The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Blown fuse on trim tabs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trims Tabs, Hydrofoils
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anita Marie

City/Region: Oak Harbor
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Anita Marie
Photos: Anita Marie and Little Buddy
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Blown fuse on trim tabs Reply with quote

I've blown a fuse on my 25 Bennet trim tabs. The tabs were all the way down. I tried to replace the fuse but as soon as I tried to move them the fuse blew again. I removed the lines on the pump so the lines would vent off so I could get them to go up. The marina needs them up so they can get the boat out of the water with the fork lift.
I am sure the pump has an internal return or relief that keeps the pump from tube locking. I assume a bad motor or solinoid. Anyone seen this problem before?

Fred
Rabidfish
Dealer

City/Region: Noblesville, Indiana
State or Province: IN
Vessel Name: Les Poisson Enrage'
Photos: Rabidfish
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To blow a fuse that fast, I would suspect a shorted wire. Carefully check the back of the switch panel to be sure you don't have two wires touching. Then check the rest of the harness to be certain you dont have wires that got pinched somewhere, causing a switched "on" wire to be shorted to ground.

You might also unplug the motor and try the switches. If they blow the fuse without the motor hooked up, you know you have a short circuit somewhere.

Good Luck !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trims Tabs, Hydrofoils All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: