin my design ideas and layout for the 18 Angler... Then, take all the stuff and drop it onto a CD named "putting canvas on our C-Dory"... and send it to folks that request it.

This is just too good of stuff to bury away in a lost thread some where...
Norm S

City/Region: Tacoma Wa
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 18 Angler
Vessel Name: The Divine Miss C
Photos: The Divine Miss C
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byrdman, Thanks in advance. Great idea. I too have been reading all the info on this post. I'm still working on ideas for mine. Like you said it's a spendy item and I want to do it right the first time.
Norm
Byrdman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norm... emailing you a power point file with some basic ideas.. It is a large file due to some "real photos" inserted from other owners, and a bunch of drawing...

Byrdman
Byrdman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Gang.... Look what I found while looking at another topic thread. One of our AK C-Brats has a neat hard top....

The boats's name is Morning Dory... located in the North Pole (Santa musta brought the factory top Xmas LOL ) and under username of PATROUT Great look...and think of how dry and then only side curtains/canvas to mess with... But... would be interesting to see some fishing rods in action...

Pat...that is great looking. I like that for sure.

Do tell more...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: