The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

C-Ranger 25
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the commitments to dealers were made back in October 2005, before the Seattle Boat Show...at least, that is what I thought I heard.
drjohn71a wrote:
I agree, Steve. I am amazed that those of us who have put down money and waited so long for even a sea trial must still wait while completed boats are being shipped to dealers and other customers. Maybe I will have to fly to the East Coast and disguise myself as a total stranger with no deposit down in order to get to try one of these out! John

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The base price of the C-Ranger 25 tug at the Janaury 2006 Seattle Boat Show, before there was any more than a hull and a liner and some drawings, was $95K. Still a lot more than a CD22, but certainly within striking distance of a CD25...
capt. patrick campbell wrote:
thanks for the information. my response would be, man, do i love my little 22' c-dory cruiser!
Vikingbaat

City/Region: Edmonds
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: HAVNISSEN
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: C-Ranger-25 Reply with quote

Maybe Jeff could regularly update those of that made a deposit last January on a C-ranger-25 via e-mail. It would be nice to know what progress is being made at the factory and possibly a guesstimate on our delivery dates.

Pat: I appreciate your comments on the R-25.
patrick and linda

City/Region: somerset
State or Province: KY
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Fan-A-Sea"
Photos: Misty Seas
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger that, however, prior to purchasing my cd22 i had sold a 2000, 356 aft cabin carver, paid 200,000. and 17 months later sold it for a 40,000. loss.
not a destressed sale, in fact, it was in better condition when i sold, just what the market would bare. 130000 for a 25'er, i could see that falling to 70, maybe 80, in short order. the market is slim. to say the least. love to have one, but with the history of boat sales, i'm seeing this glass half full. please take this post in the spirit it is intended.
drjohn71a

City/Region: Wichita
State or Province: KS
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Tom-a-Hawk
Photos: Tom-a-Hawk
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you all know that I am certainly on the bottom of the pecking order in all this and I certainly don't have any emotions vested in East or West or who's first to get a boat.

It is just that, the very limited info I have been given to date is not jiving with the way things are playing out. I have thousands of dollars already invested and feel entitled to the facts as they are. I know C-Dory and C-Ranger ppl are not gods or devils, and they certainly have been understanding to my situations in the past.

John

Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick - you are comparing the likely resale value of a C-Ranger 25 to the wrong boat! Comparing it to a Carver is like comparing a C-Dory to a Bayliner! Not that there is anything wrong with a Carver (or Bayliner) of course, but there is a reason they don't hold their resale value better - demand, which in essence means there are more interested sellers than interested buyers. A more apt comparison is to the Nordic 26 tug - when you can find these guys at all, they uniformly are fetching more than they cost new, i.e., more would-be buyers than sellers. C-Dorys are well noted for holding their value, hence the thread "Are Used C-Dorys Overpriced?" - and the answer is no, it is what the market will bear and it is based in the demand for the product, which in turn is based on its quality and appeal. Ranger, like C-Dory, is a very labor intensive boat - no mass production techniques here. Having seen the care taken in the Ranger boat factory, the Livingston family personally working on the boats and overseeing everything, I can guarantee you that they take as much or more pride in these craft as anyone the boat building industry. There will not be a huge number built - their production techniques just don't allow it. The C-Ranger 25 is almost guaranteed to be one of those boats that people are going to be paying a premium for on the used market down the road...

capt. patrick campbell wrote:
roger that, however, prior to purchasing my cd22 i had sold a 2000, 356 aft cabin carver, paid 200,000. and 17 months later sold it for a 40,000. loss.
not a destressed sale, in fact, it was in better condition when i sold, just what the market would bare. 130000 for a 25'er, i could see that falling to 70, maybe 80, in short order. the market is slim. to say the least. love to have one, but with the history of boat sales, i'm seeing this glass half full. please take this post in the spirit it is intended.
patrick and linda

City/Region: somerset
State or Province: KY
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Fan-A-Sea"
Photos: Misty Seas
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi pat,
probably in retrospect, i should not have posted my statement, although, i believe it to be true. i have an '01 2353 trophy, (bayliner). the current market value is at or near what i paid, when i purchased it new. supply/demand/affordability go hand in hand. buyers in the 25 to 30000 range are in greater numbers and are not in the same category as buyers in the 100+ level. i'm primarily talking about resale. the number of households that have the discretionary income to afford a 100+ toy drops exponentially, when compared to the latter. they are educated (boat smart) and look to exploit the sellers pain. they are not interested in subsidizing the the original buyers enthusiasm for paying dealership overhead, sales commission and/or delivery cost, prep and title. the 26' nordic tug is a great little boat. i actually looked at buying an 02 or 03, don't exactly recall the year. it was a resale, marked down a fair amount from new, but still more than i was willing to pay. thus the cd-22 purchase. i'm convinced i won't get burned on that purchase. it's (as you know) a very unique vessel, that most families could afford.
well, i did say my glass is half full, so, i'm as optimistic as possible.
so, may the winds be always at your back, and the rains fall softly upon your bow, and until we talk again, i'm out of here.
best regards
uncleralph123

City/Region: Frederick
State or Province: MD
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there will be a C-Ranger 25 at any of the fall east coast boat shows, and which ones. I e-mailed C-Ranger with the question sometime ago but did not receive an answer.

Ralph
New Hampshire Guy
Dealer

City/Region: Meredith
State or Province: NH
C-Dory Year: 2006
Photos: New Hampshire Guy
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newport RI boat show 14-17 Sept06 will have the 21 Tug and the 25 Tug in the water.
Wefings
Dealer

City/Region: Panhandle
State or Province: FL
Photos: Cruise Ship #4
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point Wefings is scheduled to have our first 25 Tug at the Gulf Coast Gathering , 10-20thru 10-22 here in beautiful Apalachicola FL. We will have a 21 E.C. here as well .Its not a boat show , but the beers wont cost 8 dollars either!
Marc

Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap - so Byrdman is going to get to see my boat on the Gulf Coast before I do, 30 miles from the factory! Sort of like Wenatchee apples - you have to go to Japan to get the best one...Oh, well - at least we have better beer here.

Wefings wrote:
At this point Wefings is scheduled to have our first 25 Tug at the Gulf Coast Gathering , 10-20thru 10-22 here in beautiful Apalachicola FL. We will have a 21 E.C. here as well .Its not a boat show , but the beers wont cost 8 dollars either!
Marc
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. John...and others with money on the table...their table. I agree 100% on the simplicity of at least one email a month to those who have money down on this neat new boat.

Pat... Yes...you have wonderful beer out there for sure...and one of the reasons I like to make the SBS each year....but step up to the plate Brother, hop on the Southwest Airline flights to Nashville. I'll pick you (and Roger Johnson) up on the way down from Clarksville. Gotta stop anyway to pick up the pulled pork, beef brisket and ribs. I have room for 7 my size adults in the Excursion. So far, I have 3 of the 7 seats taken. And... now you feel my pain being way over here and you just 30 miles from the factory.....and you guys (note I'm talking northern)...can just get in yer (southern) car...or trucks....and drop buy, pop photos, measure, look, feel...poke, push, pull, measure some more, think, dream, rub some more...go have a fine beer.... and start all over some day again next week if ya want. And Pat...if ya make the trip for the gathering... I'll promise you a stop in some of our beer making joints.

Yall come on down to Nashville... we'll make the gathering...and go ride on the Tug....(if it makes it)....no need having empty seats.
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'd love to, not in the cards at the moment! Maybe next year..

Byrdman wrote:

Yall come on down to Nashville... we'll make the gathering...and go ride on the Tug....(if it makes it)....no need having empty seats.
drjohn71a

City/Region: Wichita
State or Province: KS
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Tom-a-Hawk
Photos: Tom-a-Hawk
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byrdman is in 'heaven' ! What a social animal ! Sometime I gotta catch up with you and your crew, Patrick. John
Sawdust

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: C-Salt
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw, Pat old bud, gotta disagree. There ain't NOBODY wants the Ranger out on the street and 100% perfect more than the folks who build 'em. It's just like any other business, the green comes in when the product gets out. If it's a toss between getting PR emails out and working all possible hours to get your jewel on the street - contest? The same guys who write emails are the guys with tools in their hands.

No connection with the factory, other than total respect, but I've been in that business and ain't goin' back. (TG) If you've got deep pockets like the big guys that's one thing, but if your a little guy and it's all outgo and no income, you do everything to get it right the first time out the door, and as soon as possible.

Worth the wait? I think so.

Dusty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: