City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captains Choice wrote:
Gary, can you post a picture of what your problem is?

Charlie, have you gone nuts?? This is the World Wide Web, for crying out loud. You know, one of the internets!?! Inviting everyone to post pictures of their problems could could be devastating. I mean, what if someone had an old war wound that was causing problems as they got older? Like shrapnel in the butt or something? Would you really like some old guy posting snaps of his butt? Think, Charlie, think. Man I hope Dusty doesn't see this...

Gary - Are you ready for a photo album? Should we set it so Charlie and Dusty can add pictures to it, too?

Speaking of a pain in the butt - my table has some raised plastic trim all around the three open sides. It does a good job of keeping stuff from sliding off, but it is a problem for wiping off stuff I want off. Open corners are good. Maybe you can just find some stick-on laminate that matches the wood rail and dress the exposed edges up a little. Eighty-nine cents, tops.

Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie, have you gone nuts??

Been there, done that, still there!! Nothing like a 1000 pictures that are worth a word..... or is that backwards.... Shocked I promise I won't post a thousand pictures....

Just not sure what the problem is.... Laughing Of

course, I'm not too sure about much of anything either.... Smile

I am sure however that, having never seen Dusty's butt, I never want to.... Crook

My only war wound consists of falling down a hill near the Subic Bay Officers Club in about 1965 and skinning my ........... fortunately I was somwhat sedated at the time and felt no pain.... Until the next morning... Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down

charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I question the intend and validity of the "word on the street" person.

I have had many occasions (having purchased two boats upto now) to interact with the factory and ALWAYS have had favorable responses and actions taken. They go out of their way to make a problem go away.

I would buy another boat from C-Dory in a heart beat. (If I needed one).

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
Yellowstone

City/Region: White Sulphur Springs
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Vessel Name: Farwest II
Photos: Farwest III
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: c-dory factory cutting corners? Reply with quote

Having just returned from Seattle (a conference), I spent a few hours in the C-dory factory picking up some retrofit items: cockpit floor levelers, 25 gallon tanks, hoses, cockpit tank covers, etc., for my 1999 cruiser.The new factory is an impressive workplace, and the workers and sales people accommodating just like the old factory. Regarding "cutting corners", the only change that I felt was superior in 22' cruisers pre-2000 was the full lids covering the starboard and port lazarettes. But the latest modifications are indeed superior, viz., a flat, self draining cockpit floor moulded in, (the bilge pump is aft) a new elongated inside step with that world class non-skid moulded in, and other standard features, viz., center opening window, electric windshield wipers, hydraulic steering, and moulded in chocks to keep the tanks from sliding (no screws in the sole). This is simply a better product. And yes, the wiring has a snap cover instead of the fiberglass cover which always rattled loose. New purchasers can rest easy. Us old timers just like our older boats. C-Dory, in my opinion, never made a bad boat.

Yellowstone

dogon dory

State or Province: AK
Vessel Name: DogOnDory
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Folks - Post Deleted By Author

Last edited by dogon dory on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie - this is what I mean. Dusty wrote this on another thread, but it won't surprise me if he posts some pictures. Thanks a lot!

Dusty wrote:
If you have a butt carcass (I keep mine in the freezer) it usually helps to drop one in the bottom of the pot.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEEDED one? That never stopped me!

Anna Leigh wrote:

I would buy another boat from C-Dory in a heart beat. (If I needed one).

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

CatyMae n Steve

City/Region: Jefferson, OR
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: CatyMae
Photos: CatyMae
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: c-dory factory cutting corners? Reply with quote

Yellowstone wrote:
Having just returned from Seattle (a conference), I spent a few hours in the C-dory factory . . . are indeed superior, viz., a flat, self draining cockpit floor moulded in, (the bilge pump is aft)

Yellowstone

It's my understanding there are apparently issues with the new cockpit floor -- we were given the option on the new boat 1) old style floor and get the boat as scheduled or 2) get the new style floor and wait months. I have no idea what the issues are, but we opted to settle for the old style cockpit floor....we've been boatless (but continue to pay ar ar ar) for months now.
CatyMae n Steve

City/Region: Jefferson, OR
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: CatyMae
Photos: CatyMae
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rabbit's Hutch wrote:
Not really a problem Charlie, just more of a question...

I would have done so with my very first posting... but I cant figure out how to copy/paste or cut and paste a picture into this posting....

I do have a pic to share if someone can explain how I can do so...

How's 'bout an album for this C-Brat! Laughing
B~C

City/Region: Bend
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've more than once pondered cutting the corners off that table, they hurt.

As far as "the word on the street" goes, I did a quick survey the other day in old town Portland to get to the bottom of this and they all had about the same response, " got any spare change" so I guess I'll keep my C-Dory Smile

Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may well be an example of how things get slightly misquoted, then come up different down the road a ways.

John mentioned the improved "flat, self-bailing cockpit floor moulded in" a few posts ago, and then Caty Mae mentions that there were problems with the delivery of boats with that same floor "it's my understanding there are apparently issues with the new cockpit floor".

Are we talking about the level floor inserts, which have already been developed and supplied to many customers, or is the factory trying to mould in a permanent self bailing flat floor tilted toward the rear bilge drain well?

Haven't heard anything else about the latter possibility, although I've thought of it many times before as a solution for those willing to stand up a little highrer in the cockpit and who need it for their boating and mooring conditions.

Joe.

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how my table on both the 22 and the 25 is finished. I never gave it a thought of being un-finished. I think the corners look just fine.

Now if the end grain of the Decaguard table didn't get the white paint sealer on it, then I can understand someones concern.

Cutty Sark

City/Region: Kenmore, Sammamish Slough
C-Dory Year: 1989
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Cutty Sark
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sea Wolf-

The factory has come up with a molded in floor, it is not self bailing as in having scuppers, but it does drain towards the bilge pump between the gas tanks. I know my boat that was the floor model at the SBS has it and it looked awesome. I am taking delivery any day, so words about problems with the floor make me jump!!! But I think maybe it's something more along the lines that they are going to change it further or something, rather than it is having problems, but I will find out. All I know is the floor is a major improvement in my way of thinking and the factory did a really nice job on it. I talked to Jeff about doing one but thought I was going to end up with floor boards, then I went to the SBS, and they surprised me with the new floor. I was very pleased.

Sark
Jeff M

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Table corners Reply with quote

We have been cutting the sharp corners off of the tables on the 22' Cruiser. It is not only safer to not have a sharp edge, but it leaves a clean out for wiping the table down. The corner should be painted white to match the table top and the rest of the table should be trimmed with teak. This change was implemented after receiving feedback from the owners group. It is possible that we missed painting the edge. Let me know and we will take care of it. All of us here at C-Dory appreciate the overwhelming customer support and loyalty that our owners show us. It sure is fun being part of such an amazing group.

We will continue to strive to build a better boat, listen to feedback from our C-Dory owners and dealers, and to provide superior customer service and support.

The word on the street is "GO C-DORY".

Jeff

Jeff M

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: cockpit floor Reply with quote

There is no problem with the cockpit floor. We have planned this as a 2007 model year change over. We had to have our fuel tank supplier change the tank molds to accomodate the change in the cockpit. The supplier will not have our new tanks to us for a couple of months.

Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: