The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

come on guys!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KevinMc

City/Region: Venice
State or Province: FL
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:38 pm    Post subject: come on guys! Reply with quote

This not a sales or trade site, I know it is convenient to post to this site and I do not object to posting items that may assist or help owners to maintain or upgrade their boats but please refrain from selling your boat on this platform. It seems like I am looking at another search engine! Life can't be all about buying and selling. Where is the dream and fulfillment that comes with owning a C.Dory, now shape up:or I will quite and sell out for another dream. Thanks Kevin.
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, Kevin: this site is about all things C-Dory... and that includes buying, selling, or trading C-Dorys. I see you are new here (5 months and 13 posts), so you may not have an understanding of everything that encompasses this site. It is privately owned by two of our members and they are the ones who get to decide what is appropriate (or not) here. If you look on the home page, you will see a lengthy listing of C-Dorys For Sale. It IS allowed... even encouraged, because you won't find another site on the web that has more C-Dory knowledge.

If someone wants to buy, sell, or trade a C-Dory, there is no better site than right here. That said, you don't have to "quit and find another dream" - you can skip over any posts that don't interest you. Everybody wins.
Wandering Sagebrush

City/Region: Northeast Oregon
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Constant Craving
Photos: Constant Craving
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesTXSD wrote:
To be fair, Kevin: this site is about all things C-Dory... and that includes buying, selling, or trading C-Dorys. I see you are new here (5 months and 13 posts), so you may not have an understanding of everything that encompasses this site. It is privately owned by two of our members and they are the ones who get to decide what is appropriate (or not) here. If you look on the home page, you will see a lengthy listing of C-Dorys For Sale. It IS allowed... even encouraged, because you won't find another site on the web that has more C-Dory knowledge.

If someone wants to buy, sell, or trade a C-Dory, there is no better site than right here. That said, you don't have to "quit and find another dream" - you can skip over any posts that don't interest you. Everybody wins.

In terms of great members and superb information, this one of the best sites on the web.

tsturm

City/Region: Soldotna
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: JMR TOO
Photos: JMR-TOO
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: come on guys! Reply with quote

KevinMc wrote:
This not a sales or trade site, I know it is convenient to post to this site and I do not object to posting items that may assist or help owners to maintain or upgrade their boats but please refrain from selling your boat on this platform. It seems like I am looking at another search engine! Life can't be all about buying and selling. Where is the dream and fulfillment that comes with owning a C.Dory, now shape up:or I will quite and sell out for another dream. Thanks Kevin.

And that might just bother whom? Thumbs Up Cry
KevinMc

City/Region: Venice
State or Province: FL
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:20 am    Post subject: come on guys!Revised. Reply with quote

Sorry,didn't mean to offend....I ranted and should be ignored.
Thanks James TXSD.
BigSwede

State or Province: MN
C-Dory Year: 1999
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW I just bought a C-Dory advertised here. To my knowledge it wasn't advertised anywhere else.

Of course, I would suggest that buying and selling be restricted to those designated sections of the forum, which is one of the advantages of this format. I mean, I get it - I was once a member of a Facebook forum for the brand of camper I have, but it was so clogged with peoples questions for ordering their new campers that I quickly tired of wading through all of the posts that were entirely irrelevant to my 12 year old camper. But that is the weakness of Facebook, whereas here, you can just concentrate on the sections relevant to you.
Robert H. Wilkinson

City/Region: Port Ryerse
State or Province: ON
Vessel Name: Romakeme IV
Photos: Romakeme IV
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: come on guys!Revised. Reply with quote

KevinMc wrote:
Sorry,didn't mean to offend.

Congratulations - you have passed the first test! Mr. Green You should fit in well as this site is home to the greatest group of well mannered, kind and generous guys and gals on the internet.

I believe a post or 2 in my early years may have ruffled a few feathers but a long time member was kind enough to pm me and enlighten me. Never met him but consider him a friend and I requested admin remove my post.

As Jim pointed out boat sales are a part of this site for both information and historical reference as well as revenue to help keep the site running. It is suggested that members who sell a boat through the site make a donation to the tip jar. An honour system with no set amount.

Accessories and parts are also listed although you will often see them offered free for the cost of shipping. Did I mention this is a great bunch of guys/gals?

Welcome to the site KevinMc,

Rob

Esmi2

City/Region: San Luis Obispo, CA
State or Province: CA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be in the minority, but the FOR SALE section is the section I dote on and revel in the most.

One of my interests is sales, another is C-Dorys. I may buy one, I may not. I monitor the classifieds sections on a couple of different sites dedicated to things I like or own or want. Heck, I read Craigslist just for fun!

robhwa

City/Region: Anderson Island
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Marcia C
Photos: Problemadela
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esmi2 wrote:
I may be in the minority, but the FOR SALE section is the section I dote on and revel in the most.

One of my interests is sales, another is C-Dorys. I may buy one, I may not. I monitor the classifieds sections on a couple of different sites dedicated to things I like or own or want. Heck, I read Craigslist just for fun!

Ditto; For about two years, I tried to buy a used CD-22, not too old, and not too new, and not too outfitted, as I wanted to do things myself… JUST RIGHT!

Craigslist had a few here and there, but usually at a high price if they lasted very long. I’m not much for negotiating, and got in the habit of checking regularly, partly to see what might become available. It took a few seconds, and usually there was something else interesting, but buying one was my main motivation. I posted a few times on electrical stuff…

I usually kept this site open while I worked…

Then one evening/early morning about 3:00 AM while working on a report for EPA, bingo, the perfect CD-22 at a good price, and nearby on Camino Island! I immediately emailed and said I wanted to buy it. I had learned not to say “I want to see it”, and did intend to buy if it was what was advertised. I had the money already in the bank.

Not more than a few minutes had passed. I was the second inquiry, and the first one bought the boat. I didn’t understand personal emails, so emailed my offer to buy to the whole list. I reckon it is still on the site. Fortunately, there was a similar CD-22 available in California, and that person, in their 80’s and a longtime boater, had just started to think about selling, and saw my offer to buy and emailed me with a first offer. That boat is now mine for a few years.

I towed up from Bakersfield, CA with my Dodge 1500. It was incredibly windy, and I remember smugly passing large boats on high trailers in mountain passes that were having trouble staying in their lanes.

So, sales of CD’s and CD-related stuff is a primary goal of this site. There is the occasional problem, but for people wishing to buy or sell, this is the primary site, and where many of us bought our boats.

dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as a long time member, I have to say I love this site. I love everything about it. Truth be told, I don't understand 90% of the technical stuff discussed but I enjoy reading about it anyway. I love the name C Brats , forged in some long forgotten slight. I love the fact that I'm able to mention that I'm a Democrat, a fact always irrelevant to the at hand discussion. I love watching guys talk about the 16 footers as an entry level boat and then , over the years move up to 25s, and even to trawlers and then back to the 16 footer. I love perusing the for sale thread in the foolish hope that I will find a C Dory that my wife and I, both in our late 80s, can handle. Most of all I love the people on this site, I have personally learned a' lot and, the stuff that is over my head, I can't help but admire. Finally, did I mention I'm a Democrat?

"...we're all in the same boat..."
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sorry,didn't mean to offend....I ranted and should be ignored.

you did not..... and we did...

man you got to try a lot harder then that to offend most of us....

Foggy

City/Region: Traverse City; Northern Lake Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2014
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Boatless in Boating Paradise
Photos: W B Nod
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DON’T ARGUE WITH A DONKEY

The donkey said to the tiger, “The grass is blue.”

The tiger's reply, “No, the grass is green.”

Their discussion heated up. So they submitted it to arbitration
before the Lion, King of the Jungle.

Even before reaching the clearing where the Lion King was sitting
on his throne, the donkey shouted out loud:
“Your Majesty, the grass is blue, right?”

The lion responded, “Yes, you are correct. The grass is blue.”

The donkey continues: “The tiger contradicts and annoys me,
please punish him.”

The lion punishes the tiger with 5 years of silence.

The donkey cheerfully went on his way repeating, “The grass is blue.”

The tiger accepts his punishment, but asks (using sign language,
being muted) the Lion, “Your majesty, why have you punished me? Everyone
knows the grass is green.”

The lion says, “Yes, your words are very true. You are being punished because a
brave and intelligent creature like you wasted time arguing with a donkey and, on
top of that, bothered me with a silly question that doesn’t deserve attention.”

Quote:
The worst way to waste your precious time is to argue with the fellow and
fanatic who cares nothing about truth or reality but believes only in his own
thoughts and unrealistic illusions.
Don’t involve yourselves in pointless arguments. There are people who, no matter
how much evidence is presented to them, they do not have the capacity or desire
to understand. They are blinded by ego, hatred or resentment. All they want is to
be right even if they are not.
When ignorance screams, intelligence is silent.
Your peace and quiet are worth more than engaging a person with a closed mind.

Aye.

Grandpa used to say, "Aye."

Wandering Sagebrush

City/Region: Northeast Oregon
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Constant Craving
Photos: Constant Craving
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotnmarty wrote:
Well, as a long time member, I have to say I love this site. I love everything about it. Truth be told, I don't understand 90% of the technical stuff discussed but I enjoy reading about it anyway. I love the name C Brats , forged in some long forgotten slight. I love the fact that I'm able to mention that I'm a Democrat, a fact always irrelevant to the at hand discussion. I love watching guys talk about the 16 footers as an entry level boat and then , over the years move up to 25s, and even to trawlers and then back to the 16 footer. I love perusing the for sale thread in the foolish hope that I will find a C Dory that my wife and I, both in our late 80s, can handle. Most of all I love the people on this site, I have personally learned a' lot and, the stuff that is over my head, I can't help but admire. Finally, did I mention I'm a Democrat?

Marty, great to see you posting! Thanks for defining the CBrat/Cdory life cycle!

I used to be a Republican, but did I mention I’m now a Democrat?
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Wandering Sagebrush"]
[size=18] Thanks for defining the CBrat/Cdory life cycle!
I like to think of it as the CBrat/CDory/CSpan life cycle.
B~C

City/Region: Bend
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice thing about the C-Brats is the collection folks with a shared interest in C-Dory's. It's a great place to get your C-dory fix and escape the world of politics. Twins or single engine? single or twin axle? blue or red? suzuki or yamaha? these are all vital, important issues, political affiliation not
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: