HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Honda 40 Hesitation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John&Robin

City/Region: Freeland
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Biscuit (was Wanda Fuca!)
Photos: C-Biscuit
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:25 am    Post subject: Honda 40 Hesitation Reply with quote

We're just back from 14 days on Lake Chelan, a great early season cruise before the crowds and fires begin. Before leaving I changed the primary racor filter, but since I'd done the high and low pressure fuel filters a year and only 50 hours ago I didn't change them. We launched and explored Lake Entiat on the way but only at low RPM, and then launched at 25 Mile Creek on Chelan for our longer trip. As soon as we hit about 3200 RPM we had an intermittent hesitation in the port engine. Slowing down to 2500 we were fine so we had a couple of days in a nearby camp before heading back to 25 Mile and the toolbox. I had brought parts and changed the engine fuel filters in the campground and we had no more problems over the next two weeks. The Honda manual has the service interval on these filters as "check 6 months/100 hours, replace 2 years/400 hours." I got a little less than a year and 37 hours out of them. The previous change was at 288 hours and solved a similar hesitation. All the filters look clean, no water in the separator, no dirt in the screens that I can see. I don't mind having them on the annual maintenance list except for the cost of the parts. Am I missing something?
Thanks for any advice!

WCF

City/Region: Central
C-Dory Year: 1995
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No advice on the Hondas, but had to chime in:

14 days! We have been doing overnights this Spring trying to get as much time in before the smoke. As you implied, you were there for the very best time.

I saw your boat in Stehekin but it looked like nobody was home. I probably should have looked for you. We were camping further down lake but stopped at Purple Point for a few hours over memorial day weekend; I also think our trucks were parked next to each other at 25 mile.

Small world Very Happy
John&Robin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably missed us while we were at the bakery! There were only 5 transient boats over the "busy" holiday weekend, and two other campers at 25 Mile when we got back on Wednesday. A bit windy at times but so very beautiful![/b]
John&Robin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably missed us while we were at the bakery! There were only 5 transient boats over the "busy" holiday weekend, and two other campers at 25 Mile when we got back on Wednesday. A bit windy at times but so very beautiful!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: