Cutty Sark

City/Region: Kenmore, Sammamish Slough
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Cutty Sark
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer to fish one rod per riggertoo, but sometimes you just have to fish more than that. Sockeye season comes to mind, but I have also had other times where I've fished three before. I was going to buy one of those dual rod holders made by scotty, is there a reason you prefer the seperate ones mounted on the gunnel to the dual setup? Do you get more tangles with the dual? Or is it just space?

Thanks

Sarkis
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutty Sark wrote:
I prefer to fish one rod per riggertoo, but sometimes you just have to fish more than that. Sockeye season comes to mind, but I have also had other times where I've fished three before. I was going to buy one of those dual rod holders made by scotty, is there a reason you prefer the seperate ones mounted on the gunnel to the dual setup? Do you get more tangles with the dual? Or is it just space?

Thanks

Sarkis

Sark,

The dual ones are BIG, not adjustable and not much use for other stuff. The regular Scotty fish-on rod holders are much small, adjustable in all dimensions, easily removable (I store mine in the gunnels) and the mounts can be used to hold other items (grills, a crab pot pulleys, a table, etc.).

In a 22', I think fishing with 2-3 people is ideal and 4 is possible but tough. I usually fish with no more than 3. That means one/rigger and one out the back. When fishing's really good (like at Neah Bay), I can easily limit 4 people on 2 rods and I think it's just more fun/easier to deal with just 2 rods.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: