The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

03/05 - 03/07 - Hontoon Island Gathering St. John’s River
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2011
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep ….we’ve all been canceled. We will just do like like we did last year. Meet during the day anchor out at night or stay at a different marina. We had a great time last year and we will have a great time together in 2024.

That’s one of the great things about C-Brats …..we roll with the punches.

Tom and Joyce C-Otter

2011 CD 25 "C-Otter" 07/2015 to present
2011 CD 25 "My Girl" 06/2015 renamed C-Otter
2004 CD 22 Commuter "Out2C" 03/10 to 06/15
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is time those of us who live in Florida, even if we are not going to Hontoon, to put some pressure on our elected representatives in Florida. Let them know that we loved Hontoon, that we put on probably the largest boat gathering they have each year, and have donated significantly to the park.

To me this is unacceptable. I know a little about the state parks, and concessions. A friend of mine eventually canceled his concession contract at Big Lagoon State Park because of lack of response from the park manage (and parks dept.)

The State parks dept could have had Hontoon campground, concessions and administration up and running within a few months. Bring in some sheds for temporary office and concessions. Bring in some trailers (even FEMA surplus) to house staff and volunteers. Charge a small admission fee, and then let the good times roll. I will be contacting my state representatives. Several other C brats in the same district should do the same, as should all C Brats in Florida, as well as outside of Florida. I'll post the information on this thread.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida has a lot of nerve.... Just sharing.... And I'm not a Florida Resident but still got this in my email...

Hello,

We are excited to share a new benefit for Florida residents about making reservations for overnight accommodations at Florida State Parks.

Effective Jan. 1, 2024, at noon Eastern time, only Florida residents may make reservations for cabins and RV, tent, boat and equestrian campsites 11 months in advance. Non-Florida residents will be able to make reservations 10 months in advance.

To take advantage of this new benefit, Florida residents will need to provide a valid Florida driver’s license or ID card number at the time of booking. Starting today, Florida residents may update their profile associated with the Florida State Parks Reservation System to add their valid Florida driver’s license or ID card number. This information, which will be validated with the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, will need to be verified annually.

Before making a reservation 11 months in advance, Florida residents be asked to attest to the following statement:

I understand and attest that this camping reservation is being made under the Florida Residents Preference provisions outlined in s. 258.014(2), Florida Statutes. I am a Florida resident, and I agree to provide my Florida driver’s license number or Florida identification card number issued under s. 322.051, Florida Statutes, as proof of Florida residency while making this reservation and upon arrival in the state park during check-in. I also acknowledge that this reservation is not transferable. Any attempt to use this reservation by anyone other than this account holder will result in cancellation, forfeiture of all fees associated with this reservation, and assessment of the cancellation fee pursuant to the Florida State Parks Fee Schedule. Furthermore, any attempt to circumvent the spirit and intent of Florida Residents Preference by this account holder, including the sale or transfer of overnight park reservations, may result in suspension of the account holder’s ability to make future reservations.

We are excited to welcome you to our beautiful state parks.
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking back through my photos, it looks like my first time at the St. John's gathering was in 2016. Rosanne started joining me the following year. We've been on the St. John's River every year since, all beginning with the Hontoon Island gathering, except one during the height of Covid, when we still came down to cruise, but didn't attend the gathering. And of course this has been one of my favorite gatherings, and perfect time to get the helloutof Wisconsin after the brutal winters. This past summer I put 15,000 miles on C-Traveler's trailer, 10,000 of those attending every posted gathering. This coming summer I plan to take it a little easier...

At least once a year we go out to Arizona to visit my folks. Mom was moved into Memory Care a month after we visited them this past August. We want to get out there again in the spring, and with some other obligations, and along with Rosanne's vacation schedule, it appears March would be the best time to head to Arizona. We enjoyed last year's Hontoon Hoot, as John likes to call it, but I think with another year of Hontoon not being fully open, we're going to bow out and let Arizona take priority. We wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. We'll plan to be back to Hontoon in 2025. Colby & Rosanne
Full Circle

City/Region: Montrose
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2019
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Full Circle
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that, Colby. We’re planning to make it down there as a side trip during our Great Loop, and I was looking forward to seeing you again. Hope things go well in AZ!
Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will miss you at Hontoon but family always comes first.
klconnell79

City/Region: Lutz
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Alice
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:50 am    Post subject: Spring Gathering Reply with quote

We purchased our 25’ cruiser last September. We are currently doing the loop and we are in Marathon Florida. We are hoping to make the gathering and meeting folks. We have our 2 dogs traveling with us. Is it okay to attend with dogs?
Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on Looping on your C-Dory 25. Right now I expect at least 3 other members of AGLCA to be at the gathering. While not the most popular boat on the loop there are more every year. Hontoon Island state park is dog friendly so no problem bringing the whole family! So looking forward to seeing you at the gathering.
Tom
Ken O

City/Region: West Yellowstone
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 1990
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Ravens' Roost
Photos: Ravens’ Roost
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find the sign up list. Just say "yes" here, or is there a link?

Thanks!
Ken

TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you click on Event Signups at the top of the page you should see the event listed in the drop down box under the title Join a Group. Then click View Information to the right of it and add your name to the list by clicking Join Group.

Or, just go here and join!

Almas Only

City/Region: Richmond
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Alma's Only
Photos: Alma's Only
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I understand what will and will not be available at Hontoon Island State Park, but just to be sure, can someone confirm that during the daytime, we will have access to the docks, fresh water, showers and restrooms? Thanks in advance.

David

Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed! Day docks, water, showers, laundry, silent auction and lots more. We had a great time last year and will do the same this year!
Tom
Almas Only

City/Region: Richmond
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Alma's Only
Photos: Alma's Only
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Tom. Just the info I needed. Should be a great time!
Water Bill

City/Region: Lake Keowee, SC
State or Province: SC
C-Dory Year: 2018
Vessel Name: Mystery Girl (Ranger Tug R-23)
Photos: Mystery Girl and C-Swell
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this article on the manatees at Blue Springs and thought it might be of interest to all you Hontoon boaters.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/nearly-1000-manatees-converge-florida-state-park-record-breaking-sighting-180983683/

I am headed back to Hontoon on Saturday for another volunteering stint and should be there through the C-Brat Gathering. See you all in a month.

Boston Whaler Super Sport 17 1986 to 2007
Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only about 5 weeks to our Hontoon Gathering. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. As you all know….we will not be able to stay overnight on the docks but have use of all facilities during the daytime hours. We will have the silent auction so gather your goodies up. Bring your favorite boat and galley gadgets to share with others. We will have group discussions and boat tours. There are marinas in the area if needed and many anchorage’s in the vicinity.

Meals will be on your own again this year as the ferry will not be running. Hopefully the State of Florida can get the repairs done by next year.

Prepare for temperatures to be from 30 to 90 degrees and you probably will not be disappointed. I’ll have my AC and Diesel heater ready to go!

If you have not signed up yet please do so as Joyce is planning a surprise for all and needs an accurate count.

Thanks Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: