View previous topic :: View next topic  
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:46 pm    Post subject: Tommys got a new gig. Reply with quote

Those that know me know that I am a realtor in the north sound area of washington and have been for 15 years. Well homes are a little slow right now so along with Homes I am the new boat saleman at Cableas in Tulalip Wa. I know not our type of boats but we also sell Motors, kickers and mains. As well as ATVs and Quads. So if you are looking for a repower or a off road toy or maybe a outboard for the dinghy give me a call or stop by and just say hi. All our 10 to 2 hp mercurys are on sell right now. I will be working the cabelas booth at the boat show this Feb for a week so stop by and say hi. Thank you.
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the new (additional) gig, Tom. You know your boat stuff and will be a valuable asset for Cabelas.

I'd suggest you keep it light and keep it fun - when you make your living doing something that others do for the fun of it, it can change your perspective. This coming from someone who made a living as a musician, a photographer, and a boat captain. After years of driving commercial boats, getting out on our boat "for the fun of it," had less appeal.

Now boatless and moved to the desert. Cool

I'm guessing Cabelas has a good employee discount, too! Being the outdoorsman you are, you will have plenty of options for where to spend that additional paycheck.

Have fun,
Jim

And for the record: Tom and Susan took us out on their CD-22 in 2006 - we ordered our C-Dory the next day.
ricka

City/Region: Yreka
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2020
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Photos: ricka
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tom sounds like the new extra job could end up expensive. Being an outdoorsman and around all the goodies you would like to have.
When I met my wife back in the 70, s I worked for a sporting goods wholesale warehouse in Reno as the shipper and receiver. I always got 1st crack at buying any guns or fishing gear that came back with slight freight damage. Needless to say many of my paychecks had been spent before I got them.

It was a great time!
Hope you and Susan are doing well and that we run into you during the Friday Harbor Event or Salmon fishing this coming year.

1976 ORION TRIHULL 15
1984 BOSTON WHALER 17 MONTAUK
1996 BOSTON WHALER 21 CONQUEST
2006 BOSTON WHALER 17 MONTAUK
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boats are always fun and yes I just bought a new safe for the guns but at 60% off of 900 how could I not. Still doing the house thing but need two jobs. No the first time. One time I had two full time and one part time job. I was thinner then for some reason. Just wished we sold c-dorys . We do sell spartans https://www.spartanboats.com/boat/18-areus/

Which are really nice for this area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: