The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

20th Annual Delta and Bay Extravaganza
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Gibson

City/Region: Sacramento
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1998
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Pounder
Photos: Pounder
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:06 pm    Post subject: 20th Annual Delta and Bay Extravaganza Reply with quote

20th Annual Delta and Bay Extravaganza
Wednesday, April 24, 2024 to Sunday, April 27, 2024.

The historic 20th Annual Delta and Bay Extravaganza is going to take place.
This will likely be the last year for me organizing this event as I will turn the event over to someone younger, if they want it.

We have held this event for every year straight, since 4/11/2003, except for years 2020 and 2021, which were cancelled due to Covid. I would guess that this is the longest continuous event ever posted on this C-Brat site, or its predecessor, C-Dog site.

A big part of this event is the hosting of it on Wednesday and Thursday, by John and Robin Eudy at their Wheeler Island Duck Club. I doubt that I would have kept this event going for so long, if it were not due to all the enthusiasm that John and Robin bring to the event.

This 2024 event is now scheduled at about the same time it was last year. Hopefully we will enjoy the same nice weather we had in 2023, but this can be variable, from our 20-year experience.

If you are interested in being part of this blowout 2024 Extravaganza, please reserve your place now by indicating on this thread that you will be going, and that you are signing up for the full five-day journey. Please do not sign up unless you can commit to showing up to this Extravaganza, and you can attend the entire event.

You might look at the last 19 years of threads if you want some idea of what this gathering is like. There is also extensive video documentation of this event from Floyd Stewart on the site to help you visualize this journey.

This year our venues will be the same as last year. We will start off at Rio Vista and go to the Honker Bay Duck Club on Wednesday as usual. We will stay another night (Thursday) at the Duck Club. Last year we had some of the best Stripped Bass fishing at the Duck Club that we have ever had. Everyone fishing caught at least one Stripper. After the Duck Club, we will be spending two nights in San Francisco (Friday and Saturday nights). We have the S.F. reservations now. The two nights in S.F. is the same as last year, as we will have more time to look around the Bay and visit in The City.

There is a strict ten (10) boat maximum for the Extravaganza. This maximum is because of the Duck Club and San Francisco marina space limitations.

Six (6) vessels are already signed up, namely:

1. Pounder – Jim & Kath
2. Dinner Belle II – John & Robin
3. Dora Jean – Steve, et. all
4. Sea Spray – Steve & Karen
5. Slack Time – John & Laurie
6. Far C’r – Floyd & Eiko.

These six boats are all old timers who have come multiple times to this event. They basically signed up in advance of this announcement.

Right now, there are four (4) spaces left. The next four boats signed up on this thread will be able to go. Please be aware that this event fills up quickly with the maximum 10 boats. Those indicating that they want to attend after the ten-boat limit is reached will be put on a waiting list, and they will be added to the event if someone else drops out before the event takes place.

If you make the commitment to go on this trip you will likely enjoy the journey. There are many repeat folks at this event year-after-year. There are also a lot of new timers who have come to this event one time to check it out. All C-Brats are welcome, both new timers and old timers.

A lot of old timers to this event have aged out and sold their boats or have passed away. They will certainly be missed. For this last event under my leadership we could use a few more new timers.

This Extravaganza is about two and one-half months away! More will be posted later, but please reserve your place NOW if you intend to go.

Sincerely,
Jim & Kath

colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, I sure enjoyed joining you guys last year, and the first time I joined the trip several years ago. Wish I could go along again, but have other obligations at the time this year's event happens. I would highly recommend this cruise for anybody thinking about it. The time at the Duck Club alone makes the trip every bit worth it. And of course the cruise down the Delta into San Francisco is a great adventure. Last year there were some sail boat races that we enjoyed watching in San Francisco. The weather if I remember was somewhat cold and rainy. But that's why we have cabin boats! But the water was pretty flat and calm down in San Francisco, allowing us to head out under the Golden Gate. There was some chop heading into San Pablo Bay (I believe that is the name of it), but nothing that was all that bad. At least still able to run at a pretty good clip.
Jim Gibson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys and girls. There must me someone who wants to use their C-Dory, go on an adventure cruise, and meet other interesting people. Don't be afraid to sign up. There are a lot of newbies every year to this event and they most always have a great time. The group is very welcoming. See Colby's referral. Colby was recently a newbie and tried it out and liked it!
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd join up if my schedule allowed traveling across the country and back. Yes, I know Colby does it often, but I don't have that much free time right now.
BigSwede

State or Province: MN
C-Dory Year: 1999
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you move this thread to the appropriate section, it will get more attention. Have fun!
sean92056

City/Region: OCEANSIDE
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: NautiCat
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:14 am    Post subject: 20th Annual Delta Cruise Reply with quote

Sean and Maddy Sims would like to join this event in NautiCat.
This sounds like a real adventure and an opportunity to boat in an area we otherwise probably wouldn't have. Really looking forward to it.
Sean & Maddy Sims
NautiCat

Erdem

City/Region: San Carlos
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Octopus
Photos: Octopus
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to join this event. I have been delightfully following last few years events and promising myself to join the following years event but never following through. My wife will be with me only a part of the time due to her work schedule.

Erdem & Deborah Bircan
Jim Gibson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Sean and Erdum. We still have room for two more C-Dory’s!
Karl Konecny

City/Region: Glide
State or Province: OR
Vessel Name: Nowhere Fast
Photos: Nowhere Fast
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to join the adventure. Would a well behaved dog be welcome? I will need some advice on where to launch and park my trailer, I'll be driving down from Glide Oregon.
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl Konecny wrote:
I would like to join the adventure. Would a well behaved dog be welcome? I will need some advice on where to launch and park my trailer, I'll be driving down from Glide Oregon.

In past years we launched at the marina in Rio Vista.
https://deltamarina.com/
They also in the past have parked us behind a locked gate. If you are going to launch early, you can call the marina directly to make reservations for a slip. Jim will have to answer your question about a dog. One recommendation I have for anyone attending, is to consider taking time before or after to go up the Sacramento River to Old Sacramento. We did that after our first time on the Delta cruise. Some interesting towns and history along the way, and Old Sacramento itself has some nice shops to wonder through. If you stay on the main river and just go up and back without stopping, I believe you can do it in a day. I think we took one day to go up, spent the night at a marina near Old Sacramento, enjoyed walking around, and then came back the next day. That year the River was really flowing, and I think we saw 3 or 4 kts in Sacramento. Enjoy! Colby
Jim Gibson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super, Karl. Happy you can come. It is fine to bring your “well behaved dog” as some others in the past have brought their dogs. You must keep an eye on him/her at the duck club and SF Marina. I have a dog also, and I prefer not to bring her, but it is perfectly fine to do so.

We give a big welcome to the three newbies to this event, Sean (who we have met at Catalina), Erdem, and Karl.

This is fantastic. We now have nine boats signed up for the 2024 Delta and Bay Extravaganza. We do have room for one more vessel. Please sign up before it is too late,
Jim Gibson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Colby for replying to Karl. We just got back from Loreto, B.C.S., Mexico. Went Yellow Tail fishing and caught a big one.

Every thing Colby said is true for this event year. I will provide more information a little later about logistics and marina fees.
Karl Konecny

City/Region: Glide
Vessel Name: Nowhere Fast
Photos: Nowhere Fast
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the tuna, that will be great eating. I'm looking forward to the trip and a few pointers on striper fishing.
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys want a signup list and the front page notice for this? I know Jim on MV Pounder is highly organized and likes to keep everything updated right in the thread.

We can sure fix you up with whatever you need on here!

Jim Gibson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike. No need for a signup sheet. We only have room for one more C-Dory and I am afraid a signup sheet would confuse the issue.

Berst regards,

Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: