The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

10/20 - 10/22 - Gulf Coast Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wefings
Dealer

City/Region: Panhandle
State or Province: FL
Photos: Cruise Ship #4
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are all very welcome , and we would like to thank all of you for the great turnout of wonderful folks that all came together to make this first Gulf Coast Gathering a success . And Byrdman too.

Just kidding about Byrdman , he got back on the road this morning towards Montgomery and then back to Tennessee . WE WILL do it again next year , and really look forward to it !!
Marc Grove

Papillon

City/Region: DeBary, Fl. *On the St. John's River*
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Papillon
Photos: Papillon
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just rolled into Naples. It was a wonderful trip and Mark, John, Sherry and all the gang were the best host and hostess one could hope to have.
Leaving was the hard part...it meant no more great food and conversation.

We hauled out at a Carrabelle, Fl. due to high winds and the prospect of good fishing blowing away at the same time. If you are ever in that area I can recommend The Moorings Marina for your needs.

I would like to also thank The C-Dory factory for underwriting this event and hope someone will point out to Jeff that the oysters were great and worth every cent .....I eat a whole lot of "cents" worth.

Again I think you, Brother Boo thanks you....and future C-Dory Owners will thank you.

1993 Angler-02' 115 Suzuki 4 Stroke
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put up about 30 more photos. I have more but they are semi redundant--or in some cases--may be be suitable for a family web site--just kidding.

If any want their boat photos, please send me an E mail at thataway4@Cox.net. I can send a moderate resolution. The photos were taken at high resolution, and if you wish that file, I will be happy to burn it on a CD. If there is enough interest, I will gather all of the photos from everyone who took photos, and put them on one CD and mail the CD to everyone who was at the gathering.

Again what a great time--and it was fun just going over the pictures!
I hope that folks from other parts of the country look over what was done down in Apalachicola and come on down next year--it is a venue which cannot be duplicated anywhere else in this country!

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Wefings
Dealer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures Bob, thank you ! I would love to get the hi res stuff on disc . It will make a great slide show !
Marc
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byrdman et al!! Great gathering, great photos, congratulations to everyone on a new Gulf Coast Event! Wish we could have been there, have a contract on our Northern VA house now and are currently in DownEast Maine decompressing.

Maybe next year Sally and I can make it. Still trying to figure out how to retire when they want to keep paying me...

Charlie and Sally

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Sawdust

City/Region: Oak Harbor
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: C-Salt
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, Charlie - they pay you? Laughing Laughing

Congrats on the house contract - come on out this way and play cuz the latch string is out and the scotch at ready.

Missed the trip back to your coast, but the doc was pretty vocal. He can't afford losing another patient. Sure appreciate the offer, though, and maybe soon. Getting better and may get cleared to take a TX trip soon.

Dusty
Jeff Brigner

State or Province: TN
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: C-Pearl
Photos: C-Pearl
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10/25 @ 12:30 central time:
Byrdman after 2 fuel filter changes is still sputtering his way home and Terry/Last Dance is in Chatanooga waiting on a starter for the motor home.
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA!!!! And that is an understatment. Thanks to all for helping us with this gathering. It was truly a great reminder that we have some awesome folks within our C-Dory ownership crowd. Everyone always willing to help no matter what the need....launching folks, retrieving folks, welcoming folks in the dark, sharing this and that about each of the boats ......and the up river trips were a blast too. What an awesome site of looking thru the bow rail,,,and seeing 3, 4, 5 abreast and all C-Dory boats. This was one fun gig for sure. If you did not gain some weight....you simply were taking a nap or something during the meal "times.."

Thanks to everyone who tossed in beverages, coffee, deserts, foods, time and efforts. Thanks to all for making my sister Joan welcome within our fold. It was the 1st time in about 10 years that Joan and I actually got to spend time together with nothing to really have to do...or the rest of the Byrd family population group. They are all fun...but what we miss with this large family, is time to just sit and chat with just one other sibling. That in itself was a great gift to me from yall.

Wefin's, John and Sherrie, Anita (Apalachiacola Chamber of Commerce) and of course the C-Dory factory...thanks for throwing assets, time and fun into the mix.

The joint efforts of all made this one great weekend.

Now...all yall that were there....start looking around your own local water areas for similar get togethers as to allow us to enjoy your waters. Just like the two river cruises our group took....without local knowledge, those special trips do not take place and we miss that stuff.

We can all show up self contained and throw together pot luck dinners for these trips....and I am always good for burning a few eggs and stuff for omeltes for breakfast....and a bit of BBQ for other meals.

Thanks again...great photos...and YES BOB....great idea about putting together a gathering CD. That is part of the fun at the Seattle Boat Show gathering... we all have a pot luck dinner at the hotel Friday night....and folks from differant gatherings bring the CDs and they run on a laptop over in the corner allowing us all to see other waters and places to enjoy each other and our boats.

WOW... where are we going next?? See some of yall in Bahamas....and will be putting together a quick Nashville Gathering REAL SOON...as to let Roger Johnson from SENSIE to use that plane ticket to Nashville....Roger... let me know the dates..

Byrdman

C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 sold again.. May 2020
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hu #14 - Bought her again - May16
Aloysius, Sold to Brother Mike Mar16
Aloysius, Hull # 440 RF-246
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 Sold May09
TC24, Hull #51, Sold Feb06
CD16A, Sold Dec03
Never Deny Yourself The Pleasure of Helping Others.
Byrdman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spent some time re-looking at all the photos. Thanks to all for posting. Great time.
Bill and Brenda Russell

City/Region: Stamps AR
State or Province: AR
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Falcon
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: GULF COAST GATHERING 2006 Reply with quote

Byrdman

Just wanted all to know we are safely land locked again and to say thanks to everyone who tolerated our continuous boating questions. .

Reinhold Messner in this issue of "National Geographic" says "Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible". Our Monday, October16, 2006 cruise from Middle Ground Pass to Pensacola Beach Bridge was definitely an adventure.

My three mile walk through timber trails, cool, invigorating, with fall foliage showing its early colors is stimulating to my well being but does little for intelligence. My next adventure to Key West, FL in December is drawing near.

I have not set our time to central standard time but instead desire to remain on Byrdman time.

Bill and Brenda Russell

glennmcrae

City/Region: Fort Walton Beach
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Primadonna
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: thanks to all the sea brats Reply with quote

This was my first gathering and I had an absolute blast. My wife Donna is still whining about not being there. I don't think that will happen again. Thanks so much to our host John and the folks at Wefings for the mooring and great time.

I am a real rookie being 51 and having my first boat a Tomcat 255 and sure was happy to get some great advice from all. I think I only had the sea brats running to protect their boats from mine one time the whole trip.

The food was just outstanding and Byrdman can sure serve up some BBQ. A special thanks goes out to Byrdman for helping me get the Tomcat up on her trailer and putting his life in danger trying to get her centered. I think it took an hour away from other certainly more fun activity and I am very appreciative. I have got to figure this part out as my fiberglass took a bit of a beating.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. I have considered getting an electric wench or additional bunks installed on the outside but all of these ideas seem to have as many pitfalls as benefits. Each time I've put the Primadonna on a trailer, I've had folks with lots of experiance helping but still had great difficulty. She will be staying on the lift until I figure something out.

Again it was a pleasure meeting everyone and hope to connect again with all soon. Glenn
Wefings
Dealer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glen , I got wind of your trailer tribulations . We will take care of that for you .Ill let you know when and how we get it to fix it . Thanks for coming to our gathering and we hope you bring your wife next year !!!!!
Marc
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill and Brenda,
We were concerned about you all--but didn't call, since I figured you had your hands full. For those who didn't run back up on the water--the winds got to be over 25 knots on Monday--and it was a tich rough on the bays.
C-WEED

City/Region: New Brockton
State or Province: AL
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: C-Weed
Photos: C-WEED
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill and Brenda: Glad you and Falcon made it home safely. Great to meet you both. If Kay and I had the vacation saved we would meet you in Key West. It is at the top of our list of places to putter around. Be sure to click a few photos and get the photo album going. Keep us posted of your adventures. Any luck finding the water ski gloves?
Byrdman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don..... I mean Glen... Mr. Green Was very glad to be in the mix helping you with the recovery efforts. There are some items you can do to help with your trailering ordeal, and Marc and crew have put together some nice trailers. All trailers are just parts put together. With the TomCat...they just have to be HEAVY parts and guides. The shallow draft of the TC are not really in their favor with the wind blowing cross the aft section as it was. I like the idea of an electirc wench. Take a gander at the Discovery photo albumn. Brent and Dixie had a real nice heavy duty set up on their TC24 trailer. It too would work great for the TC255..

Bill and Brenda: What a blast to once again be able to sit, laugh and enjoy your offerings and wisdoms. I'm gonna have to print that little walk thru the woods gig and adventure and ponder it a bit. That is pretty deep stuff...but oh so true. Go take another shower, and please hug that beautifully smiling lady Brenda of yours. .....not all at the same time...or we will be looking for further adventure postings. Mr. Green

Toss the watches, enjoy the boats, enjoy the friendships
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: