The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

1992 22 Cruiser, $26,000 (Pensacola, FL)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: 1992 22 Cruiser, $26,000 (Pensacola, FL) Reply with quote

We will be selling our 1992 22' Cruiser with a 1999 Fitch Evinrude 90 Hp engine after this years Lake Powell trip--probably in Mid June. The boat is kept in Las Vegas, NV. We are the 4th owner--it was only in salt water a short time when new. To my knowlege the motor has only been in salt water 3 times--and always flushed after each use. We have owned the boat a little over 3 years and made 1 to 2 trips a year in it.

New TomCat 255 on the way!

This C Dory has been From the San Juans to Lake Powell to Catalina in the last year and is ready to go! We can deliver if necessary anywhere in the US. (June 7th update--if not sold on West Coast, by June 10th, we will
trailer back to Florida and sell from there)

The Boat is CG Documented.

Some of the recent upgrades: Opening Front Window 2001, Wallas Diesel stove/heater 2001,
Standard Horizon VHF radio 2003
Bottom line 10" depth sounder / Chart plotter with C map reader,excellent fishfinder, speed of water, plus gps, auto set for outriggers (no outriggers). Water temperature C Map chip for West Coast.
GPS (second)--chart plotter with chips for Powell and West Coast (entire)

Two 24 gallon gas tanks (upgrade)
Full new Camper canvas/Bimni 2004, plus trailer slant back cover. Only up once or twice.
Inside cover windows
Remote control search light on cabin roof
Radar, JRC 2001 1000, works well, 16 miles
Sterio Am Fm CD, set up for Sirius or XM input and remote control
Ritchie Compass
Pacific Coast Tandem road trailer, overhauled in 2003, constantly maintained.
Spare wheel, extra bearing and spring shackle sets
Swim step and ladder port side
Live well on port lazarette
3 props, sea level, 3700 feet and 7000 feet
Upholustry replaced in the last 6 years--very good condition

The engine is 1999 Evinrude, kept in good repair. Will push the boat at 30 mph plus, cruises in the mid 20's. Never had any problems, (See note ref red light) includes new water pump kit. This is one of the good Fitch engines. As I recollect the engine hours are about 425. Fuel "mileage" is in the 3.5 to 5 miles a gallon range in the mid 20's but your may vary with load etc. The boat does have bottom paint on it, but it has not been left in the water in the last 6 years at least, and probably never since 1996

Three anchors with chain and extra rode and anchor pulpit
Dri deck and foam floor covering in cockpit and cabin
Custom cabnets
Custom galley counter and fiddle, epoxy finished
Settee table with glass top, to put map under.
Custom luggage bags on each side of V berth for clothing storage.

Dock lines, fenders etc all included.

Charts of Powell, San Juans, Sac. Delta and S. Calif.

The boat and trailer weigh a little less than 4500 lbs. We tow it with a 30 foot motor home, a 1 ton Dodge RoadTrek or a Honda Pilot

Asking $26,000--excellent buy!

any further questions, please call me at: cell.
850 529 5063 I am currently in Las Vegas with the boat.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL

Last edited by thataway on Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
thataway

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little wave in the sea of life! We had taken our "last" trip on C Pelican at Lake Powell. All was going well until Monday AM, when the "No Oil" light came on. This was intermittant, and we went 50 miles at idle speed stopping when the light came on--had one mechanic check the engine at Dangling Rope Marina: (didn't work on Evinrudes)--and we were using oil==Perhaps a sensor?. Got to Stateline and a mechanic spent an hour, varified that no oil filter problems, that oil was circulating, that injecting with each stroke. However, his computer for Evinrudes didn't work--and they were too busy with regular customers to spend any more time. Same with all other mechanics at Powell. Advice: GO to Vegas!---HA. Less mechanics in Vegas than in Powell. It would be a month before anyone would look at the motor!

The engine will run fine --at times for 30 minutes or more, then all of a sudden the "no oil" light will come on and the engine drops to low RPM (as programed to). Judging by the oil usage and looking the oil output from the oil distributer--it is functioning properly.

However, the boat had an offer, with sea trials scheduled Monday (June 12th)--and I cannot find a mechanic to varify that it is a bad sensor--or regulator. I am only on the West Coast for a short time (Home is Pensacola FL). I have offered the first person (who has first right of purchase) who contacted me a significant reduction, and I will stand behind the engine. But he would have to get it fixed. He has not given me an answer yet, so I am taking back up offers via my cell phone: 850 529 5063.

Corrections on the origional ad: the engine is a 1999 (not 1996) Evinrude 90 hp. It runs fine, and can be run with the flush attatchment for demo. However I do not want to run at full speed for a sea trial unless the "No Oil" light issue is resolved.

If I dont' sell the boat on the West coast in the next 10 days, I will trailer it back to Florida--and either sell it myself from there, or thru Wefing's Marine, who is the dealer where my new Tom Cat 255 sits!

Regards to all, from Las Vegas (Not everything stays here!)
thataway

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boat is sold. Minor sensor problem on the motor repaired and the new owner will keep the Name "C Pelican".

I have over 20 inquiries about this boat. What was amazing was how well it shined up--and looked like new with just a little hand work. Testiment of the good workmanship on the older C Dories.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: