The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Thanks for a happy ending and an even happier beginning!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfeboro

City/Region: Wolfeboro
State or Province: NH
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Pilgrim
Photos: Wolfeboro
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:21 am    Post subject: Thanks for a happy ending and an even happier beginning! Reply with quote

Our search for a Cruiser 16 has had a happy ending, and our C-Dory days have had an even happier beginning.

A heartfelt thanks to the whole C-Brats community for the very prompt, helpful responses as I searched for, acquired, and launched our Cruiser 16. Few things in life exceed expectations, but this boat and the process leading to its launch certainly have.

Thanks to those who helped me find three Cruiser 16s that just might be for sale "east of the Mississippi," including one that definitely was. Thanks to those who advised me as the boatyard I hired for a survey listed small flaws in an otherwise excellent hull. Thanks to those who helped me find a reliable, affordable shipper [about whom I'll post later]. And thanks to those who helped me ascertain that a Cruiser 16 would actually fit safely under the Smith River Bridge that links our lakes up here--even sending waterline-to-pilothouse-top tape-measure photos.

After some really generous, cooperative planning and execution with the seller and the boatyard, we had the boat ready for shipping on the morning of July 19 and in our driveway 26 hours later, with updates from the driver along the way. We launched first thing on July 22, and my wife loves the boat, thanks to the seller's meticulous maintenance and the boatyard's through prep. It's a 2004 hull with a 2004 Honda 40, both in excellent condition.

I'll attempt to post a photo here. But the main message is my appreciation of the C-Brats community. A great boat and a great community. Thanks!

--Rick

TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, and thank you for the wonderful words to our little community! They are a pretty good bunch of folks, for sure.

Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: