View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfeboro

City/Region: Wolfeboro
State or Province: NH
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Pilgrim
Photos: Wolfeboro
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:41 am    Post subject: A trustworthy shipper Reply with quote

In an earlier post I had asked for recommendations of shippers who were reliable and affordable.

I managed to track down one particular reference for a shipper who had brought a boat safely from Indianapolis to Moultonboro, New Hampshire, just up the lake from us. The reference praised the shipper's competence, promptness, and communications throughout the process. Since my shipment was from western Illinois to Wolfeboro, it seemed comparable.

This shipper gave me an estimate that was not the lowest but was close to the lowest. I checked his insurance, etc. He and I coordinated a schedule with the seller and the boatyard surveying and prepping the boat, and he was at the boatyard first thing on July 19 and in my driveway before lunch on July 20, giving me updates along the way. Good guy. Good truck. Good service. Good communications.

Anyway, he's from Bucks County, Pennsylvania, and I can recommend on the basis of my one experience (and the Moultonborough skipper's recommendation).

His name is Steve Wessock, and his number is (267) 999-9302. Shipping can be an uncertain venture, with prices and references all over the place. Steve took most of the anxiety out of the equation. Below is a photo taken at the boatyard on the morning of shipping, at a boatyard in Davenport, Iowa, just across the Mississippi River from the seller's Illinois home.

--RIck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: