The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

08/06 - 08/12 - 18th Annual Catalina Off-shore Adventure
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaSpray

City/Region: Brentwood, CA
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SeaSpray
Photos: SeaSpray
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jim, we also enjoy our time with you and Cath. Thanks for for putting these trips together.

Steve
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 4000+ miles on the trailer, C-Traveler arrived home with us yesterday afternoon with no major events. We had one issue with the fresh water pump. After a week in 100+ degree heat, in Goodyear, Az., the thermal protection / pressure switch took a hit. Water pump didin't work when I went to wash my hands after having lunch the day we left Goodyear. I was able to wire around the pressure switch temporarily to get water flowing again! Smile New pump from Amazon arrived yesterday evening, along with a new pressure switch to fix the old pump and keep it as a spare! Smile

While very minor, after arriving at Marina Del Rey, I noticed that the bushings around the trailer caliper slider pins, on the right side, on the bottom, had all disappeared. I was able to temporarily fix this by using some red silicone and filling in around the pins. (Thanks for the silicone, Jim!) Sometime this week I will be pulling the calipers, cleaning out the silicone and replacing the bushings. But my question is, why is this happening! If you remember, I had both right side calipers come off, only being held by the tire rims, on that same side earlier this year when I drove out to Rio Vista for the Delta Cruise. That was because 3 of the 4 pins had broken off, with 1 pin completely gone. The bushings were all gone in that case as well. I suspect that the bushings came out, as this time, and allowed the calipers to break off the pins. At least this time I caught it before the pins were broken off. I'll move this discussion over to the earlier thread regarding brake caliper problems. Colby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: