The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/09 - 05/12 2024 Friday Harbor CBGT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:01 pm    Post subject: 05/09 - 05/12 2024 Friday Harbor CBGT
From 09 May 2024 to 12 May 2024 (included)

Save the date ... May 09-12, 2024
The annual Friday Harbor C-Brats Get-Together, San Juan Island, Washington is on!
The Harbormaster has confirmed the inside of H-Dock and part of G-Dock for the C-Brats.

2024 Friday Harbor Signup Now Available!

To sign up for this event:
(1) Click “Event Signups” in C-Brats main menu bar (top of the main C-Brats page)
(2) Find “Friday Harbor 2024” under “Join a Group” and click 'View Information” on the right
a. If you don’t see “Friday Harbor 2024”, click the down arrow, “v”, under “Join a Group”
b. Then click “Friday Harbor 2024”
c. Then click “View Information”
(3) The “Friday Harbor 2024” Group page will be displayed, click “Join a Group” to sign up
(4) Your name will now be on the event page
(you can view this be selecting “Event Signups” -> “Friday Harbor 2024” -> “View Information”)
(5) Please PM DayBreak ASAP with additional information (see below). The deadline is April 1.

Why do we need more information? Because …
(1) Port will assign adjacent slips (arrival / departure dates help)
(2) Ease coordination of Coast Guard Auxiliary safety inspections
(3) Create list to hand out to help identification of people and boats

Please PM DayBreak the following information:
(1) Vessel Name
(2) Model & Length
(3) Captain / Co-Captain Name(s)
(4) Additional Passenger Name(s) (optional)
(5) Arrival Date (estimate OK)
(6) Departure Date (estimate OK)
(7) Safety Inspection Yes/No

Additional information needed: Tee shirt sizes for Captain and any additional members attending. NMI has offered to give out free tee-shirts for all who attend.

Upon arrival, call to the Harbormaster on VHF Channel: 66a or call in at Phone: (360) 378-2688 and they will assign you a slip.

Activities for the gathering:
• Lots of Visiting, Sharing, and Story Swapping – Thursday PM thru Sunday AM
• Dinner Out with Other C-Brats – Friday PM
• Vessel Inspection – Saturday, starting 9 AM, performed by Friday Harbor Coast Guard Auxiliary
• Boating / Travel / Local History Book Exchange – Saturday, 2 PM, Party Barge (We all have books collecting dust at home, so let’s swap and get some new dreaming material.)
• Potluck –Saturday, 5 PM, Party Barge ** bring your own plates, utensils and favorite food **
• Other activities as we have suggestions/volunteers

We look forward to seeing everyone May 09-12 in Friday Harbor!

Gary and Colleen

Added to Calendar

Signup list

-TyBoo

Salmon Fisher

City/Region: Arlington
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kim Christine
Photos: Kim Christine
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary and Colleen,

We're all signed up and looking forward to this great event!

We missed going to Princess Louisa last year, but want to go this year!
So we hope we can get another group together to make the trip.

Thank you for coordinating our big get-together!

2004 25 Cruiser-Present

2000 22 Cruiser 2009-2014 (Sold)
2006 25 Cruiser 2014-2019 (Sold)
1985 22 Classic -2019 (Sold)
1991 19 Arima Sea Ranger-2019-2021 (Sold)
2015 27 Ranger Tug-2019-2023 (Sold)
1987 22 Cruiser -2021-2023 (Sold)

Honey, this REALLY will be my last boat, honest!
Salmon Fisher

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kim Christine
Photos: Kim Christine
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only 4 months away!
Catskinner

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2022
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Dock Holiday
Photos: Dock Holiday
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dock Holiday and crew will be there. Arrive Wednesday and depart Monday! Can’t wait!
Hunkydory

City/Region: Cokeville, Wyoming
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Hunkydory
Photos: Hunkydory-Jay-and-Jolee
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary & Colleen, put on a wonderful Gathering last year & we are hoping to attend again this year. Present plan is to attend the Gathering, then road trip to Skagway, Alaska to cruise there in Southeast again. Lots of things could mess up the plans or change them, but hope to make it happen.

Jay

DayBreak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Looking forward to seeing many familiar faces at Friday Harbor this year as well as some new ones.

Just a reminder, besides the Sat evening potluck we will also do a Sat afternoon Book & Story Swap time. Bring your travel books to swap and share stories about the places you've been or ask questions of people who have been where you want to go. Gary and I would love to share about our experiences in The Broughton's last year.

Stay warm this winter. Hope to see you all soon.

Colleen
Peter & Judy

City/Region: Olds
State or Province: AB
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Mistaya
Photos: Mistaya
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi C-Brats

Judy and I are looking forward to joining you again this year and hopefully we will not be the token Canadians at the gathering again. We had a great time last year. I think we have the system for the US Customs to let us cross the border this year by boat and will get in first time by going directly to Friday Harbour instead of Roche Harbour where we were unable to talk to a human being and had to return to Canada.

Our cruising plans will be similar this year. Driving from Alberta mid April and staying on the coast until late May. Our thoughts are to do our first cruise starting at Port Alberni, down the Alberni Inlet to Barkley Sound, the Broken Group, Bamfield and Ucluelet and then over to Tofino and Clayoquat Sound on Vancouver Island. The second cruise will be launching from Ladysmith into the Southern Gulf Islands and San Juan Islands including the gathering. If anyone would like to join us on one of these trips, please contact us.

We look forward to meeting all the Brats again in May.

HMCB Mistaya
"Mistaya" (Grizzly Bear in Cree)
HMCB (Her Majesties Cute Boat)
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter and Judy, I'm delighted to hear you two are going to make it out west again this year to our Inside Passage paradise. And Jay and Jolee, too! Just move everything else off your schedule, J&J, and we'll leave the light on for you.

I heard a few guys mention that a return trip to Princess Louisa would be a good post-rendezvous destination. That beautiful site certainly works for me if the weather cooperates. Last year was one I'll long remember.
Hot
DayBreak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

We are just 8 weeks away from our annual gathering at Friday Harbor. Colleen and I are excited to see everyone again and to meet some new people that will be attending for the very first time.

Thank you to all who have PM'd us (DayBreak) with the details of attending. We have 27 vessels signed up so far but are missing detailed information on 15 vessels. Knowing the days of your stay is important to us to show commitment to the Port of Friday Harbor. The Port plans to put us all together in a continuous line on H-Dock and with no other boats. Last year we had 30 continous C-Dory boats on the dock and that was really cool. Everyone's information is needed!

If you have not PM's us (DayBreak) the following information on attending, please do so now. This will help ensure an even greater success for our gathering. Thank you.

(1) Vessel Name
(2) Model & Length
(3) Captain / Co-Captain Name(s)
(4) Additional Passenger Name(s) (optional)
(5) Arrival Date (estimate OK)
(6) Departure Date (estimate OK)
(7) Safety Inspection Yes/No

Additional information needed: Tee shirt sizes for Captain and any additional members attending. NMI has offered to give out free tee-shirts for all who attend.

Thanks everyone. See you soon!
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary and Colleen, I'll get you the info you need to give to the Port.

Meanwhile, we've had two extended boat-friendly San Juan weather windows this month alone, and I was able to enjoy one of them. Days of sunshine and light wind meant my first cruise since October. That's an eternity.

I stayed at Friday Harbor one night, and more than half of H-Dock is filled with seasonal boats that will be moving well before our gathering. I mentioned to the folks in the marina office that our always delightful, well-behaved C-Pod is arriving in early May. They said they're looking forward to seeing us again.
DayBreak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brock, so glad that you were able to get out on the water with good weather so early in the boating season. Thanks for mentioning to the Port office about our upcoming gathering in May. The port at Friday Harbor is so accommodating to us and they look forward to our visit each year. This year at the event, NMI is not only bringing swag, but they are making custom C-Brats T-shirts for all who attend. This year looks to be an another great time at the gathering for all those that can make it.
megrda

City/Region: Puget Sound
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C of Tranquility
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:08 pm    Post subject: FH Reply with quote

Just signed up! My son (6) and I attended this event 2 years ago to check out various models. This time, we're coming with our new-to-us 16' Cruiser, C of Tranquility.
DayBreak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I spoke with the Port on Tuesday and confirmed that they will empty out all 30 spaces on H-Dock for our group. Looking forward to having 30 C-Dory boats in a line again this year. For those thinking about buying a C-Dory, what an amazing opportunity to see all of the C-Dory models gathered together in one place.

I also spoke with Julie Scammell at NMI. She will be placing an order for 70 C-Brat tee shirts that will be given away during the event. It's not too late for those who have not PM'd me your tee shirt sizes (men's sizes) so that we may have the proper sizes for everyone. We also have some that have not let Colleen and I know their planned dates of arrival and departure for the gathering. PM this to us soon as this helps the Port in planning for our stay.

Pat and Patty Anderson will not be able to attend this year's gathering. Pat had a fall and broke his hip. He and Patty are home now and Pat will be doing therapy to hopefully make a full recovery. They are bummed that they cannot attend again this year and hope to make it next year. Pat usually does the boat christenings and so this year, Patrick Walker will be doing the boat christenings on Saturday evening. Thank you Patrick for stepping up. If you would like to have a boat christening, just let us know on this thread and we will make it happen.

We are just four weeks away from this annual gathering and I am already getting excited for it and to see you all again. Gary
DayBreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received the following e-mail from the Port yesterday. We can now make our own reservations for a slip and pay in advance. BEFORE YOU READ THISE-MAIL, keep in mind that I have omitted the Group Code for the group's protection. You will need this code to make a reservation and payment. PM DayBreak and I will give you this code.

"Hey Gary!

So really fun stuff this year for your group. I have (for the time being) blocked off all of H Dock for your event. When your members go to make their reservation, they’ll have to enter the special code to see the offer and available slips. Without the special code, no slips will show as available.

I also made it so that your members will be able to choose their specific slip! This way, if you have members that want to be near each other, they can try to get slips near each other. Slips are still handed out on a first come first serve basis, so if a slip isn’t available, it has already been assigned. We are testing this out as well so that boaters don’t need to hail in to 66A if they know their slip. They can always hail in to confirm they are going into the correct slip, and dock staff will be on the docks to correct any vessel going into the wrong slip (hopefully).

All reservations this year are pre-paid in full. This will help cut back on check-in times as your members will be able to just pull into their predetermined slip, tie up their lines, and then break out the cocktails! No more needing to head up to the office to check in as they will already be paid!

RESERVATION INFO:
• Go to: www.portfridayharbor.org and click on the Make Reservation Button
• Choose the Dates: Between May 9th, Departing May 12th
• Enter Vessel Dimensions (rounded up to whole numbers)
• Enter the Group Code: (need to PM DayBreak to get this code!)
• Finish the reservation process through to payment

Let me know if anyone runs into any problems. Also, if we need more than 30 slips, let me know and I can add the smaller G Dock slips to the reservation block."

Colleen and I have already made our reservation and payment this way and it was easy. We have slip H-3. See you all soon.
Robbi

City/Region: Chambers Bay
C-Dory Year: 2023
Photos: C-Run
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not be making the trip to Friday Harbor as I had planned. I am really disappointed to be missing one of the highlights of C-Dory ownership. Great boats, beautiful location and most of all, fantastic people. I will miss it all.
I have my second post op doctor appointment for a knee replacement on the Friday of the gathering. I had planned the surgery for early November, but 4 scheduling changes moved it to late March. Best laid plans!

Robbi

2003 C-Dory 19
sold 2019

2004 C-Dory 16 Cruiser
Sold 8/2015

2004 C-Dory 19 "C-Run"
Sold 8/2011

1989 C-Dory 16 Angler
Sold 2010
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: