View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfeboro

City/Region: Wolfeboro
State or Province: NH
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Pilgrim
Photos: Wolfeboro
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:50 am    Post subject: Original Lines Drawing for Cruiser 16 from the Factory Reply with quote

Not all manufacturers respond to requests from owners of out-of-production products, but Julie Scammel at NMI Boats was most helpful when I asked if C-Dory had the original Cruiser 16 lines drawings that we can sometimes find in fuzzy form on various boating web sites.

Yes, indeed. After a few days of searching, she provided both JPEG and PNG versions of the Cruiser 16 drawings. Here's the JPEG. I can send both to anyone who wants them.

Enjoy!

--Rick

Donald Tyson

Photos: Donald Tyson
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Original Lines Drawing for Cruiser 16 from the Factory Reply with quote

Hi Rick,
I'd love to have jpeg version if possible as that boat is the dream for me at this time.
How do you like your 16? Have you crossed the Great Lakes or the Chesapeake in it?
Don

Wolfeboro wrote:
Not all manufacturers respond to requests from owners of out-of-production products, but Julie Scammel at NMI Boats was most helpful when I asked if C-Dory had the original Cruiser 16 lines drawings that we can sometimes find in fuzzy form on various boating web sites.

Yes, indeed. After a few days of searching, she provided both JPEG and PNG versions of the Cruiser 16 drawings. Here's the JPEG. I can send both to anyone who wants them.

Enjoy!

--Rick

Wolfeboro

City/Region: Wolfeboro
State or Province: NH
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Pilgrim
Photos: Wolfeboro
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since I’ve had it only one week as of 11:15 this morning, and it’s been registered and tagged only since Saturday, its adventures here have so far been limited to our local lakes. The first time under the Smith River Bridge was an adventure, to be sure, thanks to the storm’s high water. We had measured the clearance with a plumb line, but passing through the bridge against the current at “No Wake” speed certainly focused our attention.

I kept a ProLine center console on Cobscook Bay years ago and a 24’ sloop on the Chesapeake Bay as well as a Bristol Skiff on Lake Winnipesaukee, so I have some experience with bigger water. This little guy seems quite capable as long as one remembers the geometry of waves—lots of discussion on this site of the conditions in which one should or shouldn’t take the 16-footers (and larger C-Dorys) out.

I’d search this site for accounts of skippers taking the 16’ Anglers and Cruisers out on bigger water. When we had a place on Campobello Island, there were times when even the veteran lobstermen in much bigger boats had trouble as wind and the Fundy tides were going strong against each other. The ProLine stayed at the dock.

I’ll post more as I learn more about this particular combination of hull and motor. In the meantime, I’d search the site—there’s some good collected wide here.

Cheers,

—Rick
Donald Tyson

Photos: Donald Tyson
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfeboro wrote:
Well, since I’ve had it only one week as of 11:15 this morning, and it’s been registered and tagged only since Saturday, its adventures here have so far been limited to our local lakes. The first time under the Smith River Bridge was an adventure, to be sure, thanks to the storm’s high water. We had measured the clearance with a plumb line, but passing through the bridge against the current at “No Wake” speed certainly focused our attention.

I kept a ProLine center console on Cobscook Bay years ago and a 24’ sloop on the Chesapeake Bay as well as a Bristol Skiff on Lake Winnipesaukee, so I have some experience with bigger water. This little guy seems quite capable as long as one remembers the geometry of waves—lots of discussion on this site of the conditions in which one should or shouldn’t take the 16-footers (and larger C-Dorys) out.

I’d search this site for accounts of skippers taking the 16’ Anglers and Cruisers
out on bigger water. When we had a place on Campobello Island, there were times when even the veteran lobstermen in much bigger boats had trouble as wind and the Fundy tides were going strong against each other. The ProLine stayed at the dock.

I’ll post more as I learn more about this particular combination of hull and motor. In the meantime, I’d search the site—there’s some good collected wide here.

Cheers,

—Rick

Pro Line and trophy were on my shortlist if I couldn't find an affordable 16 C-dory. I look forward to seeing you posts and will also look up those posts. I've seen southwest harbor pretty stirred. I want to avoid that whole state in those conditions.
I really like a few boats designed by Karl Stambaugh on the Chesapeake and also some designed by Devlin out west. For now though I don't have time to build.
Thanks for your comments!
Don
CaptMac

City/Region: Amelia Island / Jacksonville
State or Province: FL
Photos: Blue Manatee
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:58 pm    Post subject: Spec Sheet 16 C-Dory Reply with quote

The below Facebook Marketplace Ad includes a factory spec sheet:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/677278484259297

I placed my 16 Angler up for sale yesterday. Included is a 45 Honda 4-Stroke outboard that runs perfectly and galvanized trailer with new fenders and integrated led lights.

At $12,500, less than the msrp of a new Honda 90, the package may be the least expensive C-Dory price anywhere. More details in the C-Brats forum, C-Dorys for Sale by Owner:

http://www.c-brats.com/viewforum.php?f=6

Thanks to the Administrators for the listing opportunity.

http://www.floundergigging.com
Flounder Gigging Charters
"The Adventure of a Night-time"
904-556-0230 Cell/Text
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: